Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Silva loan

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does the club realise that the new ruling is to allow 5 subs not to only field 5 players? The squad is being decimated and to make up the numbers we will be forced to bring in any bodies rather than bodies that will improve us as supposedly we have no money.
This is a salient point. The 5 subs rule (with which I disagree wholeheartedly) serves to grant an even greater advantage to those teams with strength in depth. Trimming an already slim squad will manifestly penalise us in the later stages of matches if we don't bring in replacements.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have just seen this. I do find it a bit of a bizarre decision. The Belgian league is incredibly weak. I think he would have been much better off going to a championship side in this country. Look what it did for MGW. I will definitely follow his progress however with a great deal of interest, and hope he scores a load of goals.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally think we should've done the deal slightly differently. Instead of a whopping 35m hanging over his head, could it have been more like obvious add one, like 20m to start with, 10m on reaching 5 goals and 5 goals if he jumps in the south bank after scoring his first at that end? Too much pressure for a young kid.
Wish him well, hopefully he gets loads in Belgium, decent year holiday for him. And we get a good chunk of wages off us for a year.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have just seen this. I do find it a bit of a bizarre decision. The Belgian league is incredibly weak. I think he would have been much better off going to a championship side in this country. Look what it did for MGW. I will definitely follow his progress however with a great deal of interest, and hope he scores a load of goals.
If the plan is for him to return I agree, maybe the idea is to put him in the shop window for a transfer to a "top" European club next year? Hope not, but would not be totally surprised.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
I dont really get this loan at all. Would of made sense a year ago but not now, surely there must be one or two strikers being brought in

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't get the logic behind Anderlecht, even if he has a great season in the Belgian league grabbing 15-20 goals no one will care as it's not a great league and there's been a fair few who've scored there for fun and done nothing anywhere else.

Surely a move back to Portugal would have been the best shout if he were leaving on loan.

Saying that, I'd have kept him, if, hopefully we're looking to play more attacking football there should be more useful game time for forward players this year.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Going to a team with European football though so he's in that window too for other teams to see him. Top team in the league too.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crazy to think we’re loaning him out, but still can’t shift Bonatini or Cutrone off the books. Shows how weak our management are really and why we need a proper respected DoF.

jeb01

Reaction score
Shocking!
We gotta stop letting players go before we get replacements.
There's never any communication from the club about what our intentions are.
How can they be expecting Season ticket holders to pay more and renew without telling us what they're intending to do.
Here you go, pre-commit to spending more money for a season, and we'll dismantle the squad* so we can look forward to a stressful relegation battle next season.
Cheers Jeff.
*as it currently stands, with no indication what so ever we're strengthening the squad.
Simple. Don’t renew the season ticket.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crazy to think we’re loaning him out, but still can’t shift Bonatini or Cutrone off the books. Shows how weak our management are really and why we need a proper respected DoF.
Or perhaps it’s shows it’s easier to loan out silva than it is to get rid of bonatini and cutrone. How does it show weak management? How does a proper respected DOF (whatever the criteria is for one) make a difference to bonatini and cutrone. One is a championship forward with a premier league wage and the other is an ex Italian wonder kid on a huge wage who’s done nothing in years, neither are anywhere near attractive to clubs.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loan him out to the Championship? What right minded club is going to trust their forward line responsibility to Fabio? The cut and thrust of that league is not the place for experiments by any of the 22 clubs.
Hopefully, the Anderlecht deal has a guarantee that he will play a % of games otherwise I can see him sitting on their bench with us getting nice pics of him smiling and joking in training.

jeb01

Reaction score
I hope Fabio does well in Belgium on a season long loan.
No commitment to buy is apparently part of the deal, but if he does well perhaps he can leave Wolves permanently this time next year for a decent fee.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good move for the lad, hope he does well get some goals and it will build his confidence.
Undoubtedly we will be bringing in a replacement for him and also 3 or 4 other players.
Just need to be patient they will come.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The opinions on this deal could not be more ironic. This place is as ****ing hilarious as it is miserable.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or perhaps it’s shows it’s easier to loan out silva than it is to get rid of bonatini and cutrone. How does it show weak management? How does a proper respected DOF (whatever the criteria is for one) make a difference to bonatini and cutrone. One is a championship forward with a premier league wage and the other is an ex Italian wonder kid on a huge wage who’s done nothing in years, neither are anywhere near attractive to clubs.

Because someone who knows their stuff would have realised, had the backbone to tell Jeff, and we’d have cut our losses years ago, and using their network to sell both at a knockdown price. A DoF would have managed our squad depth better, even if guided by the objective of keeping the squad tight to keep players motivated and offer chances for the best U23’s.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

According to those EUFA coefficients, the Belgian League is only slightly lower the the Championship. I think it a decent level for Fabio, based on what I see in him. Isn't the best way to learn , to be stretched and challenged, but not struggling out of your depth?

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because someone who knows their stuff would have realised, had the backbone to tell Jeff, and we’d have cut our losses years ago, and using their network to sell both at a knockdown price. A DoF would have managed our squad depth better, even if guided by the objective of keeping the squad tight to keep players motivated and offer chances for the best U23’s.
Agreed. Sellers is just a puppet/buffer for Shi who tried to over promote himself when trying to take the initial glory for the Adama/Barca ‘deal’.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank god for that
Let's hope it's with a £25 million buy on clause , although I've probably put the decimal point in the wrong place there

Yes, £250 million for the next Ronaldo sounds about right. Though we could let them have him for half that if they take Cutrone, too. "Buy one at half price get one free". Bargain.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think it's a good decision to loan him out, but we need another striker ffs.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not the price with those two it’s the wages. Both are on big wages, they aren’t that simple to move on.

We had several u23s make premier league debuts last season and I didn’t see a lack of motivation from anyone.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should have went on loan a lot earlier. That's him probably finished at Wolves and away on a free in the future lol

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be stunned if we didn't bring in at least one striker, and another wide player should MGW move on. But then again, should I be really?

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If I was a manager or DoF of another football club, I'd be trying to bring the best striker in on loan that I could. I wouldn't just take any old striker from the DoF that I respect most!

Planty

Groupie
Reaction score
Think we'll bring in an experienced (+low cost) target man maybe seferovic

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we'll bring in an experienced (+low cost) target man maybe seferovic

Been linked with Besiktas and Mallorca this week. Might have to settle for Stern John

Sanewolf

Reaction score
We spent our Jota money on a player that has scored 4 goals in 2 years and we are now loaning him out for a season to a team in a farmers league, hahahaha.
Great banter from Jeff Shi, really is top draw.
Next week we will see Neves has gone Grasshoppers for a season.

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
Disappointing that a 35M player needs to be sent out on loan in order to get experience in Year 3, but I think it's the right move. Fabio is not ready for the Prem, and hopefully he can find some form playing in Belgium and in the Conference League. I'd be shocked if Wolves don't go out and bring in another striker, but then again there's been more than a few shocking decisions as of late.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Uh oh. The youngsters don't general want to be here after a good loan.

Back
Top Bottom