Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

MOTD Tonight

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve noticed recently even when we’ve played badly, they’re still managing to make us look good on the highlights.

Sign wim massive!

Gromit

Reaction score
Don't think we got the normal in-depth analysis the top six get.......oh hang on a minute!!

S

ShropshireLad

"It was just one of those things he couldn't help"
Seriously Eddie Howe?
Lip reading him he definitely said, “I don’t understand it” i.e. why he did it when he was sent off. As he also said in the interview, “...we have to support him" so I guess he doesn’t want to upset the apple cart.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do wish the commentators could pronounce names correctly.

Jimenez ffs JIMENEZ, say it like
hi me nez not ****ing hi may nayze.

Does my ****ing head in.

Rant over.

Actually
Joelinton, not bloody Joe Elinton.

if we had got beat today I would have been more annoyed by these ****s.

Commentators, DO YOUR JOBS YOU ****S.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Wolves get beat, I never watch it.

I was in Thailand semi final day, watching texts on a phone, have still never seen the Watford goals.

Same here. Hardly watched it during the McCarthy Premier League years :eek::D:oops:

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Does my ****ing head in.

Rant over.

Actually they say it right. Well, up until the z I suppose.

Berrylands

Groupie
Reaction score
They havnt got all night to be fair.
I know. But they often pick up on a talking point and Neto’s recent form and goals for a 19 yr old I thought would be the story. We know how good Traore and Jimenez can be, they’ve mentioned them loads in the past. Just thought it’d be good to give the young lad a spot in the limelight. He deserves it! Hopefully there will be lots more opportunities for the panel to sing his praises in the coming weeks!

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Linekar, Shearer and Wright full of praise for our forwards, what amazing times we are living in.
Much prefer the days of Mike Williamson,George Saville ,Lee Evans .Jon Daddy and Andy Weimann
I much prefer the football under Lambo :rolleyes:

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So a fair score would have been 1-3 to us, or 0-2.
Tbh at 1-0 I still thought it was 1-3 game. Only when it went 2-0 and we seemed to be making too many uncharacteristic mistakes was I in any doubt. Then as soon as it went 2-1 I felt we would at least get the draw. Tbf to them though at 2-2 with plenty on the clock it could have gone either way.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Wolves get beat, I never watch it.

I was in Thailand semi final day, watching texts on a phone, have still never seen the Watford goals.
Consider yourself lucky, some of us can't forget them...

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As far as im aware xG is the amount of good goal scoring chances created,i know there are other factors inbuilt but pretty much thats it

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me neither Jonzy, anyone care to enlighten us?
They give shots on goal a rating of how likely that attempt is to go in, add all the individual ratings up and that's your xG for the match. A shot from 30 yards has a low probability of being a goal so might be 0.02xG (1 in 50), whereas a penalty is I think 0.72xG. It gives a clearer indication of the type of chances created. So two sides, 50-50 possession, both with 10 attempts on goal, both 5 on target so the game looks very even from the stats on the face of it. But if the xG is 0.4 vs 3.2, the side with 3.2 has created the better chances while the side with 0.4 has probably been taking pot shots from distance

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As far as MOTD are concerned i think they are usually very fair with us,and Shearer especially praises us to the hilt when we are on
We cant expect to be praised for playing average or poorly,or to be on first and talked about every week in detail,as much as we would like that, there are other games and teams to be covered in a limited time

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Me neither Jonzy, anyone care to enlighten us?

It's just a more objective measure of when you come from a game shaking your head wondering how you lost when you made all the best chances. Last season we were well behind what we should have achieved IIRC, which really just means we were not very good at taking the chances we made. This year we are much closer.

We would be 5th, Leicester are obviously very good at taking their chances.

EPL xG Table and Scorers for the 2019/2020 season | Understat.com

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They give shots on goal a rating of how likely that attempt is to go in, add all the individual ratings up and that's your xG for the match. A shot from 30 yards has a low probability of being a goal so might be 0.02xG (1 in 50), whereas a penalty is I think 0.72xG. It gives a clearer indication of the type of chances created. So two sides, 50-50 possession, both with 10 attempts on goal, both 5 on target so the game looks very even from the stats on the face of it. But if the xG is 0.4 vs 3.2, the side with 3.2 has created the better chances while the side with 0.4 has probably been taking pot shots from distance
This. I think.

Long shaving the post and Redmond hitting the bar were near misses but we're not clear cut created chances where a goal might be expected.

shaygriff

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Does my ****ing head in.

Rant over.

Actually
Joelinton, not bloody Joe Elinton.

if we had got beat today I would have been more annoyed by these ****s.

Commentators, DO YOUR JOBS YOU ****S.
But do we pronounce NEVES correctly? I heard portugese tv saying "Nevsch"

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Innit funny the first year of Var and suddenly Bournemouth are struggling.

They are so, so down. We’ve all seen going down with a whimper. That’s them. Norwich are going to try and fail, through naivety, lack of quality and such, but Bournemouth are just dead men walking.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But do we pronounce NEVES correctly? I heard portugese tv saying "Nevsch"

It is if you’re Portuguese. Mind you, if the commentator is going to bother saying ‘hiMENez’, (going with the H for J and stressing second syllable as it should be) then might as well finish with ‘eth’ not ‘z’.
Half assing it is just silly.

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It is if your Portuguese. Mind you, if the commentator is going to bother saying ‘hiMENez’, (going with the H for J and stressing second syllable as it should be) then might as well finish with ‘eth’ not ‘z’.

Half of them still say Hota even though we've had Jose around for 15 years to make sure everyone knows the difference between Spanish and Portuguese!

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Sounds like a new game by Waddington’s

D

Deleted member 4023

It is if you’re Portuguese. Mind you, if the commentator is going to bother saying ‘hiMENez’, (going with the H for J and stressing second syllable as it should be) then might as well finish with ‘eth’ not ‘z’.

Half the pundits cant even speak english properly

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not understanding the fairly widespread dismissing of xG. Think it’s a good stat.

Not like it’s going to help you win games, but it does give indicators on quality of performance.
Look at the ones from the Citeh and Chelsea games.
The managers can hardly go in and give them a roasting after those, as realistically, both should have won comfortably.

lycophilos

Reaction score
Actually, to be totally pedantic, "z" is pronounced as English style "z" in Latin America (and in Andalusia too?). It's pronounced "th" in Castilian (official) Spanish.

Back
Top Bottom