Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle (A) verdict

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
We are safe in the league 100%
Prioritise the cup
Fulham in good form, do we need more injuries?

PSR means we will sell someone each season for the foreseeable. Next season looks like Neto. Guess who is his agent? Mr Mendes. The wheels have come off our season. Not much we can do about it without our best players.
Big Sam in before it's too late.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because they told us we will be within PSR by £2.7m if the worst case scenario plays out which is us finishing 17th.

We won’t finish 17th. So we’ll be a lot better off.
How do at least 83m surplus on player trading plus removal of several high wage earners from the squad amount to a 2.7m margin.

Surely the 2.7m claim, if it has any reality at all, relates to the position at the end of 22/23, which was determined back in January this year, when the Premier league decided who had breached the rules for the previous period, (which actually included 4 seasons).

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly, he did well at the start. Then there were more “football” people around……

They move on, he takes on their role and boom…..

Non football man making decisions.
Which “football men” role did he take on?? I can only remember like for like replacements

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two out of their three goals down to extremely poor defending. The first goal a lucky deflection to Isak. Thought we showed a lot of fight and had decent chances in the second half, notably Sarabia. Lads fought to the end. Not too disappointed given all that, enforced changes today and other key players missing. There's a lot left to fight for this season. Oh by the way, well done to Manny Singh for what he has done. Walking all the way to Newcastle. The man's not human! UTW!

You can’t fault the effort after a bloody demanding week for the lads and not enough strength in depth to allow them a rest or subs to save energy.

The fact we have lost Gomes, hwang and potentially Neto in one week shows that the squad isn’t deep enough and we are starting to get “over use” injuries.

Can’t fault the lads, when your knackered you make mistakes and yesterday’s performance screamed one of a team who were running on empty!

Blame the structure not the players or manager for yesterday.

The lads played well and fought hard, just for the first time in a while we got punished for the mistakes/lapses in concentration that we we hadn’t in the previous games, but that is the premier league. You make mistakes, expect to conceded a very good chance or a goal.

The lads tried hard and give up and that is all you can ever ask, regardless of the score line!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which “football men” role did he take on?? I can only remember like for like replacements

Fair enough, I thought when some people left from the management team from the championship season, he took their role on.

If I am wrong my point is invalid so forgive me on that one.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been covered and I missed it, but was there an explanation for Sa being substituted?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was the Chelsea fan from Mile End.
Sometimes old school managers get short term results
A Chelsea fan phoned up talksport last week and wanted big Sam in at Chelsea. He's in high demand.
I doubt he will get another job now age is against him and the warnock types

Who else is out there?? Jesse March lol exactly not many good coaches available. Let’s enjoy Gary while he’s here.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They don’t loose many at home, they’re getting all their players back and we’re loosing ours. It is what it is I won’t get to down best about it.

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Sometimes old school managers get short term results

I doubt he will get another job now age is against him and the warnock types

Who else is out there?? Jesse March lol exactly not many good coaches available. Let’s enjoy Gary while he’s here.
Gary is here for quite a while, but eventually will move on however not for a good period.

We will back him ,trusts those around him and understands reputations are made over 3-4 years rather than one.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gary is here for quite a while, but eventually will move on however not for a good period.

We will back him ,trusts those around him and understands reputations are made over 3-4 years rather than one.
We have to hope he doesn’t get poached. Liverpool or England come knocking could be a different story let’s hope that doesn’t happen

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
Can’t take any risks with Neto’s or Gomes’ hamstring next week.

Probably looking at something like:

Bentley
Kilman, Bueno, Toti
Semedo, Doyle, Lemina, Traore, RAN/H Bueno
Sarabia, Fraser/Bellegarde
I agree - wrap the players who are risks or need a rest in cotton wool.

I'd take Lemina out too and even Semedo another rest.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have to hope he doesn’t get poached. Liverpool or England come knocking could be a different story let’s hope that doesn’t happen
I say this with the utmost respect for our current coach, that I don't feel at this moment in time that he has the pedigree to be called on by a team such as Liverpool (that's not to say he wouldn't be in the future of course).
I would say that Villa fans would have more reason to be concerned than us right now.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn’t going to be but last minute Joao Gomes didn’t feel right so the lad got named on the bench. It’s also a way of showing the best young players we have a pathway into the senior team to avert them going elsewhere. @giantwolf and @JOS are better placed, but generally word has it that he’s a special talent, as are Rawlinson, Ballard-Matthews who are the same age?

Haven’t read the whole thread but just responding to a tagged message

A selection of academy players often travel with the first team for experience and so if something happened to Joao Gomes then as they’re 5 hours away, Wes gets a spot

Why Wes? Well he was there but he was there because he’s been impressive in the academy, he’s just won the u16s Federations cup with England (having played 3 games in a short space of time the previous week) so unlikely to have featured for the 18s, he’s also a talent so he’s understandably getting interest, the trip would have been one way of rewarding him and showing him such. He’s in very real danger of becoming another Leo Shahar so every little helps

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough, I thought when some people left from the management team from the championship season, he took their role on.

If I am wrong my point is invalid so forgive me on that one.
He’s never took on a “footballing” role. Be it Thelwell, Sellars or Hobbs there’s always been someone in charge of that albeit with different titles. Though as chairman much like any business he’s the ultimate one in charge of everything

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s never took on a “footballing” role. Be it Thelwell, Sellars or Hobbs there’s always been someone in charge of that albeit with different titles. Though as chairman much like any business he’s the ultimate one in charge of everything

Cool, thanks for clarifying mate.

I have Misunderstood the replacements based on title changes.

Back
Top Bottom