Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Norwich verdict

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Watching it back on the sky replay right now. We don't look all that *****. So much sloppiness.
When I watched the game on TV, I didn't blame the setup or coaching at all. Too many of the players had an off day and continually gave the ball away. Both wingbacks had poor games, as did the forwards. Nothing stuck up front--disjointed and sloppy. We had a couple of moments where we dominated possession, but we never found the right pass in the final third (this is our biggest nemesis--I don't know if we lack composure or courage or both). I thought the midfield was fine (not great) and the defense was maybe a little better, but there were a couple of moments where we were disorganized and let them in. Sa won the point for us. I also thought that Norwich played well, especially Aarons. And, of course, the conditions were far from ideal. So, in the end, we take a point in an away game in bad weather...not a bad result in an otherwise poor performance.

I believe that we are still lacking confidence in taking players on or playing through to the runs that the forwards make--I peg that on what Nuno drilled into the squad. As the game wore on and our sloppiness continued, we lost more and more confidence and just hung on, despite Lage trying to urge them forward. That's what I thought I observed.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I watched the game on TV, I didn't blame the setup or coaching at all. Too many of the players had an off day and continually gave the ball away. Both wingbacks had poor games, as did the forwards. Nothing stuck up front--disjointed and sloppy. We had a couple of moments where we dominated possession, but we never found the right pass in the final third (this is our biggest nemesis--I don't know if we lack composure or courage or both). I thought the midfield was fine (not great) and the defense was maybe a little better, but there were a couple of moments where we were disorganized and let them in. Sa won the point for us. I also thought that Norwich played well, especially Aarons. And, of course, the conditions were far from ideal. So, in the end, we take a point in an away game in bad weather...not a bad result in an otherwise poor performance.

I believe that we are still lacking confidence in taking players on or playing through to the runs that the forwards make--I peg that on what Nuno drilled into the squad. As the game wore on and our sloppiness continued, we lost more and more confidence and just hung on, despite Lage trying to urge them forward. That's what I thought I observed.
I agree with all that, but on top of that, Jiminez had a stinker. I think people tend to look the other way when that happens.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with all that, but on top of that, Jiminez had a stinker. I think people tend to look the other way when that happens.
They do, he is so hot and cold but the service we produced for our forwards was pathetic hence why I said before the game we need an extra man in the middle and got shot down for it. We got over ran in the midfield that is glaringly obvious

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i haven't read anything here or elsewhere about the game. but i can imagine what i'd read if i did so here goes... i didn't think it was that bad, just thought front players not up to it (esp trincao but he needs games), too much riding on raul. but we still looked classier team just having an off day. no worries, we're stuttering but gradually improving under bruno. he's only been here 5mins and transfer window coming up. we're sixth and doing okay

i'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom