Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle (A) verdict

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang out for six weeks. Our attack is stuffed unless Fraser and Chirewa, Lemina can step up. Bellegarde isnt a striker and never will be. I really worry such a promising season will just peter out now.
Still got cup

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Can’t blame Gary or the players. They’re absolutely at breaking point and unfortunately, we don’t have the squad depth to support them properly.

Took a gamble in January that our forwards would stay fit and unfortunately it’s backfired. Echoes of the Lage season where we didn’t strengthen in Jan and performances (and eventually results) tapered off. Understandable I guess given finances.

Anyway, just write today off. Give some of those who haven’t played too much recently minutes against Fulham and hope we have a couple back for Coventry.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang out for six weeks. Our attack is stuffed unless Fraser and Chirewa, Lemina can step up. Bellegarde isnt a striker and never will be. I really worry such a promising season will just peter out now.
Maybe we should go 5 4 1 try and win the midfield

Bentley
Semedo Bueno Dawson Kilman Toti
Lemina Doyle Bellegarde RAN
Fraser

Guessing Hwang, Cunha and Neto are out

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine advice @jos never worry about anything you can't influence, just enjoy a better season non of us anticipated.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did we "manage" the game for next week and beyond.
Can't remember the last time when we were so inept at St James Park; part of the master plan pethaps........
2022, Chris Wood 1-0 wasn't great either. We had more possession that day too and did nowt with it.

For me, today was frustrating in that we weren't carving out meaningful chances until an hour had lapsed. There was one point just before half time where I reckon we'd been passing uninterrupted for a good 2 minutes. As someone else pointed out we looked solid for the first 10 mins too. Not that it counts for anything!

SingleMalt

Reaction score
Positive is that we've seen off the Shi/Sellars Disaster act which would've seen us relegated quite easily IMO.

Let's face it - we'd all have taken this in August. Everyone.
Yep, a lot of clubs that trip up in the Premier League end up being relegated. We avoided that by bringing in Lopetegui and throwing money at some good targets for once.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massively plus we will probably lose Neto so a big hole to fill there
Probably not smart to anticipate ‘massive support’. Rather than be too disappointed, I’m keeping my transfer expectations somewhat low key.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shot ourselves in the foot with 2 of the 3 goals, the first being from a deflection, Newcastle didn't do anything special throughout the game to come out with that score.
Can't fault the players fitness levels but the sharpness was missing today which isn't a surprise after some tough matches and a lack of adequate strikers after the cunha and hwang injuries. Its going to be a tough few matches coming up if they don't get back quickly but the decisions to gamble on a small squad being adequate was made by the board.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too big a mountain to climb but after the confirmation this morning via the accounts of the reason we have a small squad and didn't gamble on signings it is what it is. Just hope we didn't pick up any more long term injuries

Great to see minutes for Fraser and Chirewa

Said on the comms, we are effectively safe now.lets rotate a little bit

Give the Buenos and Traore a bit more of an opportunity
A great time to give others an extended chance - our hand is now forced.

Try and gather points but not at the expense of further injuries and with a covetous eye on winning the FA Cup.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still got cup

Coventry at home with hardly any attacking players worries me to be honest. We have left ourselves woefully short on attacking players and I am sorry but that has to be at Jeff Shi and the powers that be fault. You could see this potential situation coming a mile off in January. There was money there as well but they left the bid for the Brazil player too late. You dont let two strikers leave and sign no one. To do that is taking a huge gamble and it looks like a gamble that has backfired on them. No blame at all to Gary and the squad though.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably have to promote the likes of Chiwome, Barnett to the first team squad now. Massive opportunity for some of our young attackers could be coming up soon.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are there any free agents out there we could take a gamble on just to help the squad until the end of the season? Its at the point now where this may have to be considered even just to help the players we have.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
One of those days I think. Newcastle seemed to get every break of the ball, and we were a little bit ragged. No complaints with the result but the scoreline felt harsh.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of those days I think. Newcastle seemed to get every break of the ball, and we were a little bit ragged. No complaints with the result but the scoreline felt harsh.

We've been luckless in both games against them this season.

Struggling to see how fate likes Eddie Howe when everyone else thinks he's a platinum plated ****.

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 ****/fortunate goals for them, thought we were pretty good second half but was never convinced that we would score....3-0 definitely flattered them.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Missed it all today, did Neto get injured?

loppers86

Reaction score
Today seems a strange day to do a "I told you so"... given the information has come out showing we LITERALLY had no choice.
which demonstrates shi’s UTTER incompetence in letting us get into this position.

He’s the CEO of a Premier League football team and we don’t have enough players! You just couldnt make it up!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
O'Neil just said Sa has a nock to his quad, and Neto has a tight hamstring, he's hoping both will be ok for next week
2HY.gif

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is that enough for two of Hwang Neto and Cunha to be back? Otherwise it ain't really going to help much.
Truthfully if we can’t beat Coventry with a front three of Fraser Sarabia bellegarde then we don’t deserve to be at Wembley. The defence and midfield should be creative enough for those three

Back
Top Bottom