Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cutrone lasted 73 minutes before being subbed, not doing much.
Pretty much sums up his loan unfortunately… ‘not doing much’

As stated… Patrick Cutrone started and played 73 mins as Empoli won 1-0 away at Atalanta. That was 30th appearance for Empoli in a loan that yielded just 3 goals

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of trivia about the Swiss top league, it's either next season or the season after they'll be expanding to 12 teams so there won't be any direct relegation other than the bottom team playing off against the top team from the challenge league

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of trivia about the Swiss top league, it's either next season or the season after they'll be expanding to 12 teams so there won't be any direct relegation other than the bottom team playing off against the top team from the challenge league
From the start of 2023/24 season so next season would be the one without relegation.

they’ll switch to a similar system as the Scottish Prem, where by instead of playing each team 4 times, they’ll play each other home and away and then split the league in two for a further round of games to decide Europe and relegation

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
Grasshoppers lost 3-0 to Young Boys. Bolla, played full game, Jordao, subbed 68 mins, and Sang-bin Jung, subbed 46 mins, Kayabe, played full game, started. Leo Bonatini unused sub. Grasshoppers finish 8th on joint 40 points with Luzern but Grasshoppers have a better goal difference so Luzern will play a relegation playoff.

Last edited:

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama starts tonight

Any news on what will we do with Cutrone nest season. Was a loan with and option?
Not really but it’ll be a significant loss either way..His contract expires in 2023 so he’s sold this summer for a relatively small fee or he has another loan and then leaves on a free.

Can’t see him taking one of the over 21 slots next season for us unless we’ve had another poor recruitment window.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sunday:

As described by @Rabid Wolf , Grasshoppers finished their season with a 3-0 defeat away at Young Boys. In a much changed team, Sang-Bin Jeong played 45 mins (from the start), Hayao Kawabe played 90 mins, Bruno Jordao was booked early on in a 68 mins appearance and Bendeguz Bolla also played 90 mins. Leo Bonatini was an unused substitute

Rebar Dadashov came on in the 56 min and already relegated Tondela lost 3-1 to Porto in the final of the Portuguese Cup. Vitinha scored for Porto

Adana Traore started and has so far played 45 mins as Barca trail Villarreal 1-0 at half time

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last night:

Leonardo Campana started and played 74mins at Inter Miami beat NY Red Bulls 2-0.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last night:

Jack Scott was an unused substitute as St Patrick’s got back to winning ways, beating Bohemians 3-0 at home

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Confirmation from Grasshoppers that Bolla, Jordao and Bonatini are all leaving at the end of their loans. Kawabe and Jeong stay until 2023 as planned:

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of my favourite threads of the season, many thanks for your hard work in keeping this updated @giantwolf

As others have said. Great work on this thread during this season, giant.

Thank you. It won’t go away…. This one will still be going over the summer owing to Jack Scott and Leonardo Campana’s loans to summer league clubs

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Confirmation from Grasshoppers that Bolla, Jordao and Bonatini are all leaving at the end of their loans. Kawabe and Jeong stay until 2023 as planned:

Further to the above…..

Hayao Kawabe and Bendeguz Bolla are two of seven names put forward for voting for Grasshoppers player of the season

Last edited:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Further this…..

Hayao Kawabe and Bendeguz Bolla are two of seven names put forward for voting for Grasshoppers player of the season

Giant can you make any sense out of us buying Kawabe?
I just don’t see why? Or who it benefits?
It’s not like he’s a youngster bought and loaned back to develop.
Grasshoppers made a loss on him,
It’s relatively small amounts of money but I can’t understand who gets what out of it?? Even if we’re just doing them some kind of favour I wouldn’t mind but it doesn’t really seem like that.

As far as I can see all it does is means we can loan them one less player next season, which arguably is a negative for both us and grasshoppers??

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Giant can you make any sense out of us buying Kawabe?
I just don’t see why? Or who it benefits?
It’s not like he’s a youngster bought and loaned back to develop.
Grasshoppers made a loss on him,
It’s relatively small amounts of money but I can’t understand who gets what out of it?? Even if we’re just doing them some kind of favour I wouldn’t mind but it doesn’t really seem like that.

As far as I can see all it does is means we can loan them one less player next season, which arguably is a negative for both us and grasshoppers??
Genuinely don’t know I’m afraid… could be any one or a mixture of the following:

1) a favour to GZ. I don’t know if we paid less than they did originally or not (have seen £1m quoted) but it may not have been all upfront… maybe we paid them more upfront than they’d paid out at that point to help with cash flow
2) Commercial reasons (although I appreciate that is lessened whilst he’s out on loan elsewhere)
3) Maybe they genuinely see a player there who they can let develop and then sell for a profit
4) maybe they genuinely think he could be a squad member for us if he develops

Re 3&4…. he is too good for Grasshoppers, their fans admit that and the stats also show it. In my opinion the Swiss Super League is a small step up from the J League and yet he has his best season to date… maybe he’s a late bloomer. Can’t see him playing for us though so my money is on 1&3 with a smidgen of 2.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuinely don’t know I’m afraid… could be any one or a mixture of the following:

1) a favour to GZ. I don’t know if we paid less than they did originally or not (have seen £1m quoted) but it may not have been all upfront… maybe we paid them more upfront than they’d paid out at that point to help with cash flow
2) Commercial reasons (although I appreciate that is lessened whilst he’s out on loan elsewhere)
3) Maybe they genuinely see a player there who they can let develop and then sell for a profit
4) maybe they genuinely think he could be a squad member for us if he develops

Re 3&4…. he is too good for Grasshoppers, their fans admit that and the stats also show it. In my opinion the Swiss Super League is a small step up from the J League and yet he has his best season to date… maybe he’s a late bloomer. Can’t see him playing for us though so my money is on 1&3 with a smidgen of 2.
I’d read that they had bought him for £1M then we bought him for £500k .

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d read that they had bought him for £1M then we bought him for £500k .
Yep, that’s what I’d seen… I guess the point I’m trying to make is we don’t know the structure of the deal and whether they were better off as a result. Bizarre for them to sell him for half price a few months after buying him otherwise… they have much less income than we do

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, that’s what I’d seen… I guess the point I’m trying to make is we don’t know the structure of the deal and whether they were better off as a result. Bizarre for them to sell him for half price a few months after buying him otherwise… they have much less income than we do
So what did we do for them? Player loans without fees? If anything we'd want fees paid for FFP purposes surely....

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So what did we do for them? Player loans without fees? If anything we'd want fees paid for FFP purposes surely....

Not sure what you’re asking as I was kind of trying to suggest the Kawabe was maybe a mutual benefit rather than one way.

That said, in response to your question about loans…. I cant imagine we’re in a position for any of our loanees to go out for a fee… wages covered maybe, a chance to develop for the younger ones (which is value to us) and a chance for the older ones to maybe get themselves in the shop window (again value to us if they do well). GZ get a boost up the leagues so they can continue on the road to return to former glories.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure what you’re asking as I was kind of trying to suggest the Kawabe was maybe a mutual benefit rather than one way.

That said, in response to your question about loans…. I cant imagine we’re in a position for any of our loanees to go out for a fee… wages covered maybe, a chance to develop for the younger ones (which is value to us) and a chance for the older ones to maybe get themselves in the shop window (again value to us if they do well). GZ get a boost up the leagues so they can continue on the road to return to former glories.
I was speculating. Many clubs do charge loan fees so.....

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today:

Adama Traore played 72 mins as Barcelona beat an A-League All Stars team (Australia) 3-2. Adama got Barca's second goal before being taken off straight after. Concidentally, another Adama Traore (left back) who plays for a team with the name Wanderers (West Sydney Wanderers), also scored for the A-League All Stars.

That was Barcelona's only match in Australia, having flown overnight straight after the Villareal game to get there. I would say that was Adama's last game for Barcelona (and certainly is as a loanee for this season), however there are still noises of Barca, not completely giving up on Adama just yet - more posturing regarding FFP (presumably an element of truth and also probably trying to drive the price down) and also presumably dependent on the outcome of Dembele's contract negotiations and what happens with Trincao

Sorry, I went a bit transfer rogue there, but it was related to the loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom