Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Silva loan

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm really intrigued as to how he will do. Hopefully will be able to view Anderlecht matches on some small running water flow.

TBH Have no idea what he will do there. He's on the way to becoming as enigmatic as Adama! Wouldn't be surprised if he scored 20 , but also wouldn't be surprised if he scored none and was sent back at Xmas. Or even scored 5 or 6 in a full season, just to keep us guessing a bit longer.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Uh oh. The youngsters don't general want to be here after a good loan.

Can't think of any youngsters in recent years that have looked ready for a chance at Premier League football tbh, so they have to go to get some games. Only have to look at where they've gone from Wolves - has any youngster got a move to anyone who could think themselves as better/as good as/near our level?

MGW is only just appearing on the cusp of being a starter now after a full season of being one of the best players in the Champ. He definitely deserves his chance now but really can't remember anybody else in recent years.

Cundle, for example, did well at Spurs when packed into a midfield three but he got swallowed alive at Newcastle. He needs a loan at a lower level too.

Those who everyone thought could be like Ronan, Sanderson seem way off. Giles maybe if he has a good full season next season.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this is what you get when you choose to back a manager that has a history of falling out with players. Silva clearly wasn't happy with Lage last season, Lage scapegoated him towards the end of it, and we've still got him here until he falls out with a load more

So much for the appointment of Lage helping to develop Silva and the other youngsters

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this is what you get when you choose to back a manager that has a history of falling out with players. Silva clearly wasn't happy with Lage last season, Lage scapegoated him towards the end of it, and we've still got him here until he falls out with a load more

So much for the appointment of Lage helping to develop Silva and the other youngsters
Biggest disappointment in all fairness is that Lage is still here.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah and the three kids he was happy to pull up aren't! MGW won't trust him, Traore won't trust him, I wouldn't trust him to build a ****ing fantasy team

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A genuine chance he is gone by the world cup. Man, even by October if we pick up where we left off last season.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, £250 million for the next Ronaldo sounds about right. Though we could let them have him for half that if they take Cutrone, too. "Buy one at half price get one free". Bargain.
BOGOF indeed

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I too have big doubts in Lage but hopefully this season, things will be different.

What’s more important is how the players feel about him…….does he have their confidence?

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no problem with him leaving Molineux, whether that's a loan or a permanent transfer. £35m and a huge disappointment. Couple this with his signing together with Semedo seeming to be the beginning of the tightening of the purse strings and a loss of interest by Fosun.

BelgianWolf

Reaction score
Everyone seems to think he will be a starter but i wouldn't bet on it early doors.

Both our starters from last year are no longer there: Zirkzee went back to Bayern and Kouame to Fiorentina (but now sold I believe)

So that leaves us with Raman and Fabio Silva. I would be extremely surprised if FS doesn't start

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would hope this means that a good striker is coming in who will keep Silva out of the first team and therefore Silva would be wasting his time here.
Saiss + Marcal + Trincao + Hoever + Silva out .
Thats called clearing he decks . Before we sink ? Or making space for Cutrone ;)

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Why would we send him out on loan at this point? We have no one else besides Raul as a striker option, and he will become homegrown for Wolves at the end of this season, which will make him more valuable to us.

JEFF SHI WHAT THE **** ARE YOU THINKING

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good Luck to him and at least the loan club are paying his wages in full
And that right there tells you that the various sites reporting his salary in the region of 80k p/W are absolute nonsense (which is often used as yet another stick with which to beat the club and Fabio).
No way a Belgian club could pay that, even a household name with some European football.

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is an absolute shambles. He looked decent in the limited time he was on the pitch and played when we were creating absolutely **** all.

We are getting really good at keeping players when they should be on loan and loaning them when we should be keeping them.

This REALLY makes you wonder what Fosun's intention is here imo.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
From a football view it’s a good move, he needs regular starting football. I don’t know much of the Belgian league but I’d hope it’s a decent standard.

You’d hope/think the guys running things are fairly confident that a new striker is coming in and instead of pushing Fabio down the waiting list for a place they’re getting him a loan.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to those EUFA coefficients, the Belgian League is only slightly lower the the Championship. I think it a decent level for Fabio, based on what I see in him. Isn't the best way to learn , to be stretched and challenged, but not struggling out of your depth?
Agreed. Besides, it's about putting him somewhere where he can score goals and build up his confidence. More physical, route one stuff in the Championship.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
a good move for fabio to get regular football and experience without the spotlight on him.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is an absolute shambles. He looked decent in the limited time he was on the pitch and played when we were creating absolutely **** all.

We are getting really good at keeping players when they should be on loan and loaning them when we should be keeping them.

This REALLY makes you wonder what Fosun's intention is here imo.
Agreed. And doesn’t a loan away mean that he loses the potential to be a homegrown player at the end of this season?

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clearing the decks for another striker but who of quality will join Wolves- a club in retreat.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread is amazing. So much arrogance about the Belgian league. He is moving to a decent league and he might just find his feet there and the net. I'd have preferred a season in the championship but it is what it is.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would hope this means that a good striker is coming in who will keep Silva out of the first team and therefore Silva would be wasting his time here.
Saiss + Marcal + Trincao + Hoever + Silva out .
Thats called clearing he decks . Before we sink ? Or making space for Cutrone ;)
We are clearing decks that have been cleared already of furniture. We are now starting to rip up the decks. Everything is just negative with Wolves the signs are ominous.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming he starts often then we have to be expecting 15+ goals. That would go a long way to increasing his value again as well.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not the price with those two it’s the wages. Both are on big wages, they aren’t that simple to move on.

We had several u23s make premier league debuts last season and I didn’t see a lack of motivation from anyone.

And players get moved on even when high wages are a barrier. It’s all in the price. Bonatini is on 35k (1.8m per year),. If needed the difference between what a new club is willing to pay him, and what he’s currently on, can be bridged through a signing bonus.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is gonna be another one of those transfers that makes you think we will be bringing someone in cos they won't leave us that light in a certain position surely, and then we go on to do **** all

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao, Fabio, Saiss, Marcel, Ruddy, Hoever out the door, no one in yet, question marks over Rauls recovery, Moutinho a few weeks off his 36th birthday, Kilman and Semedo injured, Boly 2 decent games in a year and yet some folks biggest concern is replacing the head coach who got us to 10th last season because he called a Hoever a **** for being a ****.

Ok.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Astute move for me. Jeff knows Wolves won’t be scoring many which will limit Fabio’s appearances and effectiveness. Rather than lose value heavily he’ll hope he scores in Belgium and keeps his value up.

All part of value retention not player development.

No need for incoming striker as we don’t score.

……

above tongue in cheek. Must be some incoming strikers (plural). Personally like Fabio only the price which was wrong. A 19 year old through youth we’d be delighted. Also think his movement and football brain would work well with MGW, Neto and Podence.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Scott Sellars is on the phone to Keiffer Moore as we speak...
Don’t be silly. Scott isn’t allowed his own phone that makes outgoing calls. He’s got tin cans and string with Jeff on the other end.

Back
Top Bottom