Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ruben Neves

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best display in a Wolves shirt I reckon, hopefully he'll still be here next week.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope he believes in the manager and the project still because he’s way too good to be playing for us

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today Ruben gave the most complete all round midfield performance that I have seen for many a long day, Interceptions, Tackles, Headers, Blocks, Passes short and Long, Topped off by another Ruben special he was everywhere so much so that I had to check if we had 2 No8,s on at one stage in the game, long may he stay in a Wolves shirt its a pleasure and a privilege to watch him play, has to be worth a minimum of £60 Million of any Teams money.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to the Express this morning we've told Liverpool we'll need £100m if we're to sell him this week so hopefully that keeps teams away.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely fantastic today we really really need to keep hold of him.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today Ruben gave the most complete all round midfield performance that I have seen for many a long day, Interceptions, Tackles, Headers, Blocks, Passes short and Long, Topped off by another Ruben special he was everywhere so much so that I had to check if we had 2 No8,s on at one stage in the game, long may he stay in a Wolves shirt its a pleasure and a privilege to watch him play, has to be worth a minimum of £60 Million of any Teams money.

60 million ??? You can double that!

T

TheConcourse

What a day to put in that level of performance, right at the end of a window where Liverpool are desperate for a CM. I’ve got a bad feeling.

Neves doesn’t deserve to play in a team that’s set up like this.

He cut Liverpool apart at Anfield time and time again when we had some forward runners last season.

He showed again today, and at Leeds, that his range of passing when people are willing to run is absolutely frightening in transition.

Put him in a team with actual forwards - not wingers who are doubling up as full backs - and he’d run riot.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruben has been the best player on the pitch in all four of our league games
Been following Wolves for over 50 years and IMO he has been our best midfield player I have ever seen in a Wolves shirt in that time
Awesome all round performance again today
For him to still be with us is amazing

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There were times under Nuno towards the end where I thought that Neves had lost it but yesterday was quite probably the most complete midfield performance I have ever seen by anybody.He was awesome, and I just hope that no other club was watching!

northy

Reaction score

Just to add to this:
Deal on the table, he’s expected to sign. A few more details need to be ironed out, and seeing out the transfer window was always part of the plan for both club and player. He’ll become the highest paid player at the club, no clue on length of contract though. Perhaps 2026 or 2027, with the latter making more sense. Also no idea about a release clause, but believe there is a gentleman’s agreement (as there has always been) to not hold Ruben back if he wants to go. Being club captain also part of the contract.
Two clubs had solid interest in Neves over the summer, Manchester United and Barca, both were priced out of a move and it didn’t even reach the offer stage, they just flat out refused to negotiate. Arsenal, Liverpool and a couple of other European clubs interested, but no enquiry made.
Wolves fully expected and planned for Neves to leave at the start of the summer, when it was clear the ambition wasn’t really there. Obviously since then, something has clicked with Guo and the rest of FOSUN, and Wolves suddenly have a bit of pull again.
FOSUN see Neves as incredibly marketable, especially with the World Cup coming up. It was both a business and footballing decision to get him tied down to a lengthy contract.
Neves was 50/50 about leaving the club, he didn’t want to move his young family but also wanted to be playing CL football. He loves the club and the city, and is incredibly appreciative of how loyal the club and fans have been to him.

Personal thoughts:
How the **** have you managed this seriously? How? Signing Nunes was huge in this.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Watching him around the dressing room and the warm-up on Saturday, I was taken aback by just how focused and driven he is in terms of setting high standards. Was forcefully complaining about something not being quite right in the warm-up and how he wanted it changed. He is absolutely setting the tone and example as Captain.

Seeing his emotion at winning as he came off at the final whistle was fantastic as well.

I have absolutely no doubt that he genuinely means it when he says that he is in love with this club.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching him around the dressing room and the warm-up on Saturday, I was taken aback by just how focused and driven he is in terms of setting high standards. Was forcefully complaining about something not being quite right in the warm-up and how he wanted it changed. He is absolutely setting the tone and example as Captain.

Seeing his emotion at winning as he came off at the final whistle was fantastic as well.

I have absolutely no doubt that he genuinely means it when he says that he is in love with this club.
An absolute professional. We are privileged to have him.

Edited to add: A genuinely nice guy too.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would it be fair to say, and I’m just putting it out there….the best Wolves player ever, all things considered?

Not a statement. Just a suggestion?

Back
Top Bottom