Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pre season friendlies

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently the preseason tour is Spain (was going to be Austria originally after the US thing fell through) but not everything has been finalised yet. Cutting it a bit fine! :grimacing:

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How about we do an eco staycation pre season tour and help out our lower league neighbours - Crewe, Shrewsbury. Walsall and Albion - then we could finish off being the Villa’s pre-season prestige home friendly - even though they keep on saying they they don’t care about us ;-)

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Apparently the preseason tour is Spain (was going to be Austria originally after the US thing fell through) but not everything has been finalised yet. Cutting it a bit fine! :grimacing:

Wasn’t to bad last year was it tbf

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
They had a whole schedule planned around the US tour but that got cancelled so they’re sorting out new stuff apparently.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No home pre-season friendly this season due to request from WMP as Commonwealth games are on.

Can't imagine a friendly against some mid-table Spanish side takes up that many resources but there you go.

Absolute joke!

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No home pre-season friendly this season due to request from WMP as Commonwealth games are on.

Can't imagine a friendly against some mid-table Spanish side takes up that many resources but there you go.
Bloody ridiculous!

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wow. Unbelievable Jeff. Really??

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard there wasn't gonna be a home friendly because the pitch is being done after the England game .....and timescale may rule it out......haven't heard about WMP and commenweath games...

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I rang the fan line yesterday and asked about the pre season tour but they told me nothing has been arranged to date

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I know all the police staff have had leave cancelled during the commonwealth games.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm hoping for a spanish or Portuguese tour, so I can take me lad.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think I'd prefer Portugal.A couple or three in close proximity would be fantastic.Tell me first Jeff so I can get it sorted.I'll send ya me phone number.Tar.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think I'd prefer Portugal.A couple or three in close proximity would be fantastic.Tell me first Jeff so I can get it sorted.I'll send ya me phone number.Tar.
10 days in lisbon would do us. Belenenses followed by benfica and sporting, get it done jeff...

Scouting whilst were there..

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
Following on from this if Albion have an agreement to play their 1st game away and then be at home the next weekend which is the start of the Premier season, bearing in mind we don't normally both play at home the same weekend, will this likely mean we have to be away 1st game of the season?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Following on from this if Albion have an agreement to play their 1st game away and then be at home the next weekend which is the start of the Premier season, bearing in mind we don't normally both play at home the same weekend, will this likely mean we have to be away 1st game of the season?
Or at least not play on the same day. One or both could be on the box anyway.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Common sense really when folk get to the different games venues and find out how **** they are, there will be riots I tell you.

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
Or at least not play on the same day. One or both could be on the box anyway.
They could possibly play different days I just thought they always tried to keep are games on different weekends and the TV games are not decided until after the fixtures come out so as much as we could both be on the box they can't really take that possibility into account.
Anyway It was more a curiosity from my point of view and we will know for sure next week.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind a cheeky Shrewsbury away friendly, some decent town that a good 2000 wolves can go and support their pub trade.....
Yup, or Hereford United, Kiddy or Worcester City. All are decent days out and a chance for us former occasional away fans to get on it again in a nice (or in Kiddy's case local) town.

I'm hoping we go for a French, German or low countries tour; Iberia is too hot for me in the summer!

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good old West Midlands Police!

I'm sure they would like more police colleagues so they can manage services better. If they've all had leave cancelled anyway, it suggests they are operating on a shoestring workforce and have not been able to make arrangements to borrow officers from other forces, probably due to budget constraints. Assumedly Wolves would pay for policing but the police just cannot cover it all.

Back
Top Bottom