Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno facing the sack today

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately for Nuno this has gone exactly how the vast majority of people predicted it would.

Negative playing style meets players with oversized egos = player revolt, fan revolt and eventually, board revolt.

Not sure he was ever the man to do this job.

Think some time out of the game and a return home is inevitable for him - and probably for the best at this moment in time. He needs to rediscover his spark.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is, with the attitude he has shown, no top manager will touch him now. Pep won't put up with a lack of effort, Klopp would chew him a new one, even other managers lower down such as Rodgers, Arteta, Moyes and Co have all shown they wouldn't accept a player downing tools the way Harry Kane has decided he is entitled to.
Even his own fans are turning against him!

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
I don't think it has worked out for Nuno but surely someone needs to look at Spurs recruitment team.

I mean Nuno was similar in his approach that Mourinho was . Even my dog could tell you that .

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even his own fans are turning against him!
He's basically behaving like a spoilt child who cant get his own way. He wont be doing himself any favours with his attitude, performances and overall lack of professionalism and class. He must have convinced himself he can still get a big money move away regardless. The arrogance of the bloke.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any manager/coach with any metal,would drop Kane after his latest performance.How do ya think the rest of the team think wen a player starts who doesn't want to be there.Mind ya,having said that,it's probably best he starts if it's distrupting the team.One less team to worry about for us.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
He's basically behaving like a spoilt child who cant get his own way. He wont be doing himself any favours with his attitude, performances and overall lack of professionalism and class. He must have convinced himself he can still get a big money move away regardless. The arrogance of the bloke.
One thing is for sure ,his price has dropped considerably.Some ex -Spurs player was on the radio yesterday saying he is still one of the top 3 strikers in the World-deluded

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing is for sure ,his price has dropped considerably.Some ex -Spurs player was on the radio yesterday saying he is still one of the top 3 strikers in the World-deluded
Probably is if he can be bothered. Problem is right now he's not one of the top three strikers at Spurs, but he can't be dropped

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

As somebody said earlier, he has shown with his work ethic and attitude to this whole situation he isnt to be trusted. He thinks he is bigger than the club and has been more than willing to destabilise the place.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. He will still think he's worth 100mil though. Talkspurs making all the excuses in the world for him. Laughable

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno was never the right fit for Spurs and should not have taken the job. Nuno works best with a counter attacking style and with players that are not egotists ie the player he brought in from Portugal, largely, whose attitude he understood.
Levy should take a look at himself, he sacked Poch and then appointed Mouriniho (another bad fit) and then Nuno after failing to convince numerous other candidates.
Kane, Alli, Winks, Dier should all take a look in the mirror also - how professional have they been? Wonder what the difference in attitude is between the Wolves foreign contingent and the Spurs English contingent……?!
I think that Spurs have a rotten core.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently granted a stay of execution.

Odd

If you're going to get rid, just do it

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a cancer at Tottenham Hotspur that's spread from the boardroom to the training ground. They need a total reset in my opinion. They won't get it though and that suits me.

It's been a delight listening to emotional spurs fans on the radio the last couple of days. Long may there misery continue.
After the misery Spurs heaped on us in the 70s this is long overdue. Karma is an amazing thing

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely gone . Modern football really is a joke. 10 games. Hope they really struggle along with Newcastle.
Harry Kane has had a massive helping hand in Nunos departure........ England captain ? He ain't got the minerals as far as I'm concerned.
Hope Nuno gets another top job where he can show his magic and get some time to prove his worth.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Feel sorry for the guy. Can't believe they've binned him off already.

That said, it's £8 million in the bank and he can enjoy the winter in the Algarve.

Reactions: Ned

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a shame, **** football club. Hey, a few million in the bank for him, all good!

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just an all-round bad appointment. I didn't think he'd be a long term appointment, but I didn't expect it to be over this quickly either.

Who's next on the list? The media are trying to convince Spurs fans Conte is back on the agenda, but Conte isn't desperate or stupid.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can imagine the phone call between Nuno and Mendes.

Nuno- well, that's that then.

Mendes- what did i tell you, a few months then home for Christmas with a nice little pay off.

Nuno- True, your cheques in the mail by the way.

Mendes- Good man, let me know if you want another short term pay off job or something to have a real go at next.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Inevitable from day 1 sadly.

Can see him getting another job at a club with much lower expectations of attacking football.

He could probably do a job keeping Newcastle up, maybe even someone like Villa when Smith inevitably goes as well.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can imagine the phone call between Nuno and Mendes.

Nuno- well, that's that then.

Mendes- what did i tell you, a few months then home for Christmas with a nice little pay off.

Nuno- True, your cheques in the mail by the way.

Mendes- Good man, let me know if you want another short term pay off job or something to have a real go at next.

This probably isn't far off the truth!!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great bloke,will always be grateful for his first 3 seasons here
His biggest mistake, apart from taking the Spurs job,was not taking Coady with him
They have no leaders in that team he would have been perfect for them
Not that i want Coady to go just saying if i was Nuno that would have been my first signing
You cant do much if half the team dont want to play for you,especially the so called stars
Take the rest of the season off mate,come back refreshed,maybe go to a Championship side again ,or back home to manage,that would be my advice

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just an all-round bad appointment. I didn't think he'd be a long term appointment, but I didn't expect it to be over this quickly either.

Who's next on the list? The media are trying to convince Spurs fans Conte is back on the agenda, but Conte isn't desperate or stupid.
Could be happening. Must be paying him a fortune to even consider it.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was never the right job for him. He didn't help himself but he's mostly a victim of Levy and Paratici's incompetence.

Back
Top Bottom