Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not so sure it is him. Didn't he have a relative as his agent, until he signed for Mendez? I think he was poorly advised about his worth and prospects. I am sure he is getting better direction now, but the damage has been done, as far as his value to Wolves is concerned.

He's the boss. He employs them and he is a grown man, he shouldnt be so stupid to be brainwashed by others.

I agree with you, i think the damage has been done. We wont offer him anywhere near what we did, probably only the same as what he is on now.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve got a sneaky suspicion he’ll go back to Barca on a free.

If he's willing to wait and take a drop in wages he might but i dont think they want him. They had the money for a wide player and they spent it elsewhere after their try before you buy deal they took him on last time. I'm still astounded that nobody has made an offer for him. I genuinely think 8 to 10 million would secure him yet still nothing.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he's willing to wait and take a drop in wages he might but i dont think they want him. They had the money for a wide player and they spent it elsewhere after their try before you buy deal they took him on last time. I'm still astounded that nobody has made an offer for him. I genuinely think 8 to 10 million would secure him yet still nothing.
The longer they leave it, the cheaper he gets. Maybe someone will make a cheeky offer next week, but my gut feel is they will leave it till January, one he has played a couple of games. I think he will get some time on the pitch for us. 5 subs, two games a week, and he will want to impress.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d be very surprised if Wolves offered Adama another contract.
Makes you wonder if there is any interest in him from other clubs……any nibbles at all?
Wolves might be trying to find a club that will take him for free and then avoid paying his wages for another year.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before we get rid of him, can we start winning some games without him first?
I'm kinda bored of reading that we are better team without him, only to find that we clearly aren't. Maybe that will all change with Guedes. It sure as he'll isn't going to with MGW or Podence. If we are getting rid, we need another one in.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Everyone should bury the hatchet and get a new contract done, in terms of squad and ambition, things have changed since this saga started…

Sign on for for another couple of years Adama, you never know, we might actually win something with this team.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone should bury the hatchet and get a new contract done, in terms of squad and ambition, things have changed since this saga started…

Sign on for for another couple of years Adama, you never know, we might actually win something with this team.

In reality, he's not even good enough to start for us anymore. Between him and Podence on the bench I'd rather see Podence come on.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In reality, he's not even good enough to start for us anymore. Between him and Podence on the bench I'd rather see Podence come on.
Serious question - with all the extra subs this year, can we actually 'fit' them all on our bench?

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
His form definitely dipped after the Euro’s and the longer the contract saga went on.

If his head was back in the right place and he got his confidence back, we all know what a nightmare for defenders he is.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If they could do the deal it would make sense, but whats he worth now? I couldnt see us improving the contract he is currently on by a great deal if at all.

Now we have 5 subs surely he must be one of the best impact subs going around, and i think players like that are valuable and will have a big part to play but i still think there will be a stigma about having a role like that for him.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we move him on to be honest. Not sure he looked ***** when he came on last game.

12 minutes, 6 touches. No shots, no dribbles, no tackles. He was completely anonymous.

Looks like a player who isn't fit and completely lacking in confidence.

Needs to rediscover his mojo.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t see why you wouldn’t keep him. What’s £10m going to do for us?

If he left as well as MGW then we’d probably be one short on attacking options.

He has to play well to secure his next move and we can use him from the bench.

There’s still no one in the squad with his style, he can be very useful.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Him leaving had very little impact really. Losing Neves, Semedo and Kilman had a way bigger impact on us than losing Traore.
We had all of them bar Kilman available against Brighton when we were beaten 3-0. Palace we were missing Semedo only. I think traore would have made a huge difference that game as we couldn't get out of our own half.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had all of them bar Kilman available against Brighton when we were beaten 3-0. Palace we were missing Semedo only. I think traore would have made a huge difference that game as we couldn't get out of our own half.

I dont agree at all. You could pick games where we got beaten easily when Adama was here. I've been saying it for a long time now with him, if he was the player some people on here think he is, we would have had a plethora of good sides banging our door down to sign him up for what they could get him for now. Why arent they?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont agree at all. You could pick games where we got beaten easily when Adama was here. I've been saying it for a long time now with him, if he was the player some people on here think he is, we would have had a plethora of good sides banging our door down to sign him up for what they could get him for now. Why arent they?

Because he's never fully fulfilled his potential, so I don't think any club is willing to pay a fee for him. He's still seen as a risk, especially for the bigger clubs.

I do think that there will be quite a few clubs, perhaps even some very big clubs, that will be happy to take that risk on him signing for no transfer fee.

He probably knows that his best chance of a big contract somewhere comes from moving on a free transfer.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I disagree. At 10m if we wanted we could buy another Chiq or similar level player. That would likely prove more useful than a grumpy Adama.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd keep him this season as an impact sub. By all accounts he's a genuinely decent bloke and won't be a bad smell lingering around the dressing room

Chiquinho back next year to replace him in the squad

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because he's never fully fulfilled his potential, so I don't think any club is willing to pay a fee for him. He's still seen as a risk, especially for the bigger clubs.

I do think that there will be quite a few clubs, perhaps even some very big clubs, that will be happy to take that risk on him signing for no transfer fee.

He probably knows that his best chance of a big contract somewhere comes from moving on a free transfer.
10 million is next to nothing really for a top club to take a risk on though, especially with the 5 sub rules. As i said before, i'm astounded somebody hasn't gone for him at that kind of price. He is still a very useful impact sub and i think he will be for us as well. He could easily fill that role at a lot of clubs.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I seem to remember the same argument in January then both Spurs and Barca came in for him. Guess we'll see.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I seem to remember the same argument in January then both Spurs and Barca came in for him. Guess we'll see.

We wil, but its a different time now, teams want players early this time of year if they can get them and anyone interested could have got him for a bargain price. And lets face it, Barca only took him because he was a cheap answer to a problem they had. They took advantage of him and us i believe. I dont reckon they ever really wanted him long term.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually think with the new 5 sub rule he becomes an even more attractive prospect for the likes of Liverpool.

He’d be far more inclined to sit on the bench there than here, and let’s face it, he’s by far at his most effective from about the 65th minute onwards when coming off the bench.

He’d offer a completely different arsenal off the bench for that type of team if they’re chasing a game like CPFC the other day. It becomes very hard to double up on both him and Salah.

I wonder if these clubs will be dangling contracts in front of him from January on a free. I suspect they might.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
10 million is next to nothing really for a top club to take a risk on though, especially with the 5 sub rules. As i said before, i'm astounded somebody hasn't gone for him at that kind of price. He is still a very useful impact sub and i think he will be for us as well. He could easily fill that role at a lot of clubs.

It's also peanuts to us when we could keep him for the same reason. I'd love him to stay and show us what we will be missing when he leaves (who knows, he might fall in love with playing here again and decide to sign a new deal, but I think realistically that ship has sailed).

He needs to play well to force his way into the Spain squad for the World Cup. He then need to play well to secure a transfer when his contract expires.

But there are risks associated with keeping him too. The main risk being that he's quite a way off the Spain squad currently, with his last call up nearly 12 months ago.

If he doesn't make the World Cup, given how reliant on confidence he can be, I think you can almost write his season off for any meaningful impact and he will just leave on a free next summer, going out with a whimper.

From where we are now, I'd much rather we get what we can for him in this window, taking that risk off the table and making it someone else's problem. Then reinvest the money on a young, promising player in the Chiquinho mould. Someone like this Osario maybe.

Woolywolf

Reaction score
Realistically for him, who’s he going to go to that progresses his career? He’s either a bench warmer impact sub at a ‘bigger’ club or he’s slipping down the food chain. I got it when he thought he could get a Barcelona move, but that ships sailed. Sign a realistic contract, buckle down and rediscover your 2020 form at a club that’s supported you!

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His form definitely dipped after the Euro’s and the longer the contract saga went on.

If his head was back in the right place and he got his confidence back, we all know what a nightmare for defenders he is.

But would he sign to be 4th choice here. When he could be a free agent and make a fortune and have a pick of teams.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If he’s happy with that role as squad man and impact sub then absolutely.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he’s happy with that role as squad man and impact sub then absolutely.
I would say he has to be. He can't expect us to have him as the main man knowing he's leaving.

This should work out for us quite well this season IMO, then hopefully Chiquinho is ready to offer similar qualities to the squad next season.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interestingly podence has only 2 years left on his contract now. Should we sell if he doesn't sign a new contract? Which big clubs want to buy him if he's so good?
Why were we so bothered about him not signing a contract when this started 2 years ago?

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No point giving him away for next to nothing unless he is a disruptive influence which I have no reason to believe he is. With 5 subs an option, there are few players if any who have his ability to disrupt and massively influence a game late on if and when needed. Personally I think that’s worth more to us over this season than cashing in for some small fee now. Especially with (still) our squad size and Chiquinho out.

Reactions: Ian

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would say he has to be. He can't expect us to have him as the main man knowing he's leaving.

This should work out for us quite well this season IMO, then hopefully Chiquinho is ready to offer similar qualities to the squad next season.
Nobody is going to offer what he offers though. He is one of the best if not the best in the world at beating players. Chiquinho looks a more well rounded player but I don't see him or anyone else for that matter offering the same sort of threat Adama does.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody is going to offer what he offers though. He is one of the best if not the best in the world at beating players. Chiquinho looks a more well rounded player but I don't see him or anyone else for that matter offering the same sort of threat Adama does.
Oh yeah agree, that's why I'd much rather keep him than sell him for £10m.

Also agree with Chiquinho, in fairness, hardly anyone in world football is comparable to Adama in terms of beating players. I just meant he's similar in that he's a quick winger who seems as though he could be a huge the touchline, get crosses in type.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
He's had plenty of opportunities to negotiate a new contract if he wanted to.

Feels like he is running his contract down and will sign a pre contract agreement with a new club in January (could have one already agreed in principle ready to go).

I think it's time for everyone to move on. If we can't sell him then loan him out for the next 12 months. At least we will get a loan fee and some or all of his wages paid.

If we get all the signings we are working on then I can only see him falling further down the pecking order. Brilliant on his day but too inconsistent if we are seriously aiming for European qualification this season.

Yes could be an impact sub but he had no impact against a very average Fulham side, so I'm not convinced his heads in the right place now. Hardly going to bust a gut and risk serious injury if he already has his next move lined up.

Back
Top Bottom