Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Goncalo Guedes.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked disinterested, thought he would be more direct but seems to run around aimlessly

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looked superb at spurs a few weeks later awful so our coaches have got hold of him.
Playing in the right place for spurs, needed a player like sasa next to him

Agreed the Bruno ball of left to right tiresome

Kennedy

Reaction score
Looks a shadow of the player we hoped we had signed.

I know a you tube compilation is very lopsided but the guy has played 5 games now and I haven't seen anything like I was expecting.

Getting used to the Prem or management issue?

Same could be said for a lot of em. Neto needs to look at himself also..

blakenhall wolf

Reaction score
Lage is responsible for getting him up to pace, getting him motivated, using tactics that get the best out of his players. Lage is definitely at least partly at fault for how **** our players look.
Lage hasn't coached him, he's just arrived in a new country to play in the fastest most intense league in the world.

But nope, Lage is making Guedes worse by poor coaching?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage hasn't coached him, he's just arrived in a new country to play in the fastest most intense league in the world.

He certainly hasn’t made him better. Supposedly Lage wanted him too, so either he’s a bad judge of player, or not getting the best out of a £30m signing.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Very few players from abroad start at pace. Nunes is much better than what we saw today.

Guedes I’m sure the same. Good vs spurs, defensively strong vs Newcastle , would just like to see some more positivity when on ball. Suspect that is confidence and getting up to speed. Same will be true for Guedes, Nunes and sasa. Easier for Collins as same league.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What about Haaland? Isak? Scored goals quick enough in that same intense league. Perisic has never played in this league before, has been on it from day one for Spurs. Or is the Portugese thing? Hasn't prevented Luis Diaz or any number of other Portugese players from settling quickly and doing well. So that doesn't explain it either. Could be the players we are getting aren't as good as their hype?

More likely there's something not right at our club that seems to be draining the flair out of all but the defenders and keeper we sign.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always like to see something in a player that you can at least persevere with before writing him off.

Guedes is a worry, done absolutely nothing.

Want to see something on Saturday, same with Nunes if I'm honest but I think he's playing too far up.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always like to see something in a player that you can at least persevere with before writing him off.

Guedes is a worry, done absolutely nothing.

Want to see something on Saturday, same with Nunes if I'm honest but I think he's playing too far up.

Agreed. Should be deeper, running from deep.

Don't understand why we're trying to turn him into a 10. Baffling.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks totally unsure of what his role is in the team as does Nunes. Get a proper head coach in to deal with these players.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Just doesn't look physically very good. My biggest worry, not quick and not big. Nunes has shown flashes of supreme quality. He just looks like a decent enough player.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
We had a break tonight. He took up a good position wide left. Moutinho pondered, dribbled, let 5 Bournemouth players run past him and then passed it out to the other side.

You won’t see a decent Guedes until Lage is gone.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes and Neto have offered absolutely nothing. Far too many of these technically gifted players who produce naff all. Both need dropping. And Jimenez.
Apart from Nunes hitting the crossbar tonight and Guedes getting the assist for Neves’s goal at the weekend. As for Raul, he did have a well taken goal disallowed at the weekend through no fault of his own. But hey, who needs facts when you have opinions!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Apart from Nunes hitting the crossbar tonight and Guedes getting the assist for Neves’s goal at the weekend. As for Raul, he did have a well taken goal disallowed at the weekend through no fault of his own. But hey, who needs facts when you have opinions!
Calling Guedes an assist is being somewhat generous I feel.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Who needs facts when you fail to read a players name correctly.

Where did I mention Nunes?

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly.. I think Podence in the hole will get more out of Neto and Guedes also.

I can understand the 3 in middle against Spurs away.. but not today, and hopefully not Saturday also

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who needs facts when you fail to read a players name correctly.

Where did I mention Nunes?
Well Neto created Neves goal against Newcastle and put Nunes chance on a plate today also..

The front 3 are okay, they’re just alienated the way we are playing, trying to make something out of nothing... When Podence came on, it immediately linked our attack back together.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well Neto created Neves goal against Newcastle and put Nunes chance on a plate today also..

The front 3 are okay, they’re just alienated the way we are playing, trying to make something out of nothing... When Podence came on, it immediately linked our attack back together.

On that I agree. We need that attacking link through the middle and Podence is the best fit for such.

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Calling Guedes an assist is being somewhat generous I feel.

For the Neves goal? It was he who passed it to Neves to score, and he was credited with it! Neto created the opportunity first, and after the Guedes assist, it was a brilliant finish from Neves.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

For the Neves goal? It was he who passed it to Neves to score, and he was credited with it! Neto created the opportunity first, and after the Guedes assist, it was a brilliant finish from Neves.
Yeah, it was a 5 yards pass sideways. A "technically that's an assist" assist.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Drew in 2 defenders, timed it perfectly to create space.. but sure, it was a 5 yard pass.
I mean it was a decent bit of play, but he received a ball and checked back then slid it to Neves about 10 yards away. If he'd have lost the ball or butchered the pass then that is bad play.

He did fine for it, but it is hardly jaw dropping or something to hang your hat on.

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bruno likes his wide forwards to stay wide. We need a manager that takes the shackles off.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Bruno likes his wide forwards to stay wide. We need a manager that takes the shackles off.
tbf we didn't as much against Leeds & Fulham, Jonny forces us too as he is holding hands with CBs until we get ball forward to him slowly and he takes 3 touches then turns inside.
Feel bad bashing him, what a player in his prime - don't think it is lack of effort other than disgusting show against Brighton H last year. It is Bruno's fault he is picked, defensively he is poor & offensively he is a defender for opposition.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think he does? Didn't he play something like a 4222 at Benfica?
Neto is a wide player naturally, but think Lage wants the full backs to offer the width.
He played a 4-0-6 against Brentford last year at home in the end and we still didn’t score.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Don't think he does? Didn't he play something like a 4222 at Benfica?
Neto is a wide player naturally, but think Lage wants the full backs to offer the width.
Yeah he basically always plays with inside fowards like most teams in the league. Players should switch it up more though, Neto looked pretty good on the left last night but worryingly he looks rubbish largely on the right which is where most the top left footers play.

He is starting to look a bit like a counter attacking player only at the moment.

Does he even get in Palace's starting line up for e.g? Maybe when Wilf isn't up front.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

The lack of intensity in our football is what's holding him back.

He's all action and direct. Being so slow paced it's removing what he adds
He isn't very quick though, real worry for me. I wasn't a fan of his last season, he had a good year so I was hoping to be wrong. I still am and he is obviously better than the utterly awful Trincao but needs to be higher up the pitch when he starts runs as he isn't really burning anyone for pace.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The lack of intensity in our football is what's holding him back.

He's all action and direct. Being so slow paced it's removing what he adds
Having Jonny on the left isn't helping him either. An inverted full back that isn't overlapping and is giving the ball away constantly. It kills our balance, everything in the first half felt like it came down our right, Semedo to Neto, back to Semedo, to Neves/Moutinho, very predictable and very easy to play against.

Back
Top Bottom