Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Norwich verdict

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now I'm not saying we will finish 6th come the end of the season. However that is where we are as it stands. So for you to start having a go at Bruno is imo totally out of order.
In fairness the negativity is about this game and is warranted. We are in a fantastic position but that shouldn’t make it a given that poor performances get a free pass from fans moaning.

For me I think we are in a good place, although very frustrated we are not playing like the first few games.

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s an away point and keeps us ticking over but not a good performance at all.

I think what is frustrating a lot of fans is that it is very hard to see any kind of progress or journey taking place. One week we look a dangerous team, the next we are utterly toothless.

We do need some investment in January or we will just be mid table and impossible to predict.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio has 7 goals + assists in 1400 mins. Trincao has 0 in nearly 700

If we’re honest neither are an improvement to our starting 11. However if we’re to persist with one and give them game time it should at least be the one who’s our player!!

No idea how you can justify Silva being better than Hwang though.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fear.

Away from home we just look petrified. Set up to counter instead of stamping our authority on the game from the off.

Norwich pressed and played with purpose and we just never went with them or attacked with anything like their tempo.

Bruno needs to sort this out because that’s now 2 abject away performances on the bounce and a few of the other wins we had away from home could have gone the other way too. Bruno’s use of subs and in game management is a real concern, it needed changing (formation or positional tweak at least) at half time as it was clear who the better team was but it’s always a case of seeing what happens rather than instigating change.

I get the 352 change but we did it in such a cack-handed way that it wasted time and a sub. Could have been a simple double change but instead we moved Adama around and gave him no chance to shine at all when he came on.

I’m really disappointed with that whole game.

Sa played well, Kilman looked safe again. Neves had some moments too. Everybody else was woeful.

Such a shame.

Tomcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Disappointing performance against a poor side, but it's point away from home, another clean sheet, still 6th (for the moment), Neto & Jonny still to return & money to spend in January so I'm still happy.
Need to beat Burnley on Wednesday though!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve seen enough of Trincao. The speed of thought isn’t there for this league. He looks like a Rolls Royce at times, and within a nanosecond frustrates you so much.

I was disappointed at the start, but you have to give him time to settle. We've seen a lot of him now...enough to know we aren't going to get anything more. I think it's more the other way round, he mostly looks like a competition winner, with one or two nanoseconds of skill per match, that never amounts to anything.

Hwang has done nothing since his goal at Leeds. He’s getting away with it because he bagged a few, but I’d seriously question whether the budget should be spent on him. He’s a passenger and has been for weeks.

Yes, maybe wait till the end of season before deciding, rather than jumping at winter window? When he's not scoring, he doesn't really bring much to the team. Runs around a lot, but rarely wins the ball. I'm thinking we could have Hwang as back up to Raul, but not on the pitch with him as Hwang isn't providing anything for the team - his goals were set up by others (2 by Raul, I think).

So today, we were effectively playing 3-4-1. Yes, we've seen this a lot in the past year-ish. The reason we didn't lose is because the back 3 + Sa are really on their game at the moment. Kilman was excellent again, even looked more positive bringing the ball forward than most of the rest.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Totally agree why limit the options
I like Jos and his faith in the kids, stick a couple on the bench by all means, but I'd trust Bruno to know if they are amywhere near ready. Oh and Hoever is 19, so hardly blocking the youth!

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WTF has that got to do with anything on a game by game thread lol.

It's not a where we are on 27th November 2021 verdict, it's a Norwich away verdict

I'll look at the table but that has nothing to do with how crap we were today. Christ I wonder sometimes. being delighted is not an emotion I would say is in my head tonight - That's enough internet for tonight. I'm off to be less than delighted looking at my crypto portfolio that's down 3 and a half grand in 2 days
Enjoy your evening :)

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What on earth are you basing that on?

Performances. Trincao has offered nothing whatsoever in the prem so far. Huang seems to have the knack around the box and I like him, but honestly I think Silva could be a much better footballer subject to improving physically. When huang plays like today, Silva should be getting on the pitch.

I probably over-egged it a bit but our two forwards were so, so poor today than even I could have done better!

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness the negativity is about this game and is warranted. We are in a fantastic position but that shouldn’t make it a given that poor performances get a free pass from fans moaning.

For me I think we are in a good place, although very frustrated we are not playing like the first few games.
Of course in the first few games we got zero points, or am I missing something?

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we’re honest neither are an improvement to our starting 11. However if we’re to persist with one and give them game time it should at least be the one who’s our player!!

No idea how you can justify Silva being better than Hwang though.

I can't either and I wrote it! Just disappointed that silva isn't getting time when I think he's a decent player and lack of competition for places. Huang really does have shockers but what he does do is work hard for the team and that helps us defensively even on his bad days.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Performance is the best predictor of success over long term not relying the opposition being utter dog**** in front of goal
I think we can both agree that our performances in the first 3 games were better than today? How many points did we get? Yet you say performances are a good predictor of success. I somehow fail to get your point?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think we can both agree that our performances in the first 3 games were better than today? How many points did we get? Yet you say performances are a good predictor of success. I somehow fail to get your point?
Over an extended period yes. If we play like that every game for rest of year are you happy?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Positives -
We are resolute-12,goals conceded in 13 games
9 goals scored in 4 of our games
We are 6th
Negatives-
12 goals scored in 13 games
3,goals scored in our other 9 games
Tough set of fixtures on the horizon .
Overall we are doing ok but in reality we are a middle of the table team
We are in desperate need of recruits /options /and a spark to give us some back to back consistency.

Last edited:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Goals win games and we ain't got enough throughout the team
Today was just terrible. Teams at the very top have quality players in every position. Simply, we lack quality. We have a handful of players who have it - Neves, Jimenez, Kilman and Boly if he can get back to his best. Sa is a decent gk. Neto and Jonny have the quality but the long term injuries leave a question mark. So for me with a fully fit squad (new year?) we have perhaps 7 players who have the required quality to make us a genuine top 6 side. I don't think any of the others ( and that includes Moutinho and Traore) have what we need to move us on and up a level. For me the hope is that we recruit 2 quality additions in January and a further 2-3 in the summer. With the team and the squad as it now is we are punching well above our weight in 6th; our true position in this league is mid-table, just above, just below.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Awful game awful weather. You can see why Norwich are 19th but sadly we didn’t look any better! Bruno needs to tweak these away performances.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course in the first few games we got zero points, or am I missing something?
Your correct against good opponents and I am sure we would of slaughtered some teams, like today.. It’s not just points for everyone some want to be entertained, I want my cake and want to eat it.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Am I right in thinking Podence misses at the least the next 2?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say a point away from home on a windy day is always a good result.
But not creating anything against a side that have already conceded 26 is a little bit worrying.

Lycaon

Reaction score
I hope the players and Bruno don’t think that was a satisfactory result.
I certainly hope they don’t!

….But, from a fan’s perspective, we didn’t lose which is the main thing against a team that’s obviously been pumped up (new manager bounce) over the last week!

Whether Norwich continue to improve is neither here or there as far as I’m concerned, the fact we’re keeping clean sheets away from home is a measure of our resilience regardless of performances on the day.

Ultimately, we’ll finish this campaign where we deserve to be, end of!

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your correct against good opponents and I am sure we would of slaughtered some teams, like today.. It’s not just points for everyone some want to be entertained, I want my cake and want to eat it.
Never happens in football I'm afraid.

Reactions: DPE

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many of the Norwich staring 11 would you want us to sign in January ?

Not exactly sure what Bruno’s gameplan was ? third consecutive away performance that’s been dreadful.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What’s that gotta do with the verdict on todays performance?
Completely agree, people saying look at the table well I’m looking at it and thinking we should have another two points. We should be aspiring to be a top team not just happy that we’re not in a relegation battle that sort of mentality will get you relegated.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are some players in our squad who need to be upping their performance levels in a big way in the next few weeks or should be cleared out in January and replaced. Trincao, Dendoncker and to some extent Hwang must do a lot more if they start on Wednesday as what I saw from them today was dreadful. I know Donck wasnt on for a great amount of time but my God. What the heck does he even do? He seems scared to pass forward, goes missing, hardly ever tackles. Someone needs to have a long hard word with him as I remember him a couple of seasons back and yes he wasnt amazing but he was far better than the current player who I am seeing who looks like a league one player.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he just needs a few more months or so to adapt to the PL. At least that’s what I’m hoping as there’s a real player there.
Some players just aren’t suited to the premier league and I think he’s one of them.

Back
Top Bottom