Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Norwich verdict

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Complete and utter garbage.

All on the manager for me, baffled by the utter fear. Have to say I'm not warming to him, I was interested what we we potentially looking to do after the first few games but ever since nah, points besides which I know is what it's all about I don't see us really going anywhere or developing. Had we looked to go back to that early style or something approaching it, especially against weaker teams I would be giving the time but we just negative so quickly.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Infuriatingly inconsistent.

Failed to create a decent chance against the worst team in the league. They probably should’ve won with their chances.

A chronic lack of options off the bench to change the game too. Bringing Dendoncker and Hoever on when you’re trying to win the game? Joke.

We’re miles away from being a top 6 team.

Feel sorry for the poor buggers who travelled all that way to watch that tripe in the pouring rain.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor today, seems a very different approach away from home, and one that is turning me right off watching games, tripe today Wolves

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's starting to become an identifiable problem that we cannot play on the front foot when away from home. A very timid display, thankfully against a team with any finishing power whatsoever. I fear that this would have been Palace all over against a halfway reasonable Pl side, so one should probably be thankful for the point.

All in all, a decidedly limp end to the month, given the challenge of December's fixtures.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Complete and utter garbage.

All on the manager for me, baffled by the utter fear. Have to say I'm not warming to him, I was interested what we we potentially looking to do after the first few games but ever since nah, points besides which I know is what it's all about I don't see us really going anywhere or developing. Had we looked to go back to that early style or something approaching it, especially against weaker teams I would be giving the time but we just negative so quickly.
Agreed. The minute he moved Adama to RWB said we were playing for a point.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the balance of the game, that is an excellent point for us. We were very much second best and Norwich should certain be taking home all three points.

I don't hold Adama with same reverence that others do, but surely he's got to be starting over Trincao.

Defenders were very good today and Sa bailed us out - as did Norwich's finishing.

But a word on Norwich, these were not the no hopers I was led to expect. They impressed me a lot and we were lucky to draw.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Desperately poor second half and we’re lucky to come away with a point in the end.

Sa probably the pick of our players with a 7/10. Everyone else 5/10 with the exception of Trincao and Hwang, who were both absolutely awful, 3/10.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Worst I’ve seen in a while. Sa & Neves apart they were well below average. A better team today batters us. How must Traore feel sitting on the bench watching Trincao get more game time? I think it’s time to accept Trincao isn’t what we need and let him go back to Barcelona. An away point, clean sheet are the positives but this kind of showing concerns me with Bruno seemingly unable to change things.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that was the problem – we weren't!

Well, quite! Obviously doesn’t trust Silva. Cundle may aswell be on work experience. Two goalkeepers and a sub less than we’re allowed.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
COME BACK, NUNO…….ALL IS FORGIVEN.

a little bit tongue in cheek.

Last edited:

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We don’t create enough end product. We don’t score enough. Only positive was that we should have lost, Norwich created clear chances on another day 2.0 defeat. Very flat and disappointing, but a point I suppose.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It felt like the setup just wasn't working today but we seem too afraid or unable to change it.

The forward players weren't at it at all. I didn't understand why Traore came on to then be shifted to wing-back. I can only think Lage thought he would get crosses into Jimenez and Dendoncker. It didn't work.

Norwich deserved to win and just lacked decent finishing.

Sa man of the match by a distance.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not convinced by hwang or trincao either
As much as I love trincao as a player the premier League isn't the best suited league for his game sadly. Hwang is good, 12m good so I'm not expecting anything more than that

Puddled Duck

Reaction score
Well a draws a draw, not a bad result in some respects against a rescurrgent Norwich, we move on.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Continuing the trend of worryingly anaemic away performances (don’t think we’ve played well away since Watford). Very lucky that they have no real attacking quality or we’d have been well beaten.

Sa, Neves, Kilman and Saiss all decent.

Front three all very poor and RAN wasteful having got in some great positions. Baffling use of Adama as well.

Only positives are the point and the clean sheet.

Sa 7
Kilman 7
Coady 6
Saiss 7
Semedo 6
Neves 7
Moutinho 6
RAN 5
Trincao 5
Raul 5
Hwang 5

Guess you can’t play well every week but the contrast in the intent of our home and away performances is pretty stark. Still, probably would have snapped your hands off at the start of the season to be on 20 points after 13 games.

Tip of the hat to all those who made the journey in awful conditions for very little reward.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
a few decent spells of possession, but no real threat. Too many players not really in the game today, Trianco, Hwang, Traore when he came on. Ait Nouri OK, but final ball in poor. Much more hustle and Bustle from Norwich but without cutting edge quality, That siad they had the best chances and should have put one away. Given the poor performance happy to take the point, but not happy with performance

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

**** but a point up to 20 is reassuring.

Sa 8
Excellent saves, was always looking to get us up field quickly but was visibilty frustrated with lack of movement.

Semedo 6
His worst game for a while, booked for a foul in dangerous positions. Didn't give it away much which made him stand out vs most of rest of the team.

Kilman 7
After ropey start was solid and made some lovely progressive passes

Coady 6.5
Was shaky first half, was being pulled out of position by Pukki but 2nd half improved and made some key interceptions.

Saiss 7
Solid as well, nothing major to report.

Ait-Nouri 5
Full of effort but worst game in a Wolves shirt. No quality on the ball today.

Neves 7
Was very good first 30 minutes, after that got overwhelmed at times. Brilliant interception that Hwang absolutely butchered a great attacking chance from.

Moutinho 6
Didn't do anything particularly other than his usual sideways passing. Worked hard and won a bit of ball back but also gets dribbled past super easily.

Hwang 3
Woeful. Just nothing good to say about him today

Jiminez 5
He was so isolated I will rate him higher than the others but his touch was so off today, kept concrete booting it. Got no service but was poor dropping for the ball.

Trincao 2
Utterly shocking, virtually only chance he created was turning the ball over to Norwich for a counter.

Adama 5
Came on and was shunted to right wing-back. Did nothing

Donk 4
Came on and passed the ball backwards repeatedly.

Hoever NA

Bruno 4
Late and odd subs again (Donk on instead of Fabio or even Cundle?).

Point when you play **** though isn't always the worst result. 20 points before Dec isn't bad at all.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Difficult to overstate how badly we need new signings. Not sure what more Bruno can do with this tiny squad - hardly any changes available to him.

Anyone would've happily taken 4 points from the last 2 games.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've looked pretty poor away from home in the last few games. Doesn't help when you bring on a potential game changer in Traore, only to dump him at wingback where he is least effective - signals that you're happy with a point at perennial strugglers Norwich.

Rugrats

Reaction score
Got bossed from start to finish by NORWICH !!! They looked fitter, hungrier and way way faster than us.

We're now running at less than a solitary goal per game !

How many times is Ait-Nouri going to give the ball away in promising positions either by believing he has the touch of Ronaldo (he definitely hasn't) or with hit and hope crosses and Semedo's constant fouls on the edge of our box is fast becoming a feature of his game !

Millsywolf22

Reaction score
Maybe I get carried away when we win again and expect a decent performance but that really was woefully bad today. We didn't create a single chance.. Jimenez needs some help, trincao and hang just non existent both could have been hooked at halftime if we had a subs bench....so annoying, happy where we are but could be so much better. Sort the squad out in January please...so lightweight for a prem side

Back
Top Bottom