Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ruben Neves

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yep, wouldn’t have missed the birth of my daughter for work (and the fact he earns a lot more money than me is irrelevant in my view).

true, but isn't his missus in portugal? it's their choice to miss birth completely

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Slightly harsh. They wanted to use the same doctor from the birth of their first child as there was complications i believe.
i didn't mean it to be harsh and it's understandable that's their wish. but also think majority players taken this option at present would miss the birth!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, wouldn’t have missed the birth of my daughter for work (and the fact he earns a lot more money than me is irrelevant in my view).
Its his 3rd, once youve seen one thats enough.

I joke of course, fair play to him as many other players would have gone.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He probably went into Nuno office and said that he wasn’t sure that he could cope with all of the screaming, the shouting and the endless dribble and wet nappies.

Nuno: “ Well I did tell you to stop reading The Mix on match day!”

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
true, but isn't his missus in portugal? it's their choice to miss birth completely
Apparently they wanted the same doctor from their first child’s birth due to complications.

He said in the video that when they originally planned it he’d expected to be able to travel over for the birth but with how things have worsened if he’d gone he would have had to miss several games because of quarantine rules so decided to stay so that he was available for the team.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't Aubameyang go home for a domestic issue and miss some games? Could Neves not gone back for the birth or did Covid forbid it?

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't Aubameyang go home for a domestic issue and miss some games? Could Neves not gone back for the birth or did Covid forbid it?
He could of but would have had to isolate on his return.

D

Deleted member 11332

I'd have gone with her if I was him tbh. **** the games I'd miss. Fair play to him for missing it but nothing more important to me.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would have missed a number of games... so decided to stay

Benny78

Reaction score
Amazing so many are calling him a top bloke cause he chose Wolves over family. We really are a deluded bunch aren’t we!

Football ain’t that important...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had he have gone he would have struggled to come back. I'm not sure, with the restrictions, that there would be any direct flights. If he did get back he'd have had to isolate for 10 days.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had he have gone he would have struggled to come back. I'm not sure, with the restrictions, that there would be any direct flights. If he did get back he'd have had to isolate for 10 days.

And if had gone, how close would he have been able to get to them? Without risk to them or himself?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The average wage for a PL player is £50,000 a week.......52 weeks.

At that price, certain priorities and commitments are expected . It’s understood.

D

Deleted member 6206

Just watched a compilation of his goals and wonder what happened to the feeling of excitement whenever he lined up for a free kick. Really miss those times not sure why he lost his knack of scoring wonder goals

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The average wage for a PL player is £50,000 a week.......52 weeks.

At that price, certain priorities and commitments are expected . It’s understood.

He’s an employee like anyone else and has rights like anyone else working for the club. No doubt he even has a contract of employment like everyone else. If he had wanted to be at the birth the club would no doubt have agreed irrespective of his wage.

What about cricketers who miss test matches to be at the birth of their children? That happens all the time and they are well paid!

Ruben is a class act.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s an employee like anyone else and has rights like anyone else working for the club. No doubt he even has a contract of employment like everyone else. If he had wanted to be at the birth the club would no doubt have agreed irrespective of his wage.

What about cricketers who miss test matches to be at the birth of their children? That happens all the time and they are well paid!

Ruben is a class act.
I’m NOT denying his rights.....just saying that the higher the responsibility incurred, the higher the decisions are expected.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m NOT denying his rights.....just saying that the higher the responsibility incurred, the higher the decisions are expected.
Expected from who? Not from me. If Ruben had wanted to be at the birth which he and his partner understandably wanted to move to Portugal then I wouldn’t have expected him to stay even if it meant missing a handful of games. The fact that he stayed in the country especially at the moment is admirable but certainly not expected.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So do you expect players to play when a close family member passes away? Are you saying that would be expected as well?

As a big Wolves fan there are times when I totally understand reasons why our players miss football matches. Rubens wife giving birth in another country, after having complications with the birth of their first would have been one of them.

Sorry VW but I have to disagree with your comments on this one.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So do you expect players to play when a close family member passes away? Are you saying that would be expected as well?

As a big Wolves fan there are times when I totally understand reasons why our players miss football matches. Rubens wife giving birth in another country, after having complications with the birth of their first would have been one of them.

Sorry VW but I have to disagree with your comments on this one.
Re your first para, massive respect to Max Kilman for doing exactly that. Then when he did take time out people criticised Nuno for "dropping" him...

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched a compilation of his goals and wonder what happened to the feeling of excitement whenever he lined up for a free kick. Really miss those times not sure why he lost his knack of scoring wonder goals
Very close against Everton (as well as scoring), his free kick hit the post and he wasn't far off with an effort that would have out done his Derby goal in my opinion. Personally felt he'd gone that long without scoring he was trying too hard to be too powerful and too precise, a few goals recently (albeit two from the penalty spot), and finding good form again, we're due a couple of Neves blockbusters

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Expected from who? Not from me. If Ruben had wanted to be at the birth which he and his partner understandably wanted to move to Portugal then I wouldn’t have expected him to stay even if it meant missing a handful of games. The fact that he stayed in the country especially at the moment is admirable but certainly not expected.
Without knowing all of the personal details, I see the situation as Ruben doing the right thing for himself, his family and his employer. To have traveled to Portugal would have exposed himself to risk of infection and therefore risk of bringing that infection to his family. It would have been selfish of him to have disregarded the risks and traveled anyway. We're in a pandemic, it's not normal times, and we all have to make decisions that are different currently.

And, no it's nothing to do with how much money he's earning, and yes he's a top man (not just) for making the correct decision.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without knowing all of the personal details, I see the situation as Ruben doing the right thing for himself, his family and his employer. To have traveled to Portugal would have exposed himself to risk of infection and therefore risk of bringing that infection to his family. It would have been selfish of him to have disregarded the risks and traveled anyway. We're in a pandemic, it's not normal times, and we all have to make decisions that are different currently.

And, no it's nothing to do with how much money he's earning, and yes he's a top man (not just) for making the correct decision.
Oh, I'm sure there were multiple factors in his decision (especially in these crazy times), I was only coming at it from the "expectation" point of view - surely no Wolves fan would have seriously held missing a handful of games against him

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh, I'm sure there were multiple factors in his decision (especially in these crazy times), I was only coming at it from the "expectation" point of view - surely no Wolves fan would have seriously held missing a handful of games against him
Agreed mate, I wouldn't have held it against him either. In my opinion, it's another example of his maturity.

Back
Top Bottom