Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody is going to offer what he offers though. He is one of the best if not the best in the world at beating players. Chiquinho looks a more well rounded player but I don't see him or anyone else for that matter offering the same sort of threat Adama does.
Nunes….. you not seen him on the break…..

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone should bury the hatchet and get a new contract done, in terms of squad and ambition, things have changed since this saga started…

Sign on for for another couple of years Adama, you never know, we might actually win something with this team.
He has to put to bed the mega contract he was angling for.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he's willing to wait and take a drop in wages he might but i dont think they want him. They had the money for a wide player and they spent it elsewhere after their try before you buy deal they took him on last time. I'm still astounded that nobody has made an offer for him. I genuinely think 8 to 10 million would secure him yet still nothing.
Thing is, everyone knows he's available and about how much he'll cost. I suspect he's a fallback option for a number of clubs, so will likely leave in the last few days of the window.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Come on Forest, you know you want him 20 mill should do it. (I’d actually like to to stay but it’s not happening).

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he goes then surely he needs to be replaced though? MGW gone and Chiquinho out for the season would leave us light on options on the bench in this area of the squad.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he goes then surely he needs to be replaced though? MGW gone and Chiquinho out for the season would leave us light on options on the bench in this area of the squad.

If playing 4-3-3, I don't think it leaves us light.

Guedes, Hwang, Neto, Podence. Only two will start when Raul is back and we (hopefully) bag a striker. Leaving two on the bench.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Before we get rid of him, can we start winning some games without him first?
I'm kinda bored of reading that we are better team without him, only to find that we clearly aren't. Maybe that will all change with Guedes. It sure as he'll isn't going to with MGW or Podence. If we are getting rid, we need another one in.
I think someone posted some detailed stats on him to prove/disprove this. If I remember, was something like we scored more goals with him on the pitch, but also conceded more and he most useful for us coming off the bench.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh yeah agree, that's why I'd much rather keep him than sell him for £10m.

Also agree with Chiquinho, in fairness, hardly anyone in world football is comparable to Adama in terms of beating players. I just meant he's similar in that he's a quick winger who seems as though he could be a huge the touchline, get crosses in type.
What £10m?
Is anybody offering that?
I wonder if any PL club will take him for free…….he’s too much of a risk.
They’ve all seen the game videos of him. They know all his stats.

Crickey……no interested club is not aware that he was quickly benched at Barca after Nuno and Bruno both did the same.
BTW……has Traore got any interest in just being an impact player? That can’t be an attractive idea to him at his age.

I feel for the guy.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What £10m?

Crickey……no interested club is not aware that he was quickly benched at Barca after Nuno and Bruno both did the same.
BTW……has Traore got any interest in just being an impact player? That can’t be an attractive idea to him at his age.

I feel for the guy.
To be fair he got benched due to Dembele deciding to be the player they paid £130m for. I don’t think anyone will buy him now but he’ll have no shortage of offers on a free. Imo the best thing he could do is sign a new contract with us and knuckle down.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interestingly podence has only 2 years left on his contract now. Should we sell if he doesn't sign a new contract? Which big clubs want to buy him if he's so good?
Why were we so bothered about him not signing a contract when this started 2 years ago?

There’s quite a few with question marks over their heads for me.

Podence, Raul and Dendoncker have 2 years left (1 year with a club option for Donk, so effectively 2).

Boly’s down to his last year like Traore and Moutinho. As is Semedo, but he has a 2 year club option which we are obviously going to take up given the fee we paid.

Then there’s Neves. 2 years left too. Rumours of a new deal, but if not, he’s never going to be worth more than now.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair he got benched due to Dembele deciding to be the player they paid £130m for. I don’t think anyone will buy him now but he’ll have no shortage of offers on a free. Imo the best thing he could do is sign a new contract with us and knuckle down.
I agree that the best thing for him would to sign a new contract with us……oh, yeah. Be great for him but it wouldn’t be for Wolves.
Just throwing good money after bad.
Anyway, I doubt Wolves will offer him anything.

BTW, you said Traore should knuckle down. Does that mean that he hasn’t knuckled down before? After 4 years with us is he capable of changing?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s quite a few with question marks over their heads for me.

Podence, Raul and Dendoncker have 2 years left (1 year with a club option for Donk, so effectively 2).

Boly’s down to his last year like Traore and Moutinho. As is Semedo, but he has a 2 year club option which we are obviously going to take up given the fee we paid.

Then there’s Neves. 2 years left too. Rumours of a new deal, but if not, he’s never going to be worth more than now.
I wonder if we sometimes over estimate the influence of being in the last year of a contract?
The value probably goes down fairly evenly over the 5 or so years, we sometimes assume it drops off a cliff in the last year. The crucial thing is having suitors that really want him.

D

Deleted member (smith)

I wonder if we sometimes over estimate the influence of being in the last year of a contract?
The value probably goes down fairly evenly over the 5 or so years, we sometimes assume it drops off a cliff in the last year. The crucial thing is having suitors that really want him.

Interesting point but complicated. The cost is amortized straight line as an accounting standard. But the fair market value will vary significantly based on performance, age, salary and length of contract. If the cost of a player is contract plus salary in a very real sense the value of the contract is salary the player left on the table. As you get to the last two years much more depends on performance and the approaching free….so it does fall quickly. If Gibbs white earns 1 million a year how could you turn down 35 million for the last two years of his contract…but I don’t know his salary cost and seems forest valued him more than wolves.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What £10m?

I feel for the guy.
He's worth far more than that on a >2yr contract. It's not that he's a 'risk', it's that you can pick him up for nowt if you hang on a bit. Also, let's not massage the truth about his time at Barca... he was doing very well then Dembele decided he'd start trying again; none of our current forwards would be able to compete with that.

That said (and I'm a massive fan) I think it's probably time he bobbed off. He's wasting his time and ours here.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting point but complicated. The cost is amortized straight line as an accounting standard. But the fair market value will vary significantly based on performance, age, salary and length of contract. If the cost of a player is contract plus salary in a very real sense the value of the contract is salary the player left on the table. As you get to the last two years much more depends on performance and the approaching free….so it does fall quickly. If Gibbs white earns 1 million a year how could you turn down 35 million for the last two years of his contract…but I don’t know his salary cost and seems forest valued him more than wolves.
Football valuations aren’t always logical!
Also I think I was replying to the subject of neves. So, if right now with 2 years on his contract we’re only getting tentative enquiries for £30-40m... IF next summer the basket case that is Man Utd realise that actually a player like neves is precisely what they need, not a flashy new version of scholes or Pogba, but actually a new Carrick... then I think they still pay as much despite his contract???

Barcelona might be playing a game with Traore’s contract situation but I bet that’s coz they’re not really too bothered if they get him or not.

Danger with mgw was even if he signed a new 5 year contract with us we might never get such a big bid for him.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree that the best thing for him would to sign a new contract with us……oh, yeah. Be great for him but it wouldn’t be for Wolves.
Just throwing good money after bad.
Anyway, I doubt Wolves will offer him anything.

BTW, you said Traore should knuckle down. Does that mean that he hasn’t knuckled down before? After 4 years with us is he capable of changing?
He’s an asset that can walk away next year for nothing so it’s well worth giving him another contract. I’m not saying he hasn’t knuckled down in the past more that it will be a new contract and we can all move on.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s an asset that can walk away next year for nothing so it’s well worth giving him another contract. I’m not saying he hasn’t knuckled down in the past more that it will be a new contract and we can all move on.
Wasn’t he offered a new contract a couple of years back ? If that contract was 20k a week more than he’s on now he’s lost just over 2m , only way he’s gaining that back is by seeing his contract out and going on a free …

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn’t he offered a new contract a couple of years back ? If that contract was 20k a week more than he’s on now he’s lost just over 2m , only way he’s gaining that back is by seeing his contract out and going on a free …
Yep I think he was really badly advised at the time and should really have signed a new contract.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I wouldn’t say it reduces equally, just because it’s a ticking clock to zero.

3 or 4 years left on a 5 year deal and you can demand a premium due to the extensive time left. 1 year left and the buying club can get away with offering a discounted rate, as the selling club knows they get nothing the year after.

So in effect, yes it would reduce proportionally, but with a premium or discount applied based on the remaining length!

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If playing 4-3-3, I don't think it leaves us light.

Guedes, Hwang, Neto, Podence. Only two will start when Raul is back and we (hopefully) bag a striker. Leaving two on the bench.

I wouldn't be suprised if the striker we are looking for can also play wide.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep I think he was really badly advised at the time and should really have signed a new contract.
He definitely should have, and I actually think would have, signed under Nuno.
He needs the right manager that truly believes in him.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, …he can walk away free. There’s been a problem with him for years as you well know……this is not new.
But here we are.

With nobody wanting him, ( as far as we know), he now is looking at the reality that he may be unemployed next season or earning lower wages in the Championship or wherever.

One would have to think or hope that maybe……just maybe, this time he’s motivated to perform somewhere.
Not sure how often Bruno plays him this year…..guess we’ll see.
Personally, I wouldn’t extend his contract for a week. No more soft financial cushions.
Time for him to fish or cut bait.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What £10m?

I feel for the guy.
He earns a shot tone of money to play football, every kids dream job and will get a sizeable sign on fee if he leaves next summer.

My heart isn’t close to bleeding for the guy.

He was offered a good contract for his ability and delivery in the sport, he took bad advice and created this situation for himself.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We may not know if any club is interested in him. Plenty may be but I imagine his wage demands are making him undesirable right now.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We may not know if any club is interested in him. Plenty may be but I imagine his wage demands are making him undesirable right now.
Probably not his wage demands now but all clubs know they can get him for nothing next season.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
Imagine if we didn’t already have him, and it was just announced that we’d signed him. We’d be ecstatic. Needs a clean start with us. An exciting player.

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine if we didn’t already have him, and it was just announced that we’d signed him. We’d be ecstatic. Needs a clean start with us. An exciting player.
I would be interested if he'd just had a barnstorming season at Boro and was coming in to our recently promoted side. Things have changed.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely this should have been done by now, the guy should be training on his own. Personally I have no idea why he has so much support on here but each to their own I guess. He’ll be at Blackburn or Sunderland next season, if he’s lucky.

Stick him to train on his own? Why? The players all like him as do a lot of the staff. That would be a dreadful idea as it would **** our players off for starters. No evidence whatsoever of him being any sort of problem either and Bruno clearly likes him or he wouldnt even have been on the bench last weekend.

D

Deleted member (smith)

I thin’k he should be on the bench against spurs and he should continue to be offered a new contract with a reasonable release clause , but sold for any reasonable offer.not long ago before Barca turend his head he was seen as one of our stars with talk of values over 50 million.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Not sure why there's all this hate for Adama. All he's done is not sign a new contract, which he's entitled to do. From everything we hear, he doesn't cause trouble, keeps his head down, and seems to be well liked within the squad. He also seems like an all round good guy.

Keene and Judah have explicitly said that he definitely had a hamstring injury, wasn't shirking and was working as hard as ever. He's not a bad influence in any way. He doesn't need bombing out or sent to train with the kids. Can't understand the mentality of some people who feel he needs to be punished. Why the urge and want to treat human beings badly?

FWIW, I also think he can still play a part this season if he stays.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah, true. But if we’d only signed him on a 1 year deal and he was off next summer, I wouldn’t want him playing ahead of any of the younger lads who are here long term.

Back
Top Bottom