Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Silva loan

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao, Fabio, Saiss, Marcel, Ruddy, Hoever out the door, no one in yet, question marks over Rauls recovery, Moutinho a few weeks off his 36th birthday, Kilman and Semedo injured, Boly 2 decent games in a year and yet some folks biggest concern is replacing the head coach who got us to 10th last season because he called a Hoever a **** for being a ****.

Ok.
To be fair, I’ve been reliably informed over time on here that every one of those players you just listed isn’t good enough.

So on that basis we’ll be fine as we won’t miss them anyway!

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this is a good move for him. At his age, he really needs to be playing regularly.

Must admit, I’m surprised at just how many posters are happy to write him off at such a young age. Personally, I still think he has time on his side.

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There's a lot of assumption about him getting plenty of game time. I hope he does but he'll need to perform.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao, Fabio, Saiss, Marcel, Ruddy, Hoever out the door, no one in yet, question marks over Rauls recovery, Moutinho a few weeks off his 36th birthday, Kilman and Semedo injured, Boly 2 decent games in a year and yet some folks biggest concern is replacing the head coach who got us to 10th last season because he called a Hoever a **** for being a ****.

Ok.

It is a shambles.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Both our starters from last year are no longer there: Zirkzee went back to Bayern and Kouame to Fiorentina (but now sold I believe)

So that leaves us with Raman and Fabio Silva. I would be extremely surprised if FS doesn't start

Are you excited to get Fabio on loan? Are the fans in general excited?

Opinion is divided on him amongst Wolves fans, but for what it's worth, my opinion is that is mostly down to the price tag, and you are getting an exceptionally talented young footballer for a year and I expect him to do very well. Could well be the making of Fabio.

Reactions: DPE

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is “shambles” or “utter/utterly” becoming the most overused annoying term on the mix?

Would make for a fantastic poll.
It's "clowns" that really riles me. I'm all for the poll though it might make people think and get rid of, or at least reduce, some of the worst offending terms.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Are shambles and utter(ly) becoming the most overused annoying terms on the mix?

Would make for a fantastic poll.

It's "clowns" that really riles me. I'm all for the poll though it might make people think and get rid of, or at least reduce, some of the worst offending terms.

We've had utterly shambolic clowns manage us (Saunders)

We've had utterly shambolic clowns play for us (Roger Johnson)

We've had utterly shambolic clowns own us (Bhatti's)

But we don't have any utterly shambolic clowns associated with the club now.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The last sentence is an interesting one!

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s a concern that with a lack of goals being an issue for us, our most expensive signing isn’t considered ready for the first team after two full seasons with us. My concern is if he doesn’t do the business for Anderlecht, do we then cut our losses at the end of next season and let him go for probably less than half we paid for him? Hopefully my concerns are unfounded and Silva comes back from Anderlecht ready to make his mark for us. If MGW leaves for around £20 million that at present seems a bargain compared to £35 million for Silva.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good Luck to him and at least the loan club are paying his wages in full
That's a very good statement. Think I read somewhere recently that Silva was on £4 million p a ...maybe we have a striker lined up who will be free, but will demand high wages?

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's a very good statement. Think I read somewhere recently that Silva was on £4 million p a ...maybe we have a striker lined up who will be free, but will demand high wages?
Someone told me they’d read that he was on £80k a week. I find that hard to believe.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or maybe it means the £4m mentioned on social media was always a load of *******s. If you think a Belgian side is paying £4m a year to anyone, let alone a 20 year old who's on loan you're off your rocker

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Anderlecht’s total annual wage bill is around €16m so there is no way that they would be paying one player a quarter of that.

Believe their top earner is on something close to €35k a week with the vast majority earning closer to €10k per week.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This has been covered endless time but the £80k per week figure bandied around is much more likely £80k per month.

Perhaps every new Silva threa should come with disclaimers at the top to avoid it getting derailed with 3 pages about his fee, his salary and the previous release clause.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the Fabio saga, Jeff deserves the sack. Sold a pup. They saw him coming.
I can only assume the reason why Shi doesn’t get the sack for this, is because those higher in the organisation were also complicit in the Porto/Gestifute/Mendes/Fosun/Wolves money laundering exercise.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I noticed quite a few people on twitter complaining about the fact that it is Anderlecht that we have loaned him to and that it is too low a calibre league and should have loaned him to a better league to ready him more for the physicality of the premier league.

It got me thinking I wonder if the loan destination is because we are working another deal with Anderlecht and loaning Silva there was a way around perhaps getting someone from them on a loan to buy or for a reduced fee or something along those lines. They have a young spanish 21 year old left back called Sergio Gomez who had an excellent season got bags of assists perhaps we could see him arrive the other way at some point this summer or maybe Yari Verschaeren who we were linked to a number of years ago.

Likewise we loaned Hoever to PSV and have heard rumours of interest in Noni Madueke could be potentially something there as well, probably nothing in either and just the first teams to show interest in taking the pair on loan but would be a creative way of adding players on the cheap or on loans to buy next summer when we may have more money.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a concern that with a lack of goals being an issue for us, our most expensive signing isn’t considered ready for the first team after two full seasons with us. My concern is if he doesn’t do the business for Anderlecht, do we then cut our losses at the end of next season and let him go for probably less than half we paid for him? Hopefully my concerns are unfounded and Silva comes back from Anderlecht ready to make his mark for us. If MGW leaves for around £20 million that at present seems a bargain compared to £35 million for Silva.
Given he's had two seasons in English football and got worse as they've gone I don't think we'll see him back here in any way involving the first team again, he's offered absolutely zero as a striker but looked ok as a forward player, he'll score 13 odd goals there I'd say, go out on loan again next season and then see a transfer to the value of 15-18 million for him.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And players get moved on even when high wages are a barrier. It’s all in the price. Bonatini is on 35k (1.8m per year),. If needed the difference between what a new club is willing to pay him, and what he’s currently on, can be bridged through a signing bonus.
Who on earth is going to pay bonatini that wage? That’s exactly my point

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Everyone slagging the Belgian League.

Silva is heading to Anderlecht to replace Joshua Zirkzee who has had a successful loan spell there from Bayern who saw it fit to send one of their top prospects there.

Hopefully Silva gets the same game time and fills the same role as they are similar in some ways.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who on earth is going to pay bonatini that wage? That’s exactly my point

You’re missing the point, they don’t need to. They might pay him 15k or 20k in a new contract, and the difference between his current Wolves salary and the new salary (for the length of his old Wolves contract) is grossed up in his signing bonus. So he still gets paid the equivalent of his current salary until his contract would have expired. That signing bonus in turn, is then deducted from the fee the buying club pay, so Wolves cover the difference between his old and new salary (until his old Wolves contract would have expired). It just means you can accelerate his move rather than waiting for his contract to run down.

The alternative is what we’ve been doing, loaning him out, with the loaning club likely also not paying his full salary, and him eventually leaving on a free. Assuming some modest fee is paid by a new club in the scenario I described, then that approach should benefit Wolves financially.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

True, but now we have liars

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re missing the point, they don’t need to. They might pay him 15k or 20k in a new contract, and the difference between his current Wolves salary and the new salary (for the length of his old Wolves contract) is grossed up in his signing bonus. So he still gets paid the equivalent of his current salary until his contract would have expired. That signing bonus in turn, is then deducted from the fee the buying club pay, so Wolves cover the difference between his old and new salary (until his old Wolves contract would have expired). It just means you can accelerate his move rather than waiting for his contract to run down.

The alternative is what we’ve been doing, loaning him out, with the loaning club likely also not paying his full salary, and him eventually leaving on a free. Assuming some modest fee is paid by a new club in the scenario I described, then that approach should benefit Wolves financially.
The signing bonus is paid by the buying club, No club at bonatini level ie the championship is paying him a package of £35k a week. The top players in that division earn that, not one who got 12 goals 4 seasons ago and since has played in a farmer league and still not scored many.

The idea that someone is paying a fee for bonatini, then giving him the contract he’s on now regardless of a signing bonus is pie in the sky.

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How do outsiders know the details of players contracts? "He's on £35k a week, he's on £80k a week" etc etc???

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do outsiders know the details of players contracts? "He's on £35k a week, he's on £80k a week" etc etc???
Guess work from "leaks" of player salaries.

There is this one about fabio having 80k, but another one of seen puts him more like 20 to 30k, which would be realistic if Anderlecht are to pay it all.

In regards to mr bonatini, it was said he was on a fair whack when he came in, again 30k

Reaction score
Might be a daft question but is this actually happening? Seen lots of rehashes of the same story but nothing official from either club

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Terrible decision unless they've sorted a year contract extension and got a striker lined up. This should have been last season and wreaks of the mgw mistake.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They don’t otherwise the GDPR breaches that appear to go on about player’s contracts is massive. I’m sure the ICO must be fining every football club daily.

Anyway most players salaries are made up of basic and bonuses for individual and team performance so are often inflated based on the player and team achieving all of the performance bonuses.

I’m sure if Fabio scores 30 goals in a season, including winning goals in both cup finals and secured us a Champions league place he’d earn a massive amount more money than he is now through bonuses. If he’d done that we wouldn’t be having this discussion although there would be some on here complaining we’d over paid for him.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Terrible decision unless they've sorted a year contract extension and got a striker lined up. This should have been last season and wreaks of the mgw mistake.
It would be foolish to let him go without having someone else lined up. They must have recognised from last 2 years about going into the season under resourced in this area.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be foolish to let him go without having someone else lined up. They must have recognised from last 2 years about going into the season under resourced in this area.

Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ok.
There's still a section of the fanbase who aren't over Nuno going and will always have it in for his replacement.

The reality is that the squad really isn't very good and any coach would struggle to get any more out of them. Many poor transfer windows are coming home to roost now.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Signing a year’s extension apparently before going on loan. Happy with that part of it even if I’d personally like him to stay and play more of a leading role with us.

If we get Ramos, Fabio signs the extension and gets a full year as the main man elsewhere then I fully get the logic of all of it.

T

TheConcourse

Signing a year’s extension apparently before going on loan. Happy with that part of it even if I’d personally like him to stay and play more of a leading role with us.

If we get Ramos, Fabio signs the extension and gets a full year as the main man elsewhere then I fully get the logic of all of it.
Yep. Totally agree. It’s a smart move.

The critics will say it should have been a year earlier without factoring in:

- How Raul would even respond to playing
- The amount of chances the team creates for CF’s
- Whether there was a club that wanted him

Etc etc.

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They don’t otherwise the GDPR breaches that appear to go on about player’s contracts is massive. I’m sure the ICO must be fining every football club daily.

Anyway most players salaries are made up of basic and bonuses for individual and team performance so are often inflated based on the player and team achieving all of the performance bonuses.

I’m sure if Fabio scores 30 goals in a season, including winning goals in both cup finals and secured us a Champions league place he’d earn a massive amount more money than he is now through bonuses. If he’d done that we wouldn’t be having this discussion although there would be some on here complaining we’d over paid for him.
Exactly. My question was rhetorical but bugs me the certainty which posters use salary figures.

Back
Top Bottom