Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That could be an excellent loan move for Giles, but I’m quite surprised we’ve not given him a chance here now Marcel has gone.
Maybe it means we’re not going to play with wingbacks?
Or perhaps Boro are paying a sizeable loan fee .
Hopefully it means we are not seriously planning to sell either of our first choice wingbacks and are happy we have cover, without Giles. Which seems reasonable to me.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Meritan Shabani is currently training with Grasshoppers and is likely to play in their friendly tomorrow

Disappointed. I dont think we've seen the full potential of this player due to his injuries. I was hoping he would be one Lage would take a look at in pre season.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointed. I dont think we've seen the full potential of this player due to his injuries. I was hoping he would be one Lage would take a look at in pre season.
I know what you mean but he’s been out for the best part of a season and the lad needs games. He isn’t ready for our first team and having him sit on the bench won’t do him any favours no matter how desperate we are currently for players.

I suspect it’s with a view to a loan but given he’s got one year left on his contract, a small part of me is thinking he might be trying to impress for a permanent move

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know what you mean but he’s been out for the best part of a season and the lad needs games. He isn’t ready for our first team and having him sit on the bench won’t do him any favours no matter how desperate we are currently for players
True. Hopefully he'll develop and want to come back.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True. Hopefully he'll develop and want to come back.

Added to my post whilst you responded so you may not have seen it . I suspect it might be a loan but with his history, his contract situation, his age… a small part of me wonders if he’s on ‘trial’ for a permanent move

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m hoping that if Shabani has been loaned he signed a new contract first. I think there’s a player in there

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Added to my post whilst you responded so you may not have seen it . I suspect it might be a loan but with his history, his contract situation, his age… a small part of me wonders if he’s on ‘trial’ for a permanent move
You could be right. He'll be just the type of player fosun could make a significant return on if he comes good.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He struggled to get in to Grasshoppers team, I think he will be moved on before this window closes
To be honest, I think that was just a poor/unlucky loan. He would have suited a 3 which they played in the first half of the season. As things were going south for them they switched to a 2 and given Kawabe was one of their best players, there was little chance he was going to play as they’d need a more defensive minded midfielder alongside Kawabe

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hayao Kawabe started and Meritan Shabani came off the bench as a mixed (seniors and youth) Grasshoppers lost 5-1 at home to Schaffhausen in their opening pre season game

Last edited:

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He struggled to get in to Grasshoppers team, I think he will be moved on before this window closes
Kilman struggled to get into our team under Nuno. Not always easy to judge.
Also by some reports it seems it was a tactical decision which every manager makes as to style. From what I gather Grasshoppers did not do well at all so maybe their manager may be suspect.

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
Hayao Kawabe started and Meritan Shabani came off the bench as a mixed (seniors and youth) Grasshoppers lost 5-1 at home to Schaffhausen in their opening pre season game
Grasshoppers are really going to struggle next season unless they find a replacement goalscorer, If only we had a striker we could sell them who had a pizza song about him.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Grasshoppers are really going to struggle next season unless they find a replacement goalscorer, If only we had a striker we could sell them who had a pizza song about him.
If we are to get anything back for Cutrone it has to be this summer. Another loan is bloody useless (unless there have been loan fees involved that we don't know about).

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are to get anything back for Cutrone it has to be this summer. Another loan is bloody useless (unless there have been loan fees involved that we don't know about).

What a waste of money Cutrone has been, as we are paying his wages maybe a loan to Grasshoppers would be best for everyone, so far he has failed at every Team he has been loaned to may as well add another to the ever growing list.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Best guess seems to be that Cutrone is on over £50k a week with us. Saving that in wages will be very handy, alongside any small transfer fee we might be able to get.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jack Scott was an unused substitute for St Patrick’s as they conceded 2 goals in the final 6 mins to draw 2-2 away at Finn Harps

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a waste of money Cutrone has been, as we are paying his wages maybe a loan to Grasshoppers would be best for everyone, so far he has failed at every Team he has been loaned to may as well add another to the ever growing list.
Maybe U.S.A. would be more his level? Could follow Campania if they would have him.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Highlights the danger buying a player not keen to come and than fails to settle.Must admit I didn't see what the hype was with him.
I think with only a year left we should be able to move him on for a nominal fee if they pick up his wages.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ki Jana Hoever was absent from PSV’s opening pre season friendly as they beat BW Lohne of Germany 6-0. Ki-Jana is on an individual training regime to get himself up to speed with his new colleagues who began training at the start of the week

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a home bird… he’ll go back to Italy.
Could be at home in some parts of the States. More Italian than Italy, just like the more Irish than Ireland bits. Think you are right though. Maybe Switzerland is close enough?

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
Could be at home in some parts of the States. More Italian than Italy, just like the more Irish than Ireland bits. Think you are right though. Maybe Switzerland is close enough?
Toronto have always developed some Italians through the years… Giovinco is a classic example. They also now have Insigne

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems ronan would rather head back out on loan rather than be assessed by lage.

Help me out here…. Based on what did you reach that conclusion ?

If you’re thinking the bit about ‘he was keen to finalise a loan before jetting out to their training camp but was left disappointed’ I think the reporter was referring to the manager, not Connor

Last edited:

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Help me out here…. Based on what did you reach that conclusion ?

If you’re thinking the bit about ‘he was keen to finalise a loan before jetting out to their training camp but was left disappointed’ I think the reporter was referring to the manager, not Connor
You are right. Monday morning blurry goggles on.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bendeguz Bolla back at Grasshoppers for another season long loan

7EC10269-F619-48E1-AE05-FD87A57CC28B.jpeg

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jack Scott played his first 90 mins for 12 St Patrick’s games as they lost 2-1 at home against Shamrock Rovers

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Bendeguz Bolla back at Grasshoppers for another season long loan

View attachment 28564

Now this one I don’t really understand. Bolla was the standout player for Grasshoppers of the bunch we sent them… and we’ve just sent Hoever out on loan, leaving us with an injured Semedo and an injury prone Jonny as cover…

On the left, we have injury prone Rayan Aït-Nouri with injury prone Jonny as cover… and have just sent out Ryan Giles on loan.

What the **** Jeff Shi?

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cutrone had a decent first half to the season, used in every game and starting a fair few. But in the second half of the season he fell away again which is a shame.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cutrone had a decent first half to the season, used in every game and starting a fair few. But in the second half of the season he fell away again which is a shame.
But he ended the season with a very well taken goal. Let's just say it all eh?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Louie Moulden off to Solihull Moors for the first half of the season

A slight step up for Louie, having spent the 2nd half of last season on loan at 6th tier Ebbsfleet

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bendeguz Bolla, Sang-bin Jeong and Hayao Kawabe all started Grasshoppers 2nd friendly of the new season, losing 2-0 to Challenge League side Yverdon.

Bolla & Sang-Bin Jeong (who spurned a good chance in the first half) played 45 mins, Hayao Kawabe played the full 90.

That was Grasshoppers 2nd friendly defeat

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Best guess seems to be that Cutrone is on over £50k a week with us. Saving that in wages will be very handy, alongside any small transfer fee we might be able to get.
We paid most of his wages last year when he was on loan.

Even if he goes perm somewhere we will still be paying a chunk of his wages till contract runs down imo

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bendeguz Bolla, Sang-bin Jeong and Hayao Kawabe all started Grasshoppers 2nd friendly of the new season, losing 2-0 to Challenge League side Yverdon.

Bolla & Sang-Bin Jeong (who spurned a good chance in the first half) played 45 mins, Hayao Kawabe played the full 90.

That was Grasshoppers 2nd friendly defeat
Do you know what’s happened to Shabani @giantwolf - he didn’t feature or make the subs bench at all, maybe he’s back at Wolves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom