Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno facing the sack today

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even confirming the news took a painfully long time. Shameful, embarrassment of a club.
Absolutely agree!

Total, utter, absolute, complete, 100%, disrespectful, shameful, scandalous, dishonourable, embarrassing, blemished, derisory, disgraceful football club.

I want to see and hear BBC and Sky Sports giving Spurs players and Daniel ****ing Levy nothing but contempt instead of playing along with their decision.

Good luck in everything you do in future Nuno. No doubt there is a confidentially clause in leaving which will no doubt stop you saying what you really feel about the players and the basket case of a club!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now just go back to Portugal and re-charge your batteries and then go again .You are well out of that basket case of a club .
Agreed . Year off and work out how to play attacking football again like when you first came to England

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Are there a more entitled set of supporters than Spurs? They won the double in '61 don't you know. Oh, and sometimes win the FA Cup when the year ends in 1. Nuno should have just taken a break. There must be a (Levy) reason why so many high-profile managers were not interested. Nice ground though! Viva Wolves.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope Kane has ‘kicked himself in the foot’.

He’s arrogant (‘We shouldn’t be losing to teams like Wolves’), has obviously got a bad attitude, is totally out of form, has a bad influence and is supposedly worth £130million!!

He’s 29 and who would pay stupid money for him with his bad attributes. If he played for Liverpool, Klopp wouldn’t be playing him! Pep dodged one imo by not signing him.

I’m talking about our country’s captain here. Yes, our countries captain. A country that has been captained by great players such as Billy Wright , Bobby Moore and Bryan Robson. I do not and never have, wanted him leading our country. Southgate please make the decision.

Let Kane stagnate at Spurs. Leave him out of the team Nuno and give him an earful of what everyone thinks about him before you leave.
I've never wished any player a serious injury... Kane has pushed that to the limit...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I recall the venom on Kane's face as he took out Adama a couple of season's ago at the Mol. He must have run 5/6 yards to do it. He then ran away and hid amongst the other players and wouldn't come back to the ref. The ref bottled it. It should have been a yellow (or even a red) for the foul and a second yellow for failing to comply with the ref's instructions.
It happened right in front of me where I was in the family enclosure.
He's a cowardly diving piece of ****. He dishes it but whinges like **** if anyone breathes on him....

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I recall the venom on Kane's face as he took out Adama a couple of season's ago at the Mol. He must have run 5/6 yards to do it. He then ran away and hid amongst the other players and wouldn't come back to the ref. The ref bottled it. It should have been a yellow (or even a red) for the foul and a second yellow for failing to comply with the ref's instructions.
It happened right in front of me where I was in the family enclosure.
Yes he deliberately changed wings so he could take Traore out……totally premeditated.
Was hoping that Saisse would ‘rectify’ that wrong;)

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not much of a surprise, Nuno's style was never going to please the fans if results weren't there after Levy's comments and with the way they recruited him the players always knew they could force him out pretty easily.

Shame for him, still think he'll have plenty of options though and won't be short of offers abroad or even here for those in the middle of the league down.

Locks Heath Wolf

Reaction score
Sometimes us fans do know how things will turn out and this was inevitable I'm afraid, Nuno was not the right make up for the Spuds. Oh and Levy is a nob...

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno is an absolute gent who lifted this team from mid champs, who gave me some of the best football I have seen since Wembley 1974, who gave 250k to Wolverhampton from his own pocket and showed a real understanding of what Wolves mean to the local community. It is very sad to see him treated like this and from what I have seen, the money will be the last thing on his mind. I feel quite sad as I am sure this will hurt.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's a cowardly diving piece of ****. He dishes it but whinges like **** if anyone breathes on him....
Plus his best days are behind him; injury prone. Can’t believe Spurs turned down Manchester City’s offer in the summer. Brill decision by a truly horrible club (whilst no fan of either, other London clubs, Chelsea and West Ham, show how thing should be done).

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A surprise that it's gone so sour so soon, but he was never the best fit as evidenced by being 8th or 9th choice. A expensive few months for very bad football for Spurs, a lucrative few months for Nuno and his staff.

Hopefully he leaves England now as I really didn't particularly enjoy having to watch him on the touchline of another club every weekend or have to play direct games against his team.

I'm not really sure about the "he needs a rest" line, as he seemed quite chipper when he was starting off at Spurs, I think his football approach just has stopped baring fruit and, like any coach, he is inevitably depressed by his team consistently filing to deliver. I'm sure there must be a league and a squad and a club when it will click back into place for him though.

I wish him all the best with his career, but please let it be somewhere out of sight... at least until Lage delivers a 6th place and/or silverware anyway...

Last edited:

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair to Spurs, they've acted quickly as he was never going to turn it around there. When we had bad runs under Nuno he used to revert to ultra defensive just to grind out some points; he could do that with Wolves as it was the right thing to do at the time and we aren't arrogant enough to have a "Wolves way" thinking it's a tradition of sorts.

I know there is self belief and money behind it but you have to wonder that if literally 100% of football people knew that this would end in tears... Surely Nuno would have known that it wasn't the right job for him.

He was way more suited to the Palace job at the time but should have taken a few months off regardless and recharged his batteries - not walk into a poisoned chalace.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A surprise that it's gone so sour so soon, but he was never the best fit as evidenced by being 8th or 9th choice. An expensive few months for very bad football for Spurs, a lucrative few months for Nuno and his staff.

Hopefully he leaves England now as I really didn't particularly enjoy having to watch him on the touchline of another club every weekend or have to play direct games against his team.
Pretty crazy that we played them twice in the 3 months he was there and managed to lose both matches.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didnt he sign the concat with no severance package tho? Surly him taking the spurs job saved Wolves any potential costs after they "mutually parted ways" sacked him
Not sure mate. Just assumed that as he'd signed a 2 year contract, Spuds would have to pay the remaining portion, if they sack him.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Spurs players probably never respected him when he came in.
After all the big coach names been rumoured and then they get Nuno?……that mustn’t have gone down too well.

Anyway, for Nuno’s sake I’m glad it’s over and he’s free of that dump…Levy and Kane will share the blame.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel sorry for the man, but happy he is out of there. It’s toxic, player power too strong and a weak board that take no responsibility for their actions.

Yes Nuno, has some responsibility for the tactics etc, but it makes no difference who they get in their, if the players don’t like them they down tools.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Molinuex Mix does it again!
I can’t believe Daniel Levy has time to read this forum but there you go

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never wished any player a serious injury... Kane has pushed that to the limit...
As I said in a previous post he is our countries captain. Yes our great countries captain!

He’s a disgrace, absolute disgrace.

We should all make our voices heard by Southgate and have him removed as a player and captain of our country with immediate effect.

Another rant over.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I said in a previous post he is our countries captain. Yes our great countries captain!

He’s a disgrace, absolute disgrace.

We should all make our voices heard by Southgate and have him removed as a player and captain of our country with immediate effect.

Another rant over.

Cancel culture has gone too far

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Conte is a prickly character. Levy is not a man that you can rely on or trust - either way there is going to be fireworks if he goes there and it will be fun watching Spurs implode.

Kane is a ****.

citrus_wolf

Reaction score
Can't begrudge his ambition but this was inevitable, they were never going to appreciate him as a (perceived) 'downgrade' of being a former Wolves boss.

He could have bolstered his reputation by doing a Wolves at a middling Serie A or La Liga side.

Shame it will go down that he couldn't hack it at a big club, when he didn't even have a proper transfer window. Was never set up to succeed.

Hope he goes on to echo Unai Emery, who is capable yet got unfairly judged

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope he takes the season off, recharges his batteries and Jorge gets him a job in Italy or Portugal.

I think he would boss Serie A with the slower paced games and more appreciation of defences.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
14mil for Nuno. Well played.
Are you sure? I doubt it myself.
His contract most likely was set up that he had to achieve certain things. He probably got his salary and a bit more.
I admit I’m guessing but I can’t see him walking away with millions.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Conte tbf is the ideal manager for them unfortunately.

He won't taking prisoners or moody ****s. Will sort them out. Brilliant manager..

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am forever grateful for what he did for us. And we had some great times. But….

Nuno always talked about adapting, learning, improving and finding solutions. I’m not so sure he took that on board for himself. Very one dimensional and stubborn. That set up worked at wolves but setting up so negatively at a bigger club was only going to end with one course of action.

Back
Top Bottom