Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he looked more dangerous than Neto today. Wish we had played him a bit further forward.
Not even close……

Neto did lots of defensive work today and had a few good flashes. His role today showed a lot more discipline to defensive responsibilities.

Sorry but adama slowed our game down on one run that went to nothing he waited for the ball to almost stop rolling before he ran in which time the three out of position spurs players got back in position and stopped him. If he had taken the ball on the run which for a man of his speed is crazy he doesn’t do enough he would have been gone and we would have had a dangerous counter.

He also was less effective than hwang who was direct and actually hit far better and dangerous crosses into the box, but it isn’t cool to like hwang…….

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It always amazes me how people can see Traore play and have completely different views. For me, he added nothing. Slowed the ball, beat two or three and lost it or looped it harmlessly into the box.

But we have been seeing that for a long time now. He still has no end product, and he still hasn't signed a contract. He is not the answer to our problems. Neither is Hwang, and probably same for Jiminez.

We played well, some good football, but never threatened the goal. Need a proper no.9 now.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And had 2/3 players on him everytime he got the ball.
No he didn’t - when 1 on 1 he just waits until an extra defender comes over.

For me the cameo today summed him up perfectly. Happy to dribble past 2 Spurs players from the edge of his own box and then run into trouble. Happy to take players on when hugging the touch line and put in an ok far post cross to be fair, but when Neves played a quick ball to him when central on the edge of the Spurs box where you want him to take the man on, he simply played the ball backward.
Neves visibly shrugged his shoulders.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
It was standard Traore, overhit his crosses and slowed play down even more slowly than we were playing anyway, comparing him to Neto in this game is daft as well, Neto playing on his wrong side in some winger come wing back hybrid role that stifled him
Agreed. Neto had a thankless task keeping Perisic quiet. Think he did a good job but had to sacrifice some of his attacking threat. Traore would have never done that team role. Not fit to tie Neto's boot laces.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. Neto had a thankless task keeping Perisic quiet. Think he did a good job but had to sacrifice some of his attacking threat. Traore would have never done that team role. Not fit to tie Neto's boot laces.
Neto’s end product was woeful today.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traores crossing was again poor..but he needs to change his game up, instead of crossing drive into the box...could potentially get us a penalty...

T

TheConcourse

His body movement going at such pace really is exceptional. Offers us something completely different. Should start next game.
Mate, I agree with most of your posts, but Adama is absolutely done here.

We say he’s got 3/4 players on him, but he has zero intelligence or ability to then pick the pass. It’s pointless. He can’t be coached beyond running in straight lines.

The Jimenez flick at the end whilst he’s chilling on the halfway line summed up his time at Wolves.

T

TheConcourse

It always amazes me how people can see Traore play and have completely different views. For me, he added nothing. Slowed the ball, beat two or three and lost it or looped it harmlessly into the box.

But we have been seeing that for a long time now. He still has no end product, and he still hasn't signed a contract. He is not the answer to our problems. Neither is Hwang, and probably same for Jiminez.

We played well, some good football, but never threatened the goal. Need a proper no.9 now.
With you all the way on this. Absolutely pointless.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he looked more dangerous than Neto today. Wish we had played him a bit further forward.

That's just down to Adama being Adama Twice I noticed him just stood on the half way line behind the center halfs watching the game as Jonny had to run up the pitch and play as a winger.

Looks completely uninterested

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was standard Traore, overhit his crosses and slowed play down even more slowly than we were playing anyway, comparing him to Neto in this game is daft as well, Neto playing on his wrong side in some winger come wing back hybrid role that stifled him
Traore played on his right side, in some winger come wingback hybrid role that stifled him.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto’s end product has been woeful pretty much every game since he returned. He just runs into trouble and either loses the ball or smashes a shot into a defender.
Cannot believe I am saying this BUT I would probably sell if they right bid came in and we had a replacement earmarked.

But then I would say the same for Podence and Raul as well.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cannot believe I am saying this BUT I would probably sell if they right bid came in and we had a replacement earmarked.

But then I would say the same for Podence and Raul as well.
Nooooooooo, not Podence? Our leading goal scorer?;)

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough but let’s remember that he didn’t do anything wrong.

And we don’t know what advice he was given….good or bad.
All players try to maximize their income and want to play in the CL…perfectly normal if that was his aim.
We don’t know why he wouldn’t sign the contract Wolves offered him. ……We don’t know.
Was it a good and fair contract? …….We don’t know.
Did he ever say he wants to leave Wolves because he not happy with us?…..ever?

I do feel for the guy even if I want him off our payroll. But Wolves gave him 4 seasons to show his stuff……I don’t think we owe him anything more.
I genuinely wish him well and hope it all works out for him.
Like MGW - creates more on this board than on the pitch.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Traore played on his right side, in some winger come wingback hybrid role that stifled him.
Honestly could only come to two possible conclusions today.

Either he doesn't feel fully fit, or he just wants to avoid injury before he's sold. I think it's the latter to be honest, no interest in taking a man on. Loved him, but needs to go now doesn't suit the style anyway.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate I would sell him in an instant! LOL

Traore definitely needs a move. Watched that video of players getting on the bus for Spurs and his body language was dreadful. The Barcelona experiment seems to have neutered the guy.
Yet the bloke who’s watched him train all week has picked him for the squad and bought him on today.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine if we didn’t already have him, and it was just announced that we’d signed him. We’d be ecstatic. Needs a clean start with us. An exciting player.
We'd not be ecstatic. He'd be welcomed with the same kind of trepidation we saw with the Hwang signing.

We signed Hwang on the back of a poor season with RB Leipzig in the hope he could refind his form from when he played for Salzburg.

If we signed Traore now, it would be after some mediocre years, and hoping he could recreate his form from the one good year he had.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wants to leave so let him go if we can get £10 million, maybe forest could help us out ?

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He just needs donating to a charity shop now, someone please go leave him outside somewhere of their choice on Monday. Wait until they’re open though, otherwise it’s fly tipping.

He‘s starting to embarrass himself, he’s not as good as he thinks he is and CLEARLY doesn‘t want to be at Wolves.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully we can get some money for him and bring someone in who wants to play for us. I don’t question his commitment when he’s on the pitch, personally, that’s just how Adama is. But if he wanted to be here he would’ve signed a new deal 2 years ago. Time for him to move on.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully we can get some money for him and bring someone in who wants to play for us. I don’t question his commitment when he’s on the pitch, personally, that’s just how Adama is. But if he wanted to be here he would’ve signed a new deal 2 years ago. Time for him to move on.
It was time for him to move on two years ago when he had an alleged worth of £100M, according to some, who were/are deluded.

I wonder if Wolves have been on the phone to Boro….?

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Sarr is leaving Watford maybe we could offer Adama as a replacement

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clearly doesn’t want to be here on today’s showing, barely any effort at all unless he had to because the ball had been passed to him. He shouldn’t really play again as it’s not fair on his team mates.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He just needs donating to a charity shop now, someone please go leave him outside somewhere of their choice on Monday. Wait until they’re open though, otherwise it’s fly tipping.

He‘s starting to embarrass himself, he’s not as good as he thinks he is and CLEARLY doesn‘t want to be at Wolves.

Do you think you're amusing?

You're really not.

Back
Top Bottom