Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Norwich verdict

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
Before the West Ham game I would have taken 4 points from them and Norwich.
Positives half way to 40 points and 6th in the table.

In respect of this game we were lucky to come away with a point.
Sa and the back three played well along with Neves and Raul working his socks off up front.

Not looking forward to Burnley game with Neves missing. They will bully us and not a game for Trincao, he's too lightweight.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huge point in the context of the horrendous performance.

Cannot understand why we still persist with hwang and Trincao in these away games. It simply doesn’t work playing with 9 men away from home.

A better team would have beaten us comfortably .

Sa - 10 . Kept us in the game
Semedo - 7 solid as ever
Kilman coady- 7 solid
Saiss- 5 one huge blunder
Ait nouri - 7 . A lot of criticism for some reason. No support from hwang defensively and hwang then hides when ait nouri needs a pass . He did really well under a lot of pressure at times

Neves - 7 plays the ball at a great tempo
Moutinho - 6 poor shot . Poor crossing . But got about the pitch well

Hwang 0 - horrendous
Trincao 1 - at least he tried . But he is horrendous
Jimenez 6 - no support at all but didn’t exactly make any great runs when we did have good positions

Bruno - 0. Set us up defensively then plays traore right back. Don’t understand what game he watches at times. Play 343 with Semedo and traore for 30 mins and we probably win the match.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you notice on YouTube videos of Hwang's time at Wloves, the Korean comments have dropped from 1000 in his first 3 matches to 0 in his last 5. Today is why.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've just finished my kids party to be greeted with a message from my brother saying I dodged a bullet with this one.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Huge point in the context of the horrendous performance.

Cannot understand why we still persist with hwang and Trincao in these away games. It simply doesn’t work playing with 9 men away from home.

A better team would have beaten us comfortably .

Sa - 10 . Kept us in the game
Semedo - 7 solid as ever
Kilman coady- 7 solid
Saiss- 5 one huge blunder
Ait nouri - 7 . A lot of criticism for some reason. No support from hwang defensively and hwang then hides when ait nouri needs a pass . He did really well under a lot of pressure at times

Neves - 7 plays the ball at a great tempo
Moutinho - 6 poor shot . Poor crossing . But got about the pitch well

Hwang 0 - horrendous
Trincao 1 - at least he tried . But he is horrendous
Jimenez 6 - no support at all but didn’t exactly make any great runs when we did have good positions

Bruno - 0. Set us up defensively then plays traore right back. Don’t understand what game he watches at times. Play 343 with Semedo and traore for 30 mins and we probably win the match.
I'm a huge Ait-Nouri fan, he will be absolutely class and can go right to the top, but he was dismal on the ball today. No quality.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang isn't a good footballer, but he's someone who works hard and seems to have instincts of knowing where to be to score goals.

So, he's useful in a good team that will get the ball into the box, create chances etc. Not us.

Trincao is similar in that he (I think/hope) could be good in a team that keeps possession, allows him to get into pockets, find runners etc. Not us.

Traore simply has to play because when we don't have the ball, he offers this ability to beat players that we don't have.

We are so easy to play against. You push up, press intensely and then what do we do? We don't go long, we get pinned back, then we're stuck. No imagination in the middle of the park, nothing.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can accept losing games but I detest bad performances. Every team have their off days but with Wolves, their lows reach too far down.
Our off days are wayyyyyyyyy off. We never know which Wolves team will turn up. And our players must hate it too…..they’re not fools. They know they played lousy today but why?

Unacceptable Jeff. A pink flag is still a red flag.

T

TheConcourse

I’ve seen enough of Trincao. The speed of thought isn’t there for this league. He looks like a Rolls Royce at times, and within a nanosecond frustrates you so much.

Hwang has done nothing since his goal at Leeds. He’s getting away with it because he bagged a few, but I’d seriously question whether the budget should be spent on him. He’s a passenger and has been for weeks.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Difficult to overstate how badly we need new signings. Not sure what more Bruno can do with this tiny squad - hardly any changes available to him.

Anyone would've happily taken 4 points from the last 2 games.
Can't believe some are still having a pop at him tbh we can all see we need some new faces especially in central midfield someone who can get some goals! If we can get three points against Burnley in the week and keep the unbeaten run going...everyone will be happy again!

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We’ve averaged exactly 2 points per game over the last 10 league games which is excellent imo. Thought it would be tough today (new Manager bounce etc) and not too unhappy with a point. Nothing gets away from the squad needing a major refresh, with some much needed pace and athleticism needed in midfield and at the back. One thought what’s happening with Silva? Got a horrible feeling he’s going to end up returning to Portugal in the not too distant for a fair bit less than we paid for him.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Hwang isn't a good footballer, but he's someone who works hard and seems to have instincts of knowing where to be to score goals.

So, he's useful in a good team that will get the ball into the box, create chances etc. Not us.

Trincao is similar in that he (I think/hope) could be good in a team that keeps possession, allows him to get into pockets, find runners etc. Not us.

Traore simply has to play because when we don't have the ball, he offers this ability to beat players that we don't have.

We are so easy to play against. You push up, press intensely and then what do we do? We don't go long, we get pinned back, then we're stuck. No imagination in the middle of the park, nothing.
We had majority possession today, 57%, and Trincao did the square root of **** all. He literally doesn't make forward passes and his only contributions are largely dribbling. People have this idea about him because he occasionally glides past a player that isn't matched by reality. Here is his shot/goal creation prior to today (which will go down obviously) by passing.

He is basically decent at pressing at times (although fades because of lack of fitness) and occasionally has a dribble but his barely creates a single thing every game and has just missed a couple of sitters thus far in front of goal.
If it forced us to get another wide attacker I'd be delighted he left without absolutely massive improvement

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    13.9 KB · Views: 22
  • FT.PNG
    FT.PNG
    23.6 KB · Views: 24

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno so negative today. Frightened of Norwich! Could have, should have lost that game, based on their chances, especially Sicki mis-hitting that shot straight to Sa. Disappointing all over the pitch, apart from the wing backs, one of whom was sacrificed for Dendonker! That say's it all. Obviously played for a 0-0, which is a disastrous approach to football. It's football by fear, which is why we sent Nuno packing. Not saying Bruno should be given the boot but I want better, on a more consistent basis. There's absolutely no need to play like we did today. Yes Norwich are fighting for their lives and, like any other team in the division, are no push-overs. However, you need to play the game of football. We simply didn't bother. No wonder the away support were mute! Oh well.

Sirstancullis

Reaction score
Our away performances are far too negative, we set up not to lose rather than to take the game to the opposition. The only outlier to this is the Villa match, when we were all ready 2 down so Bruno had nothing to lose and threw caution to the wind. This emphasis needs to change. We got lucky today and in the end it was a point gained. Tim Krul never got his hands warm!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Utter bilge. Failed to see any strategy there except allowing Norwich possession and defending for 75 minutes. Felt sorry for the loyal travelling support. They deserved better.
Still, regardless of opposition, after playing as badly as we did, we got an away point. Every cloud…

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It’s the wide players . We need players to tuck in in a game like that.

I would have got cundle on for hwang and got him playing alongside neves and moutinho, and traore and Jimenez up top

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought the defence and keeper played well. Forwards played well in spells but not consistently. RAN is frustrating- brilliant at times, positioning good, but passing / crossing very poor today. Trincao wasn’t great, we really missed Pod today. Traore did very little although he didn’t have much opportunity. To be honest, he looked like he was going through the motions, waiting for his January move and avoiding injury. Midfield was good most of the first half, less so second until Dendocker came on.

Bruno clearly didn’t want a defeat more than wanting to take a risk for three points. To be honest, if on average you win your home games and draw away, you’ll finish up amongst the European places. I’m fine with that until we have a squad with sufficient depth to push for the CL spots.

Result was fair. Norwich much improved but their forwards are clearly lacking confidence.

Credit to our fans for making the journey and being vocal despite the horrible conditions. Less so for some of the negative reactionary posters on this thread.

Last edited:

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not read the thread yet but my thoughts...

First half we played reasonable football at times in tricky conditions but as the clock ticked on the game became increasingly disjointed. Cody was struggling with puki, moutinho was overrun and leaving neves to keep us together. Trincao was playing inside right meaning he kept getting in everyone's way, then misplacing passes non stop.

Lage kept them in for a long half time break but whatever he said handed the game to norwich. We were atrocious second half, tactically and on a per player basis. When he finally made changes, he put traore on then shoved him out wide and seemingly told him not to dribble it. Absolutely pointless. Then we saw doncks come on for semedo and no one knew what formation we were playing. Both left and right sides of defence were totally overrun. Bad finishing and Sa kept us in the game.

Trincao and Huang were absolutely pathetic today, tho at least Huang runs. That was our main problem - nothing going forwards whatsoever leaving Jimenez on his own. We either needed to switch to two up front or hook the both of them, probably both. And that after 55 minutes frankly.

No idea why semedo went off, no idea why ait-nouri forgot how to pass a ball (worked hard but second half kept going nowhere), no idea why Traore has been dumped and then not played in the way that we know creates chances, and no idea what Lage was thinking tactically throughout.

A word on norwich. Worked hard but no quality. We really should have won this easily but norwich deserved 3 points. Sa mom by a mile.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not good but a point away from home in the Pl is always earned and not something to turn noses at
4 points from west ham and Norwich is good

To call today disgusting pathetic and embarrassing is entitled and childish, we are inconsistent it's frustrating but turning on Lage in 6th place is Shameful

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why can’t we be more fluid with our formation and set up during games? Not many teams are as rigid as us anymore and I think it’s costing us. It was obvious today and has been in many games we are struggling to create and need to change things. Go to a back 4, stick 2 up front anything to try and mix it up.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had majority possession today, 57%, and Trincao did the square root of **** all. He literally doesn't make forward passes and his only contributions are largely dribbling. People have this idea about him because he occasionally glides past a player that isn't matched by reality. Here is his shot/goal creation prior to today (which will go down obviously) by passing.

He is basically decent at pressing at times (although fades because of lack of fitness) and occasionally has a dribble but his barely creates a single thing every game and has just missed a couple of sitters thus far in front of goal.
If it forced us to get another wide attacker I'd be delighted he left without absolutely massive improvement
But does he not make forward passes because of our team? I remember watching him at Barca (I know), and he was good at the overlap pass that Barca always seem to do with the on-rushing full-back. He was a clever player and I thought we saw signs of that against Everton.

I presume we had the majority of possession today because it was all down to passing it sidewards in the back three. It was not sustained attacking pressure.

Agree entirely with your overall assessment of Trincao so far though. Needs to improve massively, I have slightly more faith than you (I think) that he could come good, but not very confident about him!

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the Bruno is clearly playing his 2 wingers very narrow, I'd recall MGW in Jan (along with Sanderson). He surely cannot be any more ineffectual than Trincao who is starting to look like a player who is just not suited to the physicality/pace of this league.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Points total I can't grumble at considering the lack of business in the summer but this inconsistency is extreme frustrating.

Positive, from the bits I saw, Jose Sa. Superb. And we didn't lose.

Interested in Brunos comments.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only players to come out of that with any credit were Sa, Coady and Kilman. Saiss and Neves OK (ish), the rest were poor. A point won or two points dropped? I would say the latter against a team in the bottom 2.
I'm glad to say, I'm away for the Burnley game so won't have to endure my wife's dirty looks for me shouting at the telly with utter frustration at our ability to string two passes together and compete for second balls.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the balance of the game, that is an excellent point for us. We were very much second best and Norwich should certain be taking home all three points.

I don't hold Adama with same reverence that others do, but surely he's got to be starting over Trincao.

Defenders were very good today and Sa bailed us out - as did Norwich's finishing.

But a word on Norwich, these were not the no hopers I was led to expect. They impressed me a lot and we were lucky to draw.
I my view Trincao is not physically up to the hurly burly of the EPL and is never likely to be. Why bring Adama on and then not give him the ball. In my view a point was a lucky one. Smith has certainly got Norwich wound up.
Our passing didn't seem to allow for the state of the pitch Underhit a few times.
Onwards and upwards.

Wolvescol

Groupie
Reaction score
Awful sxxt show , we went there with no intention of winning but just not to lose the game , midfield far to deep and Raul looked totally isolated as well as frustrated, I can’t think of an opportunity we created worthwhile, only chance was from Norwich messing around at the back and that was straight at keeper from mouts, we played with fear of getting beat , the shape looked like we were expecting Liverpool or Man City to come at us , have these players been told they are not allowed to score or break quickly unless the back three have all had a touch and recycled the play several times , not disappointed with a point but confused at the performance, mom Jose sa ,,

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Trincao is basically Grealish without the ability to buy fouls

L78

Reaction score
Just another typical wolves performance where we get outplayed by the lower team and hang on in the end so frustrating after the west ham performance

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A small point but why isnt Bruno at least putting the likes of Bueno, Richards and Campbell in the squad and leaving us so thin on options? I'm not saying they are certain starters or anything but all 3 are good players, yet he names 2 keepers on the bench and leaves a space free.

He doesnt appear to want to use any of our young players despite his reputation for doing so at Benfica. I would far rather he had brought Cundle on today instead of Hoever, for example or even to play in a three with Moutinho and Neves.

Will it be 3 or 4 keepers on the bench on Wednesday?

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why can’t we be more fluid with our formation and set up during games? Not many teams are as rigid as us anymore and I think it’s costing us. It was obvious today and has been in many games we are struggling to create and need to change things. Go to a back 4, stick 2 up front anything to try and mix it up.
We're crying out for another creative body in midfield, which can only be achieved by going to a back 4. I mean it's not as if our formation today stopped Norwich from creating chances. It didn't. What's plain to see is we are so light in the creative, attacking midfielder department. That is the root cause of our Jekyll and Hyde performances. We cannot decide on a consistently positive pattern of play and approach to a game of football, because we do not have the personnel.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Think it's down to a front 3 that just didn't work at all today. The CHs and CMs all did well, Semedo and RAN got pushed back amd when RAN did get forward he didn't achieve much. Raul worked hard with no support. A point was more than we deserved and Sa take much of the credit for that. Long day out for little entertainment, still we go again Wednesday.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointing really, So disjointed with no link up between midfield and attack, where are the runners?

Bruno still seems to be trying to find his way in this league and so far I’ve seen nothing to justify ditching Nuno

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No divine right to win every game.
OK certainly not at our best today.
However, nils each, another clean sheet and still 6th, ain't bad all things considered .
Bruno is frustrating with his substitutions though and leaves it very late, when it seems very obvious that changes are needed earlier, rather than later.
For example, Adama should have come on for Trincao at half time.
Atrocious weather conditions didn't help either side.
I'd have settled for a point and another clean sheet before KO, so unlike many on here, I'm certainly not unhappy with today's result.
PS: Sa really is proving to be an exceptionally good GK, and getting better as we progress.

Back
Top Bottom