Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ruben Neves

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He makes the squads consistently but isn't a consistent starter, that's his big issue at the moment.

So does he take the risk? I'd rather go and play a few games than not go at all!

R

reanswolf

This really depends on what the question is.

A) Is there potential that a club in better shape than United will come along? Potentially..

B) Who would he pick out of Wolves v United.. I think the answer is obvious.

If it’s the former then it’s a decision Neves would have to make to hold firm. Nobody has come along yet which suggests he isn’t a priority for other teams. Would he pass up the chance to go to one of the biggest football clubs in the world football because they’re on a bad run knowing that other teams haven’t broken their neck to get him? I don’t think so.
Of course it depends which United you mean?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

So does he take the risk? I'd rather go and play a few games than not go at all!
I think he makes squad either way, I think United are looking at other targets first but they could come in for him as the backup option. This late in the window we demand £80M though, don't care what he is worth you rip their eyes out over it. We know how desperate they'd be. Maybe even grab Garner as well whilst we are at it.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hope this does not mean they come in for Neves. I also hope that it means that top players are telling ManUre to F Off, even if wages are the public excuse!

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would rather we balance the books selling Neto, than Neves, personally. Just as we might get Moutinho/Neves & Nunes in MF - we can’t afford to muck it up now. Guedes can do Neto’s job.

Sell Traore (contract reasons) and MGW if needs be and buy a top quality forward. That’s my dream.

Happy if MGW stays, though.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would rather we balance the books selling Neto, than Neves, personally. Just as we might get Moutinho/Neves & Nunes in MF - we can’t afford to muck it up now. Guedes can do Neto’s job.

Sell Traore (contract reasons) and MGW if needs be and buy a top quality forward. That’s my dream.

Happy if MGW stays, though.
We still have a small squad of PL ready/ experienced players. I can see why we may sell Traore but beyond that it’s fringe players only who should be available for sale or loaned.

MelbourneWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Do you think Neves has been sold the dream again? Guedes, Nunes and quality striker, you will get the captain's armband and take us to the promised land?

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
27% off everything in the megastore today/tomorrow…

Neves 2027?

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Complete click bait for Man U and Arsenal fans only for them to be told that Neves is going nowhere and we’ve picked up the perfect midfielder. Talk about rubbing it in.

Last edited:

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
Complete click bait for Man U and Arsenal fans only for them to be told that Neves is going nowhere and we’ve picked up the perfect midfielder. Talk about running it in.
I’m not sure life could get much better.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know that some on here see me as negative and repetitive etc but this is a massive positive to me. The guy in the thread title. A club legend and clear he loves the club, you only have to look at his social media post today. Captain for this season and I reckon will sign a new contract soon. Very good on Saturday as well. The heartbeat of our club. An honour to have him as our captain and player in central midfield.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely a modern legend, as too Coady, but the only reason we haven't sold him years ago is because one of the bigger clubs never made a proper move for him, if they do over the next 10 days he'll be gone. Everything is crossed it doesn't happen - and it doesn't look like any one is making a push but anything can change as we approach deadline day - and he signs the new contract and sticks around for years to come :cool:

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well said Jos

It's not just a privilege to watch him play - the greatest wolves midfielder I've ever seen, but the way he has taken the club to his heart makes all the difference

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently most Man United fans dint think he’s very good, there again that proves something in its own right!!
United are hopeless right now.. I don’t think their fans even know what good looks like anymore

D

Deleted member (smith)

I thought I would just bump this up so we have enough Neves threads

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently most Man United fans dint think he’s very good, there again that proves something in its own right!!

That’s because he doesn’t play for a current champ league side, he is not going to cost them £100 mill and is not demanding at least £200,000 per week.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is still amazing. Wish his gree kick would have gone in, or that Nunes header went the other side of the post.

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
Read on a rumours site he is going to sign a 2 year extension which will be announced along with a third kit in the next few weeks. As I say rumours site so could be a load of pants.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruben is already a Wolves legend and the best player we have by a distance. I adore him.

But he was actually available to purchase, with offers fairly welcome, for the first time this summer, and nobody at all came knocking.

He is a glorious footballer but there is clearly something the 'big' boys aren't fancying at the moment.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruben is already a Wolves legend and the best player we have by a distance. I adore him.

But he was actually available to purchase, with offers fairly welcome, for the first time this summer, and nobody at all came knocking.

He is a glorious footballer but there is clearly something the 'big' boys aren't fancying at the moment.

The fact we wanted £45m+ allegedly.

Next summer they get him for £20m, maybe less, with another years experience under his belt.

Other than Man United I don’t think any of the top 6 are desperate for a midfielder this summer, so they’ll just wait.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Next summer they get him for £20m, maybe less, with another years experience under his belt.

Other than Man United I don’t think any of the top 6 are desperate for a midfielder this summer, so they’ll just wait.
Why will they get him for £20mill? He's gonna sign a contract extension. ;-)

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I mean City, Spurs and United all signed CMs this summer.

He hasn't proven he can unlock teams when we dominate the ball yet, and if you just want a high workrate ball winner you are going to pick Phillips/Bissouma/Casemiro over him all day.

Back
Top Bottom