Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Silva loan

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
According to Fabrizio Romani ( or whatever) Fabio is off on loan to Anderlecht. Thoughts?

MontyR

Reaction score
A year too late. Should've been lining up with Neto, MGW and Podence/Traore. Really hope he signed an extension before leaving or I fear another MGW situation this time next year.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should be good for him. Play for one of the top sides in a weaker league, regular football, should bang some in.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good move for him needs that regular game time to develop and also to get a bit of confidence.

We desperately need numbers now so should imagine signings are lined up.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does the club realise that the new ruling is to allow 5 subs not to only field 5 players? The squad is being decimated and to make up the numbers we will be forced to bring in any bodies rather than bodies that will improve us as supposedly we have no money.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Shocking!
We gotta stop letting players go before we get replacements.
There's never any communication from the club about what our intentions are.
How can they be expecting Season ticket holders to pay more and renew without telling us what they're intending to do.
Here you go, pre-commit to spending more money for a season, and we'll dismantle the squad* so we can look forward to a stressful relegation battle next season.
Cheers Jeff.
*as it currently stands, with no indication what so ever we're strengthening the squad.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should bang them in over there meaning he'll either come back full of confidence or we'll get the money back we paid for him

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good move for him with European football on the cards as well. Bang in some goals and will be well away.

Hiwvwer the caveat is we are again weakening without incoming's, I would like to think this decision has been made due to deals incoming rather than a loan now find solution after.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be good for him, really needs a season where he plays 25+ games. Bayern sent a striker there with a similar profile (in terms of age and goals for national development teams) and he played 38 times, scoring 15.

A little sad as I like him and really want him to do well for us but both us and him will be better for it this time next year if he stays injury free and gets the games.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great if he does well but why are we weakening the squad before strengthening continuously. That's 6 players out the door by my count and only a want away MGW back in return.

Giles was supposed to be looked at this year yet he's out on loan before players have even returned to first team training, not saying he's the answer but this is getting a bit silly now, not having players in early could really cost us points in the first few games and we actually have a really nice run to start!

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These clowns would have let Neto go after one season. One thing about Nuno: he had faith in his players when they showed potential and positive attitude-how often did he play Jota when out of form, for example? He brought on players. Now we have Lage, who's supposed to bring on youth, yet who's allowing/supporting Fabio, who has the clear potential to be outstanding for us, leave, and is keeping Hwang, bloody awful, and Raul, no longer a goalscorer, sadly. Even if we bring in a top striker we should have kept Fabio and shipped out the others. as Tring said, the very least is that we should extend his contract, if there are only 2 years remaining.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
Should be a good move for him providing he gets decent playing time. Hopefully it means someone is sorted, even if on loan, to come in and compete for this season

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good move for him with European football on the cards as well. Bang in some goals and will be well away.

Hiwvwer the caveat is we are again weakening without incoming's, I would like to think this decision has been made due to deals incoming rather than a loan now find solution after.
Just signed Hwang and Bonatini /Cutrone returned, a wealth of strikers with Raul. ;)

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Loaning out kids makes sense. If he'd some through the reserves it would be a superb move. But when he cost £35m it's hard not to see it as a massive, massive recruitment failure. If he doesn't score a ton of goals what next?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Far too late. Should have done it last season.

Happy they've accepted this now.

I really like Fabio but he needs to play games. I'd argue that the Championship stands him in better stead for developing at Wolves, but Anderlecht is a v big club and will have European football. The Belgian league is weak though

@CelebrityWolf gives a perfect analysis of the Silva deal. Even if we sell him for 100 mill, it's been a big mistake from Wolves. We couldn't afford to take the risk when we did

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Make or break for him as a Wolves player I feel. Hopefully he has a good season and shows some of the potential that made us fork out so much money.

Sidaway

Reaction score
In before the mods go mad about having another Fabio thread when there's already one live and kicking lol

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We've surely got a striker incoming, they won't go with just Raul and Hwang as back up 9.........Will we? I'm not entertaining the thought of Cuttone or Bonatini.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was hoping he'd have an impact for us this season, but good as long as he plays and we get 2 strikers in (we already needed one!)...

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sensible move if it happens.
Unfirtunately, I think that this is the end for Fabio with us. Hopefully he has a good season and we get 15-20 mil back.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully has a great season gets him confidence at first team level to come back and do well with us rather than him going down the rafa mir route of ditching us once he finally comes good.

It could also perhaps have something to do with Lage, there were rumours he was one of the youngsters like Hoever he was frustrated with and they are using it as a wake up call.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A season playing regularly is what he needs unfortunately. Look how much good it did for MGW. It's going to protect our investment in the long run but obviously leaves us short in the short term. I assume we have someone lined up to come in if we've done this.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should have loaned him out in January when it became clear that Bruno was going to persevere with Raul no matter what. It would have given him a good half season to get some experience under his belt and come back ready to challenge.

Back
Top Bottom