Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Norwich verdict

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

But does he not make forward passes because of our team? I remember watching him at Barca (I know), and he was good at the overlap pass that Barca always seem to do with the on-rushing full-back. He was a clever player and I thought we saw signs of that against Everton.

I presume we had the majority of possession today because it was all down to passing it sidewards in the back three. It was not sustained attacking pressure.

Agree entirely with your overall assessment of Trincao so far though. Needs to improve massively, I have slightly more faith than you (I think) that he could come good, but not very confident about him!
I know what you mean, but I don't see a system in modern football that suits him tbh. Almost no one plays 10s anymore, and when they do it is a struggle against pressing sides. City play their sort of 10 as a false 9, lots play the 10 off the wing. I can't really work out where he is supposed to play. People call him a luxury player, but I am not sure what is exactly luxurious about him. He is also physically so poor, and in modern football you have to be seriously special as an attacker to be average at best pace and weak.

He should get enough game time by January for us to know whether he is up to it or not with decent degree of certainty. I do hope I am wrong, maybe we can work out a way to get him central - although I think Podence and MGW would do better there as well tbh and not cost us another £20 odd million

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A small point but why isnt Bruno at least putting the likes of Bueno, Richards and Campbell in the squad and leaving us so thin on options? I'm not saying they are certain starters or anything but all 3 are good players, yet he names 2 keepers on the bench and leaves a space free.

He doesnt appear to want to use any of our young players despite his reputation for doing so at Benfica. I would far rather he had brought Cundle on today instead of Hoever, for example or even to play in a three with Moutinho and Neves.

Will it be 3 or 4 keepers on the bench on Wednesday?
Totally agree why limit the options

Sirstancullis

Reaction score
Bruno's going to be our Premier League Colin Lee, great home record, garbage away.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s that gotta do with the verdict on todays performance?
You have just answered a question with a question. Try answering the question with an answer. Or are you a politician in disguise :)

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't watch the game. I usually watch the Sky extended highlights, but don't think I'll bother today as it sounds like such a dire game. It is strange that we seem unable to build on a phenomenal performance like last time out and build up a real head of steam. However as someone else mentioned, that is exactly the kind of game we would have lost a few years ago.

Woz_Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Great team consistency, consistently last on MOTD.
On to the next one

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree why limit the options
To make a point perhaps???
I was a little confused by something Jeff Stelling said on Soccer Saturday, he was referring, I assume, to something Bruno had said recently about being short of CB's. Was something along the lines of us playing with 3 x CB's and only having 3 x CB's at the club. Then went on to say that when Willy Boly is off at the AFCON we'll only have 2....a point that doesn't really stack up for me, when he hasn't been using him anyway???

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be honest whilst performances haven’t been consistent I’m quite happy how the seasons going. No other manager has such a small squad to choose from. Back Bruno in Jan and I’m convinced the consistency in performance will come.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish we had played like we did today and edged Watford in the semis on pens. The result is all that matters at the end of the day. Performances mean **** all when you get nothing.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To make a point perhaps???
I was a little confused by something Jeff Stelling said on Soccer Saturday, he was referring, I assume, to something Bruno had said recently about being short of CB's. Was something along the lines of us playing with 3 x CB's and only having 3 x CB's at the club. Then went on to say that when Willy Boly is off at the AFCON we'll only have 2....a point that doesn't really stack up for me, when he hasn't been using him anyway???
Though obviously we'll be down to two that he uses with Saiss being away too.

Lycaon

Reaction score
All things considered, a satisfactory result.

Not a great performance by any stretch but another clean sheet and another point gained.

We go again!

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I will be honest whilst performances haven’t been consistent I’m quite happy how the seasons going. No other manager has such a small squad to choose from. Back Bruno in Jan and I’m convinced the consistency in performance will come.
Totally agree 4 points from West Ham and Norwich isn’t at all bad considering.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Infuriatingly inconsistent.

Failed to create a decent chance against the worst team in the league. They probably should’ve won with their chances.

A chronic lack of options off the bench to change the game too. Bringing Dendoncker and Hoever on when you’re trying to win the game? Joke.

We’re miles away from being a top 6 team.

Feel sorry for the poor buggers who travelled all that way to watch that tripe in the pouring rain.
I would have stayed at home going on the normal service of previous games.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great point. How many times over the years have I seen us lose a game like that? We didn't today. Onwards and upwards.

Yes, we need to give at least some credit to Norwich. They were well up for it, like they actually wanted to be there (where we didn't, sadly). On that performance, I wouldn't have Norwich down as auto-relegation candidates. They looked at least as good as the likes of Southampton/Watford/Villa this season when we played them. Stronger than when we played them 2 seasons ago. And light years ahead of all of last seasons 3 relegated duffers.

Leemack

Reaction score
Such a poor performance and this is why i'll never be a pundit lol. I can't give a view without just thinking utter crap. Trincao for a start needs to learn how to let that ball go earlier. Sick of seeing him make a good run and jut hit the defensive wall and fall over.

Just poor all over really.

Stourwolf

Reaction score
Hwang and trincao awful again outside of that I hate the way we sit 20 yards further back when playing awa. Adama is ideal for nuno ball aka Bruno’s away tactics !!
I agree.don’t see what people rave about.personally think there poor.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beat Burnley and all will be forgiven.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And Trincao is rubbish as well....... ;)

Have I missed something with Trincao? Like today, he wasn't "below par", he was identical to every other match he's played! At least the guy is consistent. Wasting possession, looking slow as a snail, pushed off the ball by a feather, it's been there in every match since the first one. We have under-23's that I'd rather have in the first XI. Any of them would do.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not good but a point away from home in the Pl is always earned and not something to turn noses at
4 points from west ham and Norwich is good

To call today disgusting pathetic and embarrassing is entitled and childish, we are inconsistent it's frustrating but turning on Lage in 6th place is Shameful

Points wise we're good but you can only comment on the game. The second half was dismal, no two ways about it, and in huang and trincao we have two players consistently underperforming. Huang looks better in a two and works hard, trincao just isn't offering anywhere near what traore or even silva do - yet plays ahead of both.

I can understand huang playing for sure but trincao over traore? That can only be political because it's not a footballing decision. He'd done virtually nothing all season and missed two sitters that even traore would be proud of. Forget stats, he is literally offering nothing. Today he created multiple chances... for norwich.

Players need time and he isn't ready yet. Keep him as a sub when he can offer something different and be coached into games.

Lage is getting criticised for the simple reason that tactically we were all over the place in the second half. The subs were the worst I can remember since was it forest at home when nuno had a brainfart? Even the players visibly didn't have a clue. It was comical.

All that said, we are in a good position in the league and defensively, pre subs, we look good overall. Sa is the mad keeper you have to love, coady/saiss/kilman are strong most games, air nouri is refreshing going forwards, semedo shows his skills from time to time (not worth the money tho) and neves is looking super.

Our problems are going forwards and over reliance on moutinho. That isn't lage's fault, that's on the board. We have no midfield options. Doncks isn't an option, just an average utility player.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Hwang ain’t scoring he’s a passenger.
100%. He seems a nailed on starter but I’d take Adama on the left at the moment. He didn’t deserve to lose his spot there anyway.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Complete and utter garbage.

All on the manager for me, baffled by the utter fear. Have to say I'm not warming to him, I was interested what we we potentially looking to do after the first few games but ever since nah, points besides which I know is what it's all about I don't see us really going anywhere or developing. Had we looked to go back to that early style or something approaching it, especially against weaker teams I would be giving the time but we just negative so quickly.
Now I'm not saying we will finish 6th come the end of the season. However that is where we are as it stands. So for you to start having a go at Bruno is imo totally out of order.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really missed Podence.

Really missed an on form podence. When he's off form he plays like trincao does. Losing him to covid as he's been playing into good form really sucks.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I wish we had played like we did today and edged Watford in the semis on pens. The result is all that matters at the end of the day. Performances mean **** all when you get nothing.
Performance is the best predictor of success over long term not relying the opposition being utter dog**** in front of goal

Leemack

Reaction score
To anyone who is typing negative **** tonight. Take a good look at the table? Who have you wouldn't have been delighted to be where we are tonight at the beginning of the season?
WTF has that got to do with anything on a game by game thread lol.

It's not a where we are on 27th November 2021 verdict, it's a Norwich away verdict

I'll look at the table but that has nothing to do with how crap we were today. Christ I wonder sometimes. being delighted is not an emotion I would say is in my head tonight - That's enough internet for tonight. I'm off to be less than delighted looking at my crypto portfolio that's down 3 and a half grand in 2 days

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree 4 points from West Ham and Norwich isn’t at all bad considering.
By all accounts we should have got 3 from the 2 games on the form table so to end up with 4 means all I can say is *******s to the form table and let Bruno do his thing until Jan and see then IF he gets backed what he can do.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All things considered, a satisfactory result.

Not a great performance by any stretch but another clean sheet and another point gained.

We go again!
I hope the players and Bruno don’t think that was a satisfactory result.

Back
Top Bottom