Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ruben Neves

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean City, Spurs and United all signed CMs this summer.

He hasn't proven he can unlock teams when we dominate the ball yet, and if you just want a high workrate ball winner you are going to pick Phillips/Bissouma/Casemiro over him all day.

Perhaps I wasn’t clear enough in my post though. None of the top 6, apart from United, seemingly wanted a ball playing central midfielder.

Next summer, they can add him to their squad for half the price.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Ruben is already a Wolves legend and the best player we have by a distance. I adore him.

But he was actually available to purchase, with offers fairly welcome, for the first time this summer, and nobody at all came knocking.

He is a glorious footballer but there is clearly something the 'big' boys aren't fancying at the moment.
Actually what happened:

His move to Utd was a done deal.

Wolves persuaded him to stay and promised 3 quality players.

He will sign a 2 year extension but failing to reach CL which is highly likely will leave next season :(

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fact is……nobody knows ….

how many clubs did or did not reach out to Wolves
or
if Neves was tempted by any offers
or
offering clubs wouldn’t agree to his personal terms
or
were clubs not offering enough

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually what happened:

He will sign a 2 year extension but failing to reach CL which is highly likely will leave next season :(
I really don't know how you would know all this? Not too sure about CL but I'm sure we do need Europe next season to keep him.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually what happened:

Any more robust than previous itk stuff you've shared?

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact we wanted £45m+ allegedly.

Next summer they get him for £20m…

Is this still the Ruben Neves thread or have I somehow fallen into alternate dimension of fantasy and wonder?
Do people read their nonsense before posting?
How can you call something ‘fact’ and say ‘allegedly’ in the same sentence?
…and don’t even get me started on the valuations :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: Truly Bonkers!!!!

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this still the Ruben Neves thread or have I somehow fallen into alternate dimension of fantasy and wonder?
Do people read their nonsense before posting?
How can you call something ‘fact’ and say ‘allegedly’ in the same sentence?
…and don’t even get me started on the valuations :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: Truly Bonkers!!!!

Woah! Talk about taking a post on a forum a bit too literally.

Apologies for not perfecting my use of words whilst posting at work.

The consensus from the articles I’ve read online seemed to suggest roughly £45m, based on some scaremongering articles suggesting as low as £25m, whilst others suggesting £65m. So I approximately split the difference.

Whatever the figure the club had in mind (assuming they did have one), it’s not complete guess work to suggest that you can probably half that next summer if he doesn’t sign a new contract between now and then.

But once again, please accept my sincere apologies for posting speculation on a football forum, and my use of the word fact and allegedly in the same post.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am absolutely astounded he’s still here.

Whether that’s because other Prem clubs are completely blind to his talents, or Jeff has pulled a blinder and convinced him to stay….. I’m just glad we get to see him for another season.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Woke up happy and excited for tomorrow’s game….now worried whether Neves is playing or will still be here. Hopefully so!

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
Actually what happened:

I don't see a world where any united deal is done without sky making a documentary about it, with weeks worth if trailers and updates from the stooges every minute.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness he doesn't get into City :joycat:
His stats compare favourably to Rodri
I mean City, Spurs and United all signed CMs this summer.

He hasn't proven he can unlock teams when we dominate the ball yet, and if you just want a high workrate ball winner you are going to pick Phillips/Bissouma/Casemiro over him all day.
Different player in fairness

R

reanswolf

Love the man. Great to see him with 2 quality midfielders beside him on Saturday.. it felt like he suddenly had more space again.
Exactly.

He would thrive with quality around him.

It’s never been about scapegoating Donk for me, just failing to make the most of the best midfield talent we have had in my lifetime.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly.

He would thrive with quality around him.

It’s never been about scapegoating Donk for me, just failing to make the most of the best midfield talent we have had in my lifetime.
On your last point, it is certainly how it came across, but more than understand your overall point for sure.

Donk will never be a favourite here, but I appreciate his versatility and energy.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The consensus from the articles I’ve read online seemed to suggest roughly £45m, based on some scaremongering articles suggesting as low as £25m, whilst others suggesting £65m. So I approximately split the difference.

Whatever the figure the club had in mind (assuming they did have one), it’s not complete guess work to suggest that you can probably half that next summer if he doesn’t sign a new contract between now and then.

But once again, please accept my sincere apologies for posting speculation on a football forum, and my use of the word fact and allegedly in the same post.
No problem at all with speculation,and your right no one knows the details
Saying you can halve an already low valuation next year is probably stretching the "facts" to extremes though
I think the more realistic scenario is a deal is already in place with Barca for next season

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Neves available??
Every player is available at the right price. I don’t see it happening as Uncle Jorge is distracted with Ronnie but did any of us seeing Jota going when he did so anything is possible.

Personally hope not and so far he is only mentioned alongside others speculatively.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm more bothered that you post at work.......

R

reanswolf

On your last point, it is certainly how it came across, but more than understand your overall point for sure.

Donk will never be a favourite here, but I appreciate his versatility and energy.
Well that’s probably how some/ many interpret it because after regular substandard performances I would make the point again.

As Flump and his cohorts will eagerly point out, I have a habit for repetition :)-.

I would never turn on a Wolves player at a game, but I think it is fair to highlight what you think on a forum.

People wouldn’t settle for an average player in defence or attack, and it should be the same expectation in midfield if we hope to thrive. Sorry but last season he was poor fairly consistently.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can believe Neves is on a list of players who Liverpool like, but he plays in the same position as Fabinho so I don't see Neves going to Liverpool anytime soon. Fabinho is still only 28 and arguably the best defensive midfielder in the Premier League. I would imagine Liverpool will be looking for a long-term replacement for Milner/Henderson/etc. I bet they wish they had gone in for Nunes when they had the chance. I'm not that worried about it.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can believe Neves is on a list of players who Liverpool like, but he plays in the same position as Fabinho so I don't see Neves going to Liverpool anytime soon. Fabinho is still only 28 and arguably the best defensive midfielder in the Premier League. I would imagine Liverpool will be looking for a long-term replacement for Milner/Henderson/etc. I bet they wish they had gone in for Nunes when they had the chance. I'm not that worried about it.
Dont mention Nunes ! Pants will start to dampen.
Has a player ever moved twice in the same window ? Oh dear . Oh dear .

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How about a new contract for Ruben. 2 year extension, a nice pay increase, and his value remains high with a gentleman’s agreement he can go to a really big boy (not Man U) if they come knocking.

If he doesn’t go in the next few days I think this will happen.

T

TheConcourse

It’s just the timing isn’t it? It’s an absolute disaster at this stage. Would be really ****ed off with Liverpool and Neves if they got this deal pushed through a few days before the window closes.

Lots of noise on Twitter means **** all in reality. There’s a picture of his sister at Liverpool airport - taken 3 years ago. Despise the scousers.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As others have said, nothing like the player they need.
They have a top class pure DM, same for deep lying playmaker in Thiago…but then no quality box to box. Should have bought Nunes, glad they didn’t.

Even for a massive club with champions league expectations, wouldn’t expect Neves to settle for being a rotation option, unless they’d expect him to stand in for either of Thiago or Fabinho…which in another 50-60 game season, could present a lot of games.

Damn I’ve talked myself into being marginally more worried than when started this ramble.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Laimer and Neves are completely different players? Are they signing two then.

T

TheConcourse

As others have said, nothing like the player they need.
They have a top class pure DM, same for deep lying playmaker in Thiago…but then no quality box to box. Should have bought Nunes, glad they didn’t.

Even for a massive club with champions league expectations, wouldn’t expect Neves to settle for being a rotation option, unless they’d expect him to stand in for either of Thiago or Fabinho…which in another 50-60 game season, could present a lot of games.

Damn I’ve talked myself into being marginally more worried than when started this ramble.
I stopped panicking until I got to your last sentence.. ****.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been available all summer but nobody has come knocking. Been touted about though. But no idea how much for.
Think he might be less available now than he was a month ago, especially considering we moved MGW on for good money. As others have said though, doesn't really fit with the kind of midfielder Liverpool need, seems a bit of lazy 'journalism' to me

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was on the team coach today, so I presume he's playing. If he was off, then I doubt he would be there so close to a move.

Back
Top Bottom