Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Goncalo Guedes.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I enjoy some of the Talking Wolves content but had to skip through the Guedes video as I have no idea what their obsession is with trying to pronounce the name as someone from Portugal would. A- it sounds ridiculous B- he's not called "Gedsh" FFS :tearsofjoy:
And this is why half our fans sound like Ron Atkinson on the Costa Del Sol. It doesn't take much to learn someone's actual name FFS. In fact it would be seen as welcoming and polite.

You're probably the kind of bloke that calls the Indian fella at work, Gary instead of Gaurang which is his actual name. It's the same syllables!!!

This really grits my **** btw.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When assessing wether Jeff & co DO have a plan I
When I watch Wolves I always end up thinking we need another Alfred N'Diaye like player in that midfield.
Exactly my thoughts too. He had some fire in his belly.
Love a player not afraid to grab the bull by the horns (or Preston player around the neck).

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Love a player not afraid to grab the bull by the horns (or Preston player around the neck).
It's ridiculous and infuriating that the most balanced the squad has ever been was that first season under Nuno.

A bit light up top but even that was addressed by signing Afobe.

That season the Thelwell/Mendes recruitment was spot on.

Mendes bought us Neves, Boly, Jota and Bonatini.

Thelwell signed Ruddy, Bennett, Douglas and Afobe.

What a team that was. Jota has never been replaced, Cavaleiro was never replaced, we missed Doc Terribly and now captain Coady - let's hope that's the right decision.

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Think you might like the new Traore.

At this stage he has a few rough edges, a touch impetuous but in time will be a better player.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think you might like the new Traore.

At this stage he has a few rough edges, a touch impetuous but in time will be a better player.
I was half way through constructing a comment on another thread so apologies if my reply was a bit strange.
I've seen a few clips, you can't really gauge a players attributes from a few select YouTube videos but at this stage, just having extra legs in midfield will be a welcome addition.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This man can do it at this level .
So let’s give him total support whatever .. He has purple patches . A confidence player .
He is capable of changing games .

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's ridiculous and infuriating that the most balanced the squad has ever been was that first season under Nuno.

A bit light up top but even that was addressed by signing Afobe.
We seriously lacked wing back cover for the first two seasons. Doc and Douglas in the first one - remember Ryan Bennett being roped in to do it when Doc was suspended, the only backup being Oscar Burr. Who made his debut, came on and scored the equaliser against Hull. I believe Bennett played wing back in the League Cup 0-0 with Man City, too. Jonny replaced Douglas, but there was a lot of complaining about having no cover for Doc, as he was key to how we played.

Banking on having no injuries in key areas seems to be the default for at least some who manage us.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We seriously lacked wing back cover for the first two seasons. Doc and Douglas in the first one - remember Ryan Bennett being roped in to do it when Doc was suspended, the only backup being Oscar Burr. Who made his debut, came on and scored the equaliser against Hull. I believe Bennett played wing back in the League Cup 0-0 with Man City, too. Jonny replaced Douglas, but there was a lot of complaining about having no cover for Doc, as he was key to how we played.

Banking on having no injuries in key areas seems to be the default for at least some who manage us.
Vinagre. Three first team quality WB's is as much as we've ever mustered these last few years.

I said it was the most balanced squad. I didn't say it was perfect.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clean forgot about Vinagre! He couldn't play on the right though, so Doc simply had to be fit every match for over 2 years.
Jonny would have moved to the right, as he did at Anfield for the 'VAR game' where we lost 1-0

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
"Three years waiting"

Been after him for a bloody while then!!

That’s very interesting.
Seems a lot of these players are earmarked. I didn’t believe the rumours that Sa would replace patricio years before it happened, it appears there may be some truth in it.

Is that mendes with him? It seems to be him/ his agent who says 3 years waiting if I’m not wrong?

GV Wolf

Reaction score
Looking at the video the ‘three years waiting’ comment is made off camera. I think it’s said by Jorge mendes who is in the previous shot as they walk through the managers door. Interesting!

henri_camara

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looking at the video the ‘three years waiting’ comment is made off camera. I think it’s said by Jorge mendes who is in the previous shot as they walk through the managers door. Interesting!
yep, his voice is the same as the shot in brunos office

Golden Wanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
Would also fit with me being told a couple of years ago by my Valencia friend who said he was going to join us. I stopped believing him after a while.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes Mendes made the 3 year comment
Obviously we have long term deals that Uncle Jorge is brokering
They may not happen when we would like but i think that comment proves we have a lot going on behind the scenes that we know nothing about
I wonder which of our current players he's already sold on, obviously Neves which maybe before September.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder which of our current players he's already sold on, obviously Neves which maybe before September.
Dont think theres anything obvious at all
Probable maybe,but im pretty sure Neves is here for the season now
Barca must be his ultimate destination next season,just hope they pay up what we want,no more favours plz

Back
Top Bottom