Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno facing the sack today

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno will either get a job in Spain or Portugal after he has a rest in my opinion.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know why he went there after being 7th choice and the Kane situation on going. Well, I understand it was a chance to manage a top 7 club, but the expectations were above what Nuno offers attacking football wise.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno will either get a job in Spain or Portugal after he has a rest in my opinion.
Agree JOS, but why do I have this horrible image in my head of Nuno at Norwich, aargh!

maybe even a decent Turkish team?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree JOS, but why do I have this horrible image in my head of Nuno at Norwich, aargh!

maybe even a decent Turkish team?
If he was mad enough to take the gig he'd probably keep them up.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BBC site said Levy and Paratici have held talks about the manager position. Fonseca could be in contention. We knew it wasn't going to end well but perhaps not this quickly?

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
get a contract at spurs, **** up and get sacked..... and you're basically made for life

i'm sure in public nuno will say all the right things but he can go home and enjoy his family now. wonder if he'll ever manage in uk again

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
get a contract at spurs, **** up and get sacked..... and you're basically made for life

i'm sure in public nuno will say all the right things but he can go home and enjoy his family now. wonder if he'll ever manage in uk again
Any Championship side with ambition maybe? Otherwise he will manage in the UK again if his new Portuguese/Spanish/Italian/Greek/Turkish team qualifies for Europe against a UK team.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf, I feel a bit sorry for the bloke. Never Spurs first choice, the unsettling saga of Harry (one of our own) Kane and a fairly limited time to get things in order.

I know the last year with us was painful to watch at times, but I remember how attacking and good to watch we were. Nuno and his team did an absolutely outstanding job for us: took fairly limited players (eg Doherty, Ruddy, Douglas) and got them playing above themselves; took some seriously good talented youngsters (Costa, Neves, Jota) and gave them the opportunity to improve and progress; took some seasoned pros who weren’t even first choice at their club (Boly, Jiminez) and made them into premier league regulars. So for me, I feel bad for the situation Nuno is currently in as he hasn’t just turned into a bad coach, and, imho, deserves better than Spurs hanging him out to dry.

Football is a cruel game though. As a head coach/manager, the buck stops with you. If results and performances aren’t up to scratch, it’s always the manager/coach that loses their job. I’m not saying that Nuno is exempt from criticism, but I feel he probably deserves less than he’s getting as that Tottenham job has been poison ever since Pochettino was sacked. Even the ‘special one’ couldn’t make Sours into genuine contenders, despite spending millions!
Talking of his staff, how many went to Spurs with him? Didn’t really pay attention at the time, but telling if not many.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate texted me a couple of hours ago to say he’d gone and he’s got links into Spurs. It was a doomed appointment particularly after Spurs said they wanted the opposite of Mourinho in style. Be interesting who they get as it’s obvious the dressing room is toxic and full of divas.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Footballer insider is not that reliable a source tbh

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be absolutely hilarious if Spurs ended up with Steve Bruce.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really feel for him. Been hung out to dry really by his gutless players. He is a top manager and will go on to have success elsewhere. Will always love the bloke. Typical that he’ll only have had 17 games in charge and in two of them beat us, though!

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Seemed inevitable from the moment he was appointed as a last choice. Happened quicker than I thought though. Hope he gets some rest and a decent gig in Europe next season.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Ham have won more? Nonsense, 3 Fa Cups, that's it. That's all they've won. Most overrated "big club" in English football.
Theyre a big club because they've got a massive following, one that quite rightfully absolutely makes us look pint sized, as painful as that might sound

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
8 mill pay off for nuno .... I know he's rich but he shouldn't have gone there. Everybody knew that. He could have asked the mix!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really dislike that club.

Have done since they stuck 4 past us this month in 1960, which to me confirmed the end of our 1950s dominance.

(Now people, THAT'S how to hold a grudge - 61 years and counting.)

Since that double-winning season, they've always believed that they are bigger than they really are, and for some time they haven't had a Scooby as to what constitutes a good Head Coach.

Nuno's a truly decent man, and I believe he'll be better off out of that ****hole of a club.

Love you, Nuno.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In my opinion Nuno should never have gone to spurs.... if Mouriniho didn't manage to sort them out what chance did Nuno have?

The fans didn't want him because he doesn't play "the spurs way" (something what irritates me about any club which have a "way"), they never gave him a chance or backed him, some like sections of others club e.g. Newcastle with there pining over benitez seem to want a manager to fail, spurs is the same they may be a "Big 6" team but in reality they are in the shadow of Arsenal's achievements in the Wenger era, they are not anywhere near the levels of Chelsea, City and Liverpool.... they are closer to the 6th to 10th teams.

The spurs dressing room seems to hold to much power, the main problem seems to be Kane throws his toys out the pram when things aren't going well.

Nuno/Fosuns no d***head policy would never have been implemented at spurs.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If what I have read is true then player power has been the biggest problem. Nuno has no chance when Kane and co don’t want him there.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Pint sized???
I’d hazard a guess that our worldwide following isn’t pint sized compared to theirs. I’m happy to be proved wrong UTW
Slightly higher average attendance than us, but that's probably helped by the THIRTY ONE seasons we played in the league before they turned up!

Back
Top Bottom