Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle (A) verdict

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A game too far in all honesty, though need to acknowledge Newcastle also played midweek.

We had all the possession in the first half but nowt to show for it, other than a helping hand in both their goals. They took their chances and err we didn't create any.

Hope Neto being taken off was just a precaution. Was notable that we stopped passing it back to the keeper when Bentley came on, and that third was just farcical. Still, it was the only time the home fans came to life.

Safe travels back everyone, just the Metro for us fortunately

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Weekend ruined.

We had a few chances but overall they can bring on more quality than we can.

Hopefully Neto is okay.

I think fraiser needs a run in the team with our injuries.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too big a mountain to climb but after the confirmation this morning via the accounts of the reason we have a small squad and didn't gamble on signings it is what it is. Just hope we didn't pick up any more long term injuries

Great to see minutes for Fraser and Chirewa

Said on the comms, we are effectively safe now.lets rotate a little bit

Give the Buenos and Traore a bit more of an opportunity

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A game too far in all honesty, though need to acknowledge Newcastle also played midweek.

We had all the possession in the first half but nowt to show for it, other than a helping hand in both their goals. They took their chances and err we didn't create any.

Hope Neto being taken off was just a precaution. Was notable that we stopped passing it back to the keeper when Bentley came on, and that third was just farcical. Still, it was the only time the home fans came to life.

Safe travels back everyone, just the Metro for us fortunately
Agreed. No real cutting edge tbh. Really missing Cunha, as I only think Bellegarde currently should be a sub, goes missing too much

loppers86

Reaction score
i think we played ok. certainly not 3 goals worse than them. mainly the run of the ball was the difference.

we were without Cunha, Neto, Hwang, J Gomes and Sa in the second half.

lemina looks tired, doyle wasn’t so good today and bellegarde was a waste of space.

certainly not the end of the world though.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me that wasn't a 0-3 game, but I think we're running on empty and definitely missing our injured players, and it showed.
Newcastle are a good side with some of their first team players coming back from injury, so other than the scoreline, no complaints from me. We huffed and puffed but it just wasn't our day.

Onwards and upwards me babbies.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think Newcastle worked harder than us especially 1st half but the 2nd and 3rd goals we’ve conceded are desperately poor ones to give away. With a small squad and injuries piling up it’s inevitable we’ll have days like today. You should always take something from games though and I hope that even despite our injuries this convinces GON to drop the notion of playing Bellegarde in any position other than his best one. He was anonymous and at this level you need all 11 turning up. A word for RAN too you need to improve your game. He isn’t giving us enough to justify starting every week. Write this off get some bodies back from injury and plod on.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like a case of 3 games in 6 days has burnt us out and the injuries meant a lack of a cutting edge.

Thanks goodness that we have a week off and that will help with the legs ahead of Fulham next week.

Hope Pedro is okay and hope Manny gets a very comfy lift back!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today showed that when it comes to planning and building the squad over the last few seasons, Jeff has failed the manager and fans for years!

Too few options and leaving us with hwang and Neto to survive when both have troublesome fitness records was brain dead!

I called it at the end of the window and booom….. proven right!

We literally weakened the squad up to rely on injury prone players and too small a squad in an age where the games are longer due to the stop start nature and long added time periods.

Jeff seems to love to handicap our managers…..

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Injuries really catching up with us now, and GON persisting with Bellegarde left us with a central midfield two including a ponderous Doyle, which left us wide open to be pressed by a team like Newcastle. Some hari-kiri panicked defending gifted Newcastle a comfortable lead.

For the first 20 minutes or so of the second half we did stick with it and played pretty well, but the best opportunities for Sarabia and Bellegarde (header) lacked enough conviction to get us a foot back into the match. One of those days when you just need someone to scramble something into the net to give us a foothold, but it never came. 0-3 is flattering, but the third goal was a repeat of the issues at the back from the first half that had taken the game away from us.

Be thankful now for 7 days' rest as Shi's madness has left the club with such weak options to support our best XI.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pathetic performance. Especially the defending for Newcastles goals!!

Bellegarde is not a forward!!

Looked better second half but the game was lost as soon as we conceded. We never really looked like getting back into the game.

Very tired performance. Ground we never really do that well at either

Fraser and Doyle played well. I think that’s about it

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An immature performance, with some kamikaze defending and little quality in the final third. Regardless of how much of the ball you have or how slick your play is in spells, if you're crap at both ends it usually ends one way. With first-teamers beginning to drop like flies, we are now seeing the consequences of the Summer strategy - no better encapsulated than by the sight of a 15 year old on the bench.

SingleMalt

Reaction score
Today showed that when it comes to planning and building the squad over the last few seasons, Jeff has failed the manager and fans for years!

Too few options and leaving us with hwang and Neto to survive when both have troublesome fitness records was brain dead!

We literally weakened the squad up to rely on injury prone players and too small a squad in an age where the games are longer due to the stop start nature and long added time periods.

You sure you called it? I can’t remember a single post of yours about it…

fleck1

Reaction score
One of them draw a line through it and move on to next week. Huffed and puffed second half, some tired bodies and some key injuries.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Yep. Totally agree

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree totally, and why loan out Fabio? At least he’s an option, Gary must’ve thought there was a striker coming in yo let Fabio go

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
For me it was a pretty even game except the stat that mattered. I think GON got the starting 11 and tactics wrong. 2 vs 3 in the middle killed us on the transition. Especially without Gomes. It left Bruno G to dictate at times.

Dubravka decided today was the day he would learn to catch a ball aswell, which did not help. 2nd half the change of formation helped. We gave it a good go. Defending for 3rd was laughable and if I was Santi Bueno I would be knocking on GON's door Monday asking for a start.

Without a senior 9 we look toothless going forward which is worrying with some of the games to come. Were 10th miles above where I thoughy we would be in August. A weeks rest and a big game vs Fulham at home where we owe them after the away game. As long as GON and the players learn from defeats like this then you can accept an off day.

I never want to see Bellegarde as a false 9 again. I also want to see the end to the Nouri inverted wingback experiment. It has its plusses but we look far to fragile down the left when he goes wandering.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only thing that mattered from 4pm was the post-match interview about the injuries to Sa and Neto.

Unfortunately, we can't believe what he says though as he regularly tells porkies about injuries, as we saw today.

Feel really sorry for the fans who travelled. Waste of a day, and all down to the unacceptable squad size we've assembled.

Please don't act like it's a 'crisis' we have 3/4 first-team players out, which is par for the course with most.

Fingers crossed we get a positive update otherwise the Coventry game becomes a genuine 50:50.

As for the game, we actually played well for 15-20 minutes I thought. The first goal is incredibly bad. We're in total control and we somehow leave Gordon one on one with Kilman, how is this possible?

Toti missed a sitter which was key, but then more poor defending/goalkeeping for the second.

I'd given up on the second half to be honest, and it looked like the players had as well.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s ****. Can’t even stand out in a **** Scottish league. Would have done nothing for us today.

And JRB out of position is?????

He is a waste of a shirt right now as his confidence looks shot!

Play Fraser there next week, better than both in the central role.

If your good enough your old enough and Jesus he cannot be worse than JRB

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately one of those games. All three Newcastle goals had some element of luck. While our chances weren’t stellar, the Newcastle goalie still made some great stops to stop us getting back in it.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
One of those games, wasn't our day. Didn't play too badly. On to the next and hope Cunha will be back soon, and Neto and Gomes are only minor niggles...

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s ****. Can’t even stand out in a **** Scottish league. Would have done nothing for us today.
Well he’s scored premier league goals so he can’t be that ****, and for my money he’s much better 9 than Bellegarde, but you’re entitled to your opinion

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I swear some people seem to expect to win every single game!
Before the match I think the sensible majority would have very happily took a draw, ie we ultimately knew a loss was fairly likely.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never thought we had a chance when I saw the team. Our small squad is running on empty and I fear the season will fizzle out for us. However we keep going.
The cup should be the priority now. We aren’t going down.

Some ugly league points please and s cup final win with us in 11th and I will be very happy

Newcastle had all the breaks today and it happens.

Ref had another decent match .

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok, we lost.
Some pros and cons from this game.

What matters now is if Gary and the lads learn something from this as we come to the season run in, which usually separates the men from the boys.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d love to see Fraser get more minutes, rather him than Fabio any day of the week who I’ve completely given up on. A write off and the biggest mistake we’ve made in the transfer market in decades.
I’m not saying Fabio is great, I’m saying he’s better than the **** all we brought in! My gripe is with no signings, called it last month, got told to stop worrying. We could potentially be without our front 3, this is why you have squads in the premier league. 15 year old lads who’ve never had a sniff in the Carabao cup should not be relied on realistically.

O’Neill is performing miracles, but eventually it won’t be possible, I’d like him to have players at his disposal, this is the hardest league in the world, I think some on here forget this

How much is each league place worth? I think it’s roughly half a million, so it does matter. If money didn’t matter to Wolves they’d not put up the prices of tickets!

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ultimately, we can’t cope with losing 3 or 4 of our best players.

Thought there was a lot of effort second half though … that led to 2 or 3 decent chances. Credit to the players.

Dust ourselves down, hope that some of the injured are back soon and then go again.

Back
Top Bottom