Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pre season friendlies

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't see why we can't play 4-3-3 against the mid-lower teams and 5-3-2 against the cartel clubs. Hopefully the lad in the bush has it right
Hopefully the lad in the bush has it right....things i never thought i see/hear today...oh how desp we have gotten for rumours and gossip

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love the 4-3-3.......it's the future......I love coady but he has to go out of back 3...we have too much attacking flair to restrict it with the system...(Gibbs podence Neto Raul chiquhino traore hwang corbeanu Campbell)

Obviously we would all love a big signing at centre back but have we got the options n cover to make a back 4 work......3 to cover (yerson coady toti)......a defensive back 4 could also see toti left back, Jonny right...full out attack with semedo rayan..

Chuck an almeida and Ramos in we could make this work......

My only concern is have we missed a trick , not selling coady and replacing him with palhinha, as a proper anchor man.....

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha ha and the conspiracy theorists had MGW not there and Cutrone wearing his old shirt number!!!!!
MGW was wearing 18 so Cutrone could have been wearing his old 17.

Love the 4-3-3.......it's the future......I love coady but he has to go out of back 3...we have too much attacking flair to restrict it with the system...(Gibbs podence Neto Raul chiquhino traore hwang corbeanu Campbell)

Obviously we would all love a big signing at centre back but have we got the options n cover to make a back 4 work......3 to cover (yerson coady toti)......a defensive back 4 could also see toti left back, Jonny right...full out attack with semedo rayan..

Chuck an almeida and Ramos in we could make this work......

My only concern is have we missed a trick , not selling coady and replacing him with palhinha, as a proper anchor man.....
4-3-3 doesn’t allow for an extra forward compared to 3-4-3 so doesn’t get any more of the players you’ve mentioned in, unless MGW is playing as a 3rd CM.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW was wearing 18 so Cutrone could have been wearing his old 17.

4-3-3 doesn’t allow for an extra forward compared to 3-4-3 so doesn’t get any more of the players you’ve mentioned in, unless MGW is playing as a 3rd CM.
Just gives a bit of flexibility....1 sitter in midfield, 2 number 8s as such .... 2 midfielders nearer the forwards as apposed to expecting your wing backs to make the number up....

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just gives a bit of flexibility....1 sitter in midfield, 2 number 8s as such .... 2 midfielders nearer the forwards as apposed to expecting your wing backs to make the number up....
Two 8’s getting forward and two full backs instead of wingbacks doesn’t necessarily mean more getting forward though.

I’m just not sure 4-3-3 is a vastly more attacking formation. Obviously if your 3-4-3 is actually a 5-2-3 like ours becomes at times then it is, but not more so than a genuine 3-4-3.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Winning > losing

We have a really strong first eleven. If they stay fit, should be odds on to finish top half. Outside of that though, weak.
Odds on top half?

Right, take the big six out of it. West Ham are undoubtedly better, Newcastle obviously piling on and Leicester so thats tenth. We will be in a battle with Palace, Villa and Brighton and Brentford for 10th -13th i suspect. That is assuming we actually do add quality at some stage.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two 8’s getting forward and two full backs instead of wingbacks doesn’t necessarily mean more getting forward though.

I’m just not sure 4-3-3 is a vastly more attacking formation. Obviously if your 3-4-3 is actually a 5-2-3 like ours becomes at times then it is, but not more so than a genuine 3-4-3.
You are asking the wing backs to do too much for me, in the premier league...too much ground to cover...said before players such as rayan are expected to mark Salah and lead the attacks....no wonder he is knackered after 70 mins .. we are exposed in the middle as well....2 central midfielders are normally outnumbered.......the only other team who played 3-4-3 in the league is Chelsea....and nw they have buy and large ditched it ....

I agree that 3-4-3 can be just as attacking, but it's isn't working for us no more ....2 years with no goals is ringing alarm bells . It only suits 1 player coady .

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Odds on top half?

Right, take the big six out of it. West Ham are undoubtedly better, Newcastle obviously piling on and Leicester so thats tenth. We will be in a battle with Palace, Villa and Brighton and Brentford for 10th -13th i suspect. That is assuming we actually do add quality at some stage.
Yeah maybe 10th-13th is fair. Suspect Brentford will be below us and I always forget that Newcastle are Saudicastle now so another team that will buy their way clear

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
Odds on top half?

Get your positive pants on and stop being such a doom monger :)

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
bueno looked good in that cameo. better winning than losing

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah because pre season games are always a sign of things to come.
Well they are a good barometer of where a team is.

Also it shows the loosing rut and the malaise it caused in performances isn’t there and that is massive as the end of the season was very worrying!!!

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wish we knew what the team/ squad was today.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wish we knew what the team/ squad was today.
Same guy who was giving updates from the match.

Given he said he didn’t know who scored the first goal or the line up beyond the defence, not sure how true this is but it’s the best we’ve got

E9C27B8D-DD00-493C-9CAB-AD4FDBF043B7.jpeg
He’s just added Coady and Campbell to the players in the second half list

Back
Top Bottom