Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fulham Verdict

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think the blokes in the var box have ever played the game.the game has gone to the dogs

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Away from VAR, I think GON needs criticism for bring Doc on ahead of Bueno.

He completely stifled our attacks down the left, every time Doc received the ball he wanted to play back inside.

Couple that with our right hand side getting absolutely rinsed (as per usual) - the full backs didn’t have a great day.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful game. We looked flat and lacklustre and kept giving the ball away. How many penalties are we going to concede this season? We have had some good results and performances this season, but it is soul destroying that we keep losing games like this and Sheffield United. It is as it is and my main ambition for this season is still that we avoid relegation. Hardly inspiring.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope the penalty decisions and our performance don’t get too conflated because both were shocking tonight.

GON makes some baffling decisions, especially on the road where we’re a completely different team.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Draw would have been a fair result, certainly didn't play well enough to win. Ref and VAR awful. Soft pens.

What's more concerning is 1) how quick we always seem to concede and our slow starts to games meaning were always coming from behind 2) sticking legs out in the penalty box is a recipe for disaster with the state of the officials in this league

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No argument that we were not at our best.
Should have been a draw but as usual were were robbed by questionable VAR rulings.
.Cant understand why GON took Bellegard off in exchange for Sasha??
Now we have to face Arsenal with no CM!!
V.fed up... :mad:

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hiw can it possibly be a yellow. Its either a red or nothing

Violent conduct is a red no grey areas the ref obviously saw it or he wouldn't give a yellow... why the hell aren't VAR questioning the decision.

I do think if it was Hwang who got headbutted they would've been down to 10 its ridiculous.

The ref will be in the Championship this weekend no doubt but little consolation to us.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Away from VAR, I think GON needs criticism for bring Doc on ahead of Bueno.

He completely stifled our attacks down the left, every time Doc received the ball he wanted to play back inside.

Couple that with our right hand side getting absolutely rinsed (as per usual) - the full backs didn’t have a great day.
I agree.. not so much on blaming anyone.. but, we needed Bueno for balance today.

Not taking anything away from Doc, I love him for what he does.. but, it took away the balance from our team.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we were absolutely ****e for most of the game. So were Fulham. It was a game short of quality, and another game against a **** team that we’ve completely failed in. I still think we’re just not a very good football team, but fortunately have been able to raise our game against some of the big boys. We repeatedly put in stinkers against teams we should be aiming to beat and today was another one.

Having said that, we’ve been shafted yet again by two decisions to award a penalty for dives. Rewarding cheating against us, yet again. The decision to overturn the second one is absolutely mental.

Kilman doesn’t go down, Vinicius gets a yellow card… because a head but where you don’t knock your opponent to the floor is only a bookable offence?

VAR is not fit for purpose in football, too much subjectivity involved. It has absolutely killed the game. I have a home and away season ticket, Sky Sports, BT Sport, Amazon to watch this shambles. It costs a bloody fortune. I think I’m going to cancel it all, I just don’t enjoy the game anymore thanks to VAR.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman gets headbutted but because he doesn’t roll around on the floor it’s only a yellow?
I prefer sporting conduct and always have, but if officials are going to keep cheating Wolves, then Wolves are going to have to 'play the game', it is the only logical response. I admire Kilman's honesty, but if he goes down holding his face, with our teammates swarming the scene and demanding action from the officials, there is a very good chance Vinicius ends up walking, and we leave with either a point or all three. Instead, we have nothing and have lost to another side around us in the table.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Truely awful setup awful decision to bring on Doherty when it was clear playing through the middle would've benefitted is, second half we didn't address it and were a total non entity going forwards. Cowardly tactics.

A draw would've been fair on the general play but the corrupt officiating made sure it wasn't. Yes corrupt, take a look at how many different things were being checked to find something wrong with our penalty, no interest in giving a clear headbutt, no 2nd yellow for the offending player on hwang, no more than a split second looking at a handball appeal at the end had that been the other way they'd still be looking for something now. Yellows for barely fouls yet they can go through the back of our players and nothing.

Corrupt.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't really comment on their pens, ours was softish. What I can say though is that a 12 hour day to spend 15 minutes watching a ref stand around in the middle of the pitch chatting while someone in a TV studio decides whether we're allowed a point isn't what football's about for me.
Ours was stonewall he took his legs - but still can’t believe we got one

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A headbutt isn't a red card now if the player doesn't go down. That's apparently the rule.
Ref had a clear view of it too and obviously saw it as he gave him a yellow, practically every over similar incident has been a red, hard to believe the ref didn’t see it that way or that VAR didn’t upgrade it to a red

Last edited:

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We’re not big enough to be worth the bother with VAR, refs will keep shafting us as we’re not important enough to the product.

You can replace Wolves with any other club.

You can’t do the same with the Sky 6
So why aren't any of the other 13 non-sky 6 clubs getting shafted like this?

I'm as level-headed as they come. I do not generally subscribe to conspiracy theories but even I'm struggling to comprehend the current situation.

I can only imagine what GON and the players are feeling at the moment.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No argument that we were not at our best.
Should have been a draw but as usual were were robbed by questionable VAR rulings.
.Cant understand why GON took Bellegard off in exchange for Sasha??
Now we have to face Arsenal with no CM!!
V.fed up... :mad:
Sasha on for the player most likely to supply him the service he needs.
Doyle on for Cunha seems to signal playing out a draw when we were on top.
Sarabia not given a minute after surely finishing the last game on a high.

Strange tactical decisions.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why take off bellegarde... Good for a draw but that's all kilma rolls vinicus gets a red

Some haphazard refereeing if the first one is pen you can't overturn second

But sasa no option really

Cunha and bellegarde are the attacking options

Bueno had a good game

Doc was gassed couldn't get up and down really missed ran

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taking the VAR decisions out of the equation.

Started slowly and losing RAN unbalanced us. When we stepped up a gear we were the better side.

Second half was poor, even though we created chances.

GON‘s subs tonight were poor. Why put Sasa on without anyone to deliver? Why did we play for a draw with 15 to go? Gomes walking a tightrope stays on for the 90?

Big wins at home can’t cover up for very poor performances on the road. Luton, Sheffield Utd and now Fulham. All teams below us, all of them dominated us for long period. This is why I’m not on the GON bus.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
We were poor, probably deserved a draw..

Can't get my head around the 2 pens. Crap 3-2 game.

Atwell should never get involved with the 2nd pen once it's not given on field. So annoyed and angry.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So why aren't any of the other 13 non-sky 6 clubs getting shafted like this?

I'm as level-headed as they come. I do not generally subscribe to conspiracy theories but even I'm struggling to comprehend the current situation.

I can only imagine what GON and the players are feeling at the moment.
Fair point and one l can’t answer!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Make no mistake though, that performance just wasn’t good enough against such a poor side.

Luton away, awful performance.
Bournemouth away, poor performance until they went down to 10.
Everton away, very poor but stole a win.
Sheff Utd away, awful performance.
Fulham away, poor performance.

Fortunately, we’ve managed to raise our game to get 8 points from City, Spurs, Villa and Newcastle otherwise we’d really be in the ****.

We cannot keep putting in these kind of performances against the teams around us, it’s not acceptable.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
VAR bla bla bla

Keep conceding first
Conceded 3
Conceding too many generally
Lost to Sheff Utd, still not over that
****e on the road
Keep giving refs decisions to make
And where's these famous GON tactics I'm hearing so much about?

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
We didn't deserve the win, but neither did Fulham.

We looked to play the killer ball too often today and didn't retain possession well enough for my liking. Can see the logic in trying to get behind Reem but thought we made it too obvious at times.

Thought both our wing backs post the RAN sub were poor. Doc just killed momentum and Semedo got caught out too many times after getting dragged out of position by Willian.

Losing out on 1 point tonight isn't hugely significant right now in terms of the bigger picture but the suspensions / injuries are going to start taking its toll. Don't imagine us getting anything out of Arsenal given no Gomes or Lemina so need to ensure heads don't drop, and GON keeps his, to ensure we stay on track.

Back
Top Bottom