Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pre season friendlies

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Odds on top half?

Right, take the big six out of it. West Ham are undoubtedly better, Newcastle obviously piling on and Leicester so thats tenth. We will be in a battle with Palace, Villa and Brighton and Brentford for 10th -13th i suspect. That is assuming we actually do add quality at some stage.
I agree. Trouble is that’s probably priced into Fosun’s economics for Wolves. Finish mid table, balance the books, and grow commercial income faster than effective inflation for the club. Keep doing that season on season until someone offers a decent amount to buy out some or all of Fosun’s interest.

EdinburghWolf

Reaction score
Bueno is one player of like to see more of in the first team,Every time I've sin him I've bin impressed.
And this is it. We should never be recruiting “first team ready” players. We should be finding very promising young players, giving them a couple of years to learn our style and their teammates and then bringing them into the first team when they are known quantities. Bueno, Yerson, Chiquinho great examples of how to do it.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Solid win, always good to win convincingly no matter the opposition.

Just to make sure I don’t miss out an opportunity to dig out the club :p anybody else notice that (again) we seem to be have different colour socks to the shirt?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry. Just realised sarkic did play. No Adama today?

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And this is it. We should never be recruiting “first team ready” players. We should be finding very promising young players, giving them a couple of years to learn our style and their teammates and then bringing them into the first team when they are known quantities. Bueno, Yerson, Chiquinho great examples of how to do it.
Fear Yerson is a donkey. Hope I am wrong because doesnt look like we'll be signing any defenders.

The other two look decent prospects.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slate is wiped clean in pre-season.So all they can do is prove to Bruno they could do a job for him.They need to get there heads down and work hard to impress him.Same goes for Coady,he needs to show Bruno he can play in a back 4,

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really hope we are going four at the back. Mgw in an attacking midfield role in front of neves and moutinho interests me.
Yes. Came on to post this.

5atb has served us well but it's time to have a proper go at this. Not like we did under Nuno - changing every week - but an actual game plan to which we have trained.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same guy who was giving updates from the match.

Given he said he didn’t know who scored the first goal or the line up beyond the defence, not sure how true this is but it’s the best we’ve got

View attachment 28814
He’s just added Coady and Campbell to the players in the second half list
Luke Cundle and Jordao also played

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
O
Slate is wiped clean in pre-season.So all they can do is prove to Bruno they could do a job for him.They need to get there heads down and work hard to impress him.Same goes for Coady,he needs to show Bruno he can play in a back 4,
Ouch!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah so that's who passed to Cutrone I was wondering who that was.

Bueno was good a year ago, but he has become seriously impressive over this last season. He definitely has something that stands out for one so young - similar to watching Neto or Jota when they were 19, can just tell this player could go far. He's a genuine wing back who is tearing defences apart at his current level. He needs first team football ASAP, definitely ready to burst on to the scene and make a big impact.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bueno looking good there, truly believe he'll be overtaking RAN in that position as time goes on and if opportunity arises.

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Back 4 for the entire 90 mins has to be news doesn't it? When you add in Jonny and Ait-Nouri were the starting fullbacks that's a high possession approach - I'm getting excited, stick to your guns Bruno, don't pull back.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Apparently Chiquinho has done his ACL in today's friendly. Awful news if confirmed. High hopes for him this season.
Seems unlikely that they would know it was an ACL so quickly afterwards usually it takes a day or two to do scans etc.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Seems unlikely that they would know it was an ACL so quickly afterwards usually it takes a day or two to do scans etc.
After having done a double ACL myself you pretty much know instantly if you have done your ACL it’s nothing like sprain or doing your cartilage at all.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Apparently Chiquinho has done his ACL in today's friendly. Awful news if confirmed. High hopes for him this season.
This pre season just keeps getting better and better if true. It’s a good job we have plenty of strength in depth to compensate for any injuries that we never get.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
We have been so unlucky with knee injuries over the last couple of seasons. Here’s hoping it’s similar to the Neves situation where it turned out to be an MCL and he was back in weeks rather than missing the season.
Let’s hope so. I think this guys gonna be a bit of a secret weapon for us this season, hope it’s not as serious as that Instagram post suggests.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus Christ…..

We finally beat Burnley and still lose!! I am gutted for the lad, he has all the potential and I think he was going to have a massive season for us. You can see just how much he wants to play every time he has pulled the shirt on.

Genuinely gutted for the lad.

Fosun will need to do something now if it is that serious!!!!!

JH1902

Groupie
Reaction score
Injury not specified other than ‘serious injury’, but this is from Chiquinhos agent….

Speedy recovery young man

View attachment 28816

His agency themselves posted it.
EB48FDFE-EE5A-4BFD-98E6-E26C24AE809A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom