Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure why there's all this hate for Adama. All he's done is not sign a new contract, which he's entitled to do. From everything we hear, he doesn't cause trouble, keeps his head down, and seems to be well liked within the squad. He also seems like an all round good guy.

Keene and Judah have explicitly said that he definitely had a hamstring injury, wasn't shirking and was working as hard as ever. He's not a bad influence in any way. He doesn't need bombing out or sent to train with the kids. Can't understand the mentality of some people who feel he needs to be punished. Why the urge and want to treat human beings badly?

FWIW, I also think he can still play a part this season if he stays.

Not sure it’s really hate. Simple fact is that by not signing a new contract when it was offered, it forced the club to start looking at selling him quite early in his contract and his market value has progressively declined since through a combination of his actions and the clubs handling of him.

That’s cost our club millions which could have been spent on strengthening the squad. It’s also meant that he’s not been considered as a long term part of the squad, and so he’s increasingly on the sidelines. That’s damaged his career in addition to reducing his market value.

Sure he was within his rights not to sign a new contract, but equally, his actions have impacted the club we love and his own career. So for me, I have no hatred, but I will be very happy to see the back of him. He’s a failed experiment, and at least part of that failure is down to his decision over his contract.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Stick him to train on his own? Why? The players all like him as do a lot of the staff. That would be a dreadful idea as it would **** our players off for starters. No evidence whatsoever of him being any sort of problem either and Bruno clearly likes him or he wouldnt even have been on the bench last weekend.
Nothing to do with who likes him and who doesn’t, I’ve nothing against him personally myself as far as that goes but he’s made it clear he doesn’t want to be here. Developmentally he has no future at Wolves so why not just cut to the chase?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Not sure it’s really hate. Simple fact is that by not signing a new contract when it was offered, it forced the club to start looking at selling him quite early in his contract and his market value has progressively declined since through a combination of his actions and the clubs handling of him.

That’s cost our club millions which could have been spent on strengthening the squad. It’s also meant that he’s not been considered as a long term part of the squad, and so he’s increasingly on the sidelines. That’s damaged his career in addition to reducing his market value.

Sure he was within his rights not to sign a new contract, but equally, his actions have impacted the club we love and his own career. So for me, I have no hatred, but I will be very happy to see the back of him. He’s a failed experiment, and at least part of that failure is down to his decision over his contract.
It's still unethical for to treat someone like that, regardless of how much money they are earning. As far as we all know he's turning up for work and doing his job. He came off the bench Saturday which is a sign that Bruno has no issue with his behaviour. You wouldn't get away with it in most other jobs, and just because someone is earning a lot of money it doesn't make them immune to the effects of being treated badly. if he was a bad influence, not training properly, or making himself unavailable for selection that would be another matter He's abiding by his contract and the club should abide by the contract too, which of course they are.

Edit - also he's a human being, not "a failed experiment." Good idea to not treat people like objects or use abstract descriptions for them, nevermind how much they earn.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stick him to train on his own? Why? The players all like him as do a lot of the staff. That would be a dreadful idea as it would **** our players off for starters. No evidence whatsoever of him being any sort of problem either and Bruno clearly likes him or he wouldnt even have been on the bench last weekend.
Agreed.
Plus, training on his own would be the last thing he needs….his confidence or ego, whatever must be a bit low right now.

Fuse

Reaction score
Why on earth would we put him to train on his own? As has been said, there's no hint that he's disruptive in any way, he's well liked and by all accounts is going about his business in the same professional way he has since the first day he signed.

Of course I'm frustrated that he hasn't signed a new contract with us, but do you know what he's perfectly entitled not to. It's no personal insult to the club or the fans, he has a contract which he's honouring, he just doesn't wish to extend that. It's frustrating as it means we potentially lose him for nothing in 12 months time, but that is absolutely his right to do so.

In the meantime this talk of bombing him out and training on his own is daft. He's an asset we paid for and continue to pay for via wages so we should use him and play him. We need to ensure we plan for his departure, but in the meantime I'm not sure which young players he's going to be blocking the development of exactly, maybe Chiquino but he's out long term with an injury anyway.

The talk of him struggling to find a new club as a free agent and maybe ending up in the Championship is daft as well. Tottenham wanted him and he got a move to Barcelona, that should tell you something. He'll have no shortage of suitors in 12 month time trust me, the guy is a unique talent. Whether any of those offers are financially worth more than the contract we offered him would be debatable, but he'll have plenty to choose from.

In the meantime, assuming we don't sell him, I'll look forward to one more season watching one of the most exciting players I've ever.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why on earth would we put him to train on his own? As has been said, there's no hint that he's disruptive in any way, he's well liked and by all accounts is going about his business in the same professional way he has since the first day he signed.

Of course I'm frustrated that he hasn't signed a new contract with us, but do you know what he's perfectly entitled not to. It's no personal insult to the club or the fans, he has a contract which he's honouring, he just doesn't wish to extend that. It's frustrating as it means we potentially lose him for nothing in 12 months time, but that is absolutely his right to do so.

In the meantime this talk of bombing him out and training on his own is daft. He's an asset we paid for and continue to pay for via wages so we should use him and play him. We need to ensure we plan for his departure, but in the meantime I'm not sure which young players he's going to be blocking the development of exactly, maybe Chiquino but he's out long term with an injury anyway.

The talk of him struggling to find a new club as a free agent and maybe ending up in the Championship is daft as well. Tottenham wanted him and he got a move to Barcelona, that should tell you something. He'll have no shortage of suitors in 12 month time trust me, the guy is a unique talent. Whether any of those offers are financially worth more than the contract we offered him would be debatable, but he'll have plenty to choose from.

In the meantime, assuming we don't sell him, I'll look forward to one more season watching one of the most exciting players I've ever.
Absolutely, as long as he has his unique athletic ability he will be sought after.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't be suprised if the striker we are looking for can also play wide.

Wide or behind a main striker. Don't want a situation where Fabio comes back on fire, Raul hits his form again and we have a 30m plus striker all for 1 place. Couple will be very unhappy

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's still unethical for to treat someone like that, regardless of how much money they are earning. As far as we all know he's turning up for work and doing his job. He came off the bench Saturday which is a sign that Bruno has no issue with his behaviour. You wouldn't get away with it in most other jobs, and just because someone is earning a lot of money it doesn't make them immune to the effects of being treated badly. if he was a bad influence, not training properly, or making himself unavailable for selection that would be another matter He's abiding by his contract and the club should abide by the contract too, which of course they are.

Edit - also he's a human being, not "a failed experiment." Good idea to not treat people like objects or use abstract descriptions for them, nevermind how much they earn.

I’d never treat a person as anything other than a human being. I’m not someone who ever liked the term HR when I worked. It’s an awful term which has no place in the modern workplace, and I’m saying that as someone who was pretty high up the management chain in my company. But in the context of a signing and squad, he can be an experiment. In that respect, he’s a failed experiment for the club.

Regards the contract. Well yes and no. People can work to the hours in their contract and then head home. If there is work to be done which needs to be finished that day, they have a legitimate choice. Leave after their x.x hours contracted hours, or be flexible and get the job done. You can’t fire someone for leaving having completed their contracted hours, but you can overlook them for promotion in favour of someone who “goes the extra mile”. It’s a slippery slope and as a manager I wouldn’t abuse those showing extra commitment, or those who have a legitimate need to leave “on time”, but equally I would recognise someone who did “go the extra mile”.

For me, Traore could have worked with the club to extend his contract, pocket a healthy pay rise, and yet trust the club to support him to realise his career at the club and beyond. It appears that instead of this, he sought to leverage his contract and apparent interest in the market. If so, the club was entirely in their rights to do the same and treat him like a player who didn’t “go the extra mile” for the club.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d never treat a person as anything other than a human being. I’m not someone who ever liked the term HR when I worked. It’s an awful term which has no place in the modern workplace, and I’m saying that as someone who was pretty high up the management chain in my company. But in the context of a signing and squad, he can be an experiment. In that respect, he’s a failed experiment for the club.

Regards the contract. Well yes and no. People can work to the hours in their contract and then head home. If there is work to be done which needs to be finished that day, they have a legitimate choice. Leave after their x.x hours contracted hours, or be flexible and get the job done. You can’t fire someone for leaving having completed their contracted hours, but you can overlook them for promotion in favour of someone who “goes the extra mile”. It’s a slippery slope and as a manager I wouldn’t abuse those showing extra commitment, or those who have a legitimate need to leave “on time”, but equally I would recognise someone who did “go the extra mile”.

For me, Traore could have worked with the club to extend his contract, pocket a healthy pay rise, and yet trust the club to support him to realise his career at the club and beyond. It appears that instead of this, he sought to leverage his contract and apparent interest in the market. If so, the club was entirely in their rights to do the same and treat him like a player who didn’t “go the extra mile” for the club.
That’s a very long winded way of saying he didn’t sign so **** him.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

I guess we don't know the details and that's why it's so hard to judge. We don't know if he's going the extra mile or doing the bare minimum (or somewhere in-between). Anyway, as we don't know, I don't see why we should advocate bombing him off.

Also, apologies, if I was a little offhand with you with regards to treating people as human beings, I know you're not a bad guy, so hopefully it didn't come across that way. Was just off the phone after a stressful conversation and it was more about that call than you!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess we don't know the details and that's why it's so hard to judge. We don't know if he's going the extra mile or doing the bare minimum (or somewhere in-between). Anyway, as we don't know, I don't see why we should advocate bombing him off.

Also, apologies, if I was a little offhand with you with regards to treating people as human beings, I know you're not a bad guy, so hopefully it didn't come across that way. Was just off the phone after a stressful conversation and it was more about that call than you!

No probs. Just wanted to explain that while I’m not sad to see Adama move on, it’s not because I’m some heartless *******! I actually think he’s probably a very decent person who works hard and wants to succeed. I advocated giving him a healthy contract uplift when the contract stuff started partly because he has/had potential, and partly for the club to secure his market value. For whatever reason that didn’t happen, so I think it’s time to move on for his and our benefit. I was perhaps a bit harsh in my prior comment to @Wolf316 but I was reacting to the “**** him” comment.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He earns a shot tone of money to play football, every kids dream job and will get a sizeable sign on fee if he leaves next summer.

My heart isn’t close to bleeding for the guy.

He was offered a good contract for his ability and delivery in the sport, he took bad advice and created this situation for himself.
Fair enough but let’s remember that he didn’t do anything wrong.

And we don’t know what advice he was given….good or bad.
All players try to maximize their income and want to play in the CL…perfectly normal if that was his aim.
We don’t know why he wouldn’t sign the contract Wolves offered him. ……We don’t know.
Was it a good and fair contract? …….We don’t know.
Did he ever say he wants to leave Wolves because he not happy with us?…..ever?

I do feel for the guy even if I want him off our payroll. But Wolves gave him 4 seasons to show his stuff……I don’t think we owe him anything more.
I genuinely wish him well and hope it all works out for him.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In reality, he's not even good enough to start for us anymore. Between him and Podence on the bench I'd rather see Podence come on.
Based on Podence's absolutely crap "performance" last week he should get 90mins worth of splinters up his ass at best.

Definitely this should have been done by now, the guy should be training on his own. Personally I have no idea why he has so much support on here but each to their own I guess. He’ll be at Blackburn or Sunderland next season, if he’s lucky.
I'll bet that he isn't.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thin’k he should be on the bench against spurs and he should continue to be offered a new contract with a reasonable release clause , but sold for any reasonable offer.not long ago before Barca turend his head he was seen as one of our stars with talk of values over 50 million.
Selling any player only happens if they accept the move.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not exactly, but frankly I have very little respect for him. He could have worked with the club but he chose to do his own thing. He made his bed and he can sleep in it.
Take that attitude at work and you will face at least one employment tribunal in your career.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough but let’s remember that he didn’t do anything wrong.

And we don’t know what advice he was given….good or bad.
All players try to maximize their income and want to play in the CL…perfectly normal if that was his aim.
We don’t know why he wouldn’t sign the contract Wolves offered him. ……We don’t know.
Was it a good and fair contract? …….We don’t know.
Did he ever say he wants to leave Wolves because he not happy with us?…..ever?

I do feel for the guy even if I want him off our payroll. But Wolves gave him 4 seasons to show his stuff……I don’t think we owe him anything more.
I genuinely wish him well and hope it all works out for him.
Didn’t say he did a thing wrong.

The labour market moves on people changing for more money, but sometimes you find your level and the only business willing to pay you more than your probably worth due to the value they see you having for them.

He took a shot, backed himself and it didn’t work, that is life and as I have said before I don’t blame him and I admired him having the balls to do the loan with reduced salary to make it happen. But the gamble didn’t work, again that’s life when you take a risk.

But he is on good money at a club where fans still love him and chant his name. He is still winning in life! He is a lovely bloke and popular guy at the club so he deserves the chance to slot back in and play for the shirt, but I feel no sympathy for him as he will be ok here and do very well when he walks away for free next summer.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked absolutely useless both times now. Soon as he comes on we lose any threat.

Just get him gone.
Hwang looked far more impactful and useful today and in his appearances this season.

But hwang is still going to get pelters and people pine for adama who frankly offers sweet F A in a team that is this technical and about movement.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked ok for his small contribution but I don't expect him to be here much longer.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked absolutely useless both times now. Soon as he comes on we lose any threat.

Just get him gone.
If you meant dendoncker today then yes (tho he's been ok last two games) but it you mean traore, absolutely wrong. Not vintage but did ok and pinned spurs back.

I just wish he'd sign a contract and focus.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Typical Traore showing.

With the ball at his feet, he can make something happen.

If the ball is anywhere else on the pitch he might as well be a paying spectator.

That's the issue, he looks great when he is dribbling. But as soon as it's time to pass , cross or shoot, anything could happen and it's normally shocking.

Off the ball, it's shocking!

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was standard Traore, overhit his crosses and slowed play down even more slowly than we were playing anyway, comparing him to Neto in this game is daft as well, Neto playing on his wrong side in some winger come wing back hybrid role that stifled him

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His body movement going at such pace really is exceptional. Offers us something completely different. Should start next game.

Back
Top Bottom