Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Silva loan

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva posted a picture to Instagram of him in a Wolves changing room at 9:18 this morning

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely some misinformation around if that's the case. To be expected, I guess.
To be honest its probably done and the info that he’d gone to Anderlecht already may be a presumption. Have you heard anything else?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems a bit daft though, presumably he's just at Compton missing out on a proper pre-season until he moves. I expect it'll be concluded this week.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems a bit daft though, presumably he's just at Compton missing out on a proper pre-season until he moves. I expect it'll be concluded this week.
I’m sure it’s because we are sorting out incoming striker. We wouldn’t let him go until we have that 100% agreed - would be madness.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure it’s because we are sorting out incoming striker. We wouldn’t let him go until we have that 100% agreed - would be madness.
I hope so! Hopefully means something is fairly imminent.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m still hopeful Silva will be decent but it’s getting irritating how often Kane is mentioned in relation to him.

At a younger age than Fabio Kane had won Milwalls young player of the year in the championship (and hadn’t had 35 mil spent on him). Fabio has to go and do something similar in Belgium now, he’ll be nearly 21 when he comes back. The lad has to start performing on a regular basis now.

Yep, exactly. There's another problem with the point that Harry Kane didn't score lots when he was on loan at numerous lower league clubs. He was developing at the time. Learning the skill that eventually *did* result in him scoring 21 Premier League goals for Spurs when he was only a year older then Fabio. Would he have done that if he'd been bench warming at Spurs all that time, instead of playing first team football? He didn't clock up that many appearances on loan, maybe similar to Fabio's first team number for us, but Kane scored 14 goals at Championship/ League 1 level. Then returned to Spurs and got 21 in a season.

If anything, that is an argument that if you want Fabio to emulate Kane, he should also be out on loan, developing his craft at a lower level.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suprised this hasn't been announced yet tbh would have thought it was close to being done at the weekend as he hasn't been training with the squad now for a fair bit now..

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suprised this hasn't been announced yet tbh would have thought it was close to being done at the weekend as he hasn't been training with the squad now for a fair bit now..
Good point - perhaps we are trying to get a deal for his replacement for this season sorted first?

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For once we are doing the right thing, not leaving us short until we get a replacement

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Remember Harry Kane was released by Arsenal as s youngster because they didn't think he would make it.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would like to think we are trying to sort a replacement before he goes but seems odd he is left in limbo a bit.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes and was a great at Norwich too when he was older than Fabio.......

One to show to the Hwang haters, too. :rolleyes: He looked as clumsy as Kane, too, therefore, by Fabio-logic, must be nailed on for 20 goals next season.

<EDIT> And don't forget, Kane would get a penalty for that in the Premier League. Watch the keeper "there's definitely contact".

Last edited:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another thought on Silva. Is it possible we could be trying to get someone from Anderlecht? Have they any players that would be any good for us?

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
At age 11… :tearsofjoy: Which just proves the point that lads develop at different ages. It was a friend of mine that had to tell his parents that Arsenal were letting him go. He has gone all gangly and uncoordinated.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeach, the wall has a goal in it, but they keep hitting the wall

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am struggling with this one. I get Fabio needs first team football but, if we don't sign a new striker, he would get plenty of opportunities with us. We can't go into a new season with only Raul and Hwang- that would be ludicrous.

Wherever he goes he is going to have at least one player competing with him, the same as he has here with Raul, and we have both an emotional and financial investment in him so are more likely to give him chances.

I really can't see why he has missed out on a week of pre-season and not gone out on loan already. This does smack of more mismanagement of a promising youngster.

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
Might be a case of waiting for a striker to agree to joining us before we announce the Fabio loan. I would be very surprised if we didnt already have someone in mind.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit odd that this hasn't been done yet, I hope for once we're getting the replacement lined up first.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is probably a hitch in us buying a replacement. Could be any number of things.

Not doing any good for the plater or the club him not being involved in pre-season but if the club were 80% sure if getting a replacement, then you can see their reasoning

Back
Top Bottom