Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fulham Verdict

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
Most have said it all already…. I will add that Cunha took his goal well for someone who nobody rates as a goal scorer, Hwang absolutely buried the only actual penalty of the night.
Fulham played pretty passes at times but Sa didn’t need to save many, deserved a draw nothing more, but must be pleasing to GON that we keep going when we’re behind, and we’re scoring more, but I wish we could pass it about and keep holding the ball further up the field, that way we wouldn’t defending in the box to give the var chances to punish us.
Think we’re in for a big defeat on Saturday and will see arseh0les celebrating like they’ve won the World Cup

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because we don’t have an abundance of full backs that’s why.

Doc isn’t rusty, doc is absolutely shot as a player now. Big difference.

But surely if he’s on the bench he can play?

Think that’s harsh on Doc tbf. He’s also come back from a groin strain so probably about as fit as Bueno.

I mean Christ, we even had Johnny in the bench!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Salisbury admitted the Semedo one should have been overturned. And of course he initially said no to the other one. So it's the VAR who effectively screwed us both times.
I blame Attwell for this not Salisbury, players diving on slightest contact makes it nigh on impossible to ref. Kilman dives they get a red, it shouldn’t be like this

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent interview from Gary there. Genuinely excellent.

Also....is that.....ANOTHER APOLOGY?

GET IN!!!!

3! TOP OF THE LEAGUE! YOU'LL NEVER SING THAT!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
What’s GON said? I turned it off in the 191st ****ing minute.

That Vinicius and Ream should have been sent off (personally, I don’t think Ream should be. Attempts to get the ball but Hwang gets their first. Penalty only is the right decision for me).

That the referee has watched the Semedo one with him and thinks he should have been sent to the monitor as he has made a mistake. Said that doesn’t help him, the players or supporters who have made a long journey.

Said he and the ref disagree on the last penalty. GON says there isn’t enough contact for Wilson to go down. Ref disagrees.

Said he is trying to be grown up and behave in a respectable way but that we may have to consider making more noise around this. Doesn’t want to as he wants to be a decent human being and for his players to play the game in the right way.

Says decisions impact his reputation, our progression as a club and people’s livelihoods. And that whilst he was always a supporter of VAR, the fact this has happened so many times is making him change his mind.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite the dodgy decisions, poor display and poor result. Still think we are lucky there are 3 teams nailed on for relegation so the pressure on us isn't as bad as it could be.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
Fulham's first pen is baffling... Again, how on earth that can be viewed on VAR and be upheld is beyond my comprehension.. Semedo has got the ball and made no contact with the player.

Our pen was soft and is open to interpretation as was their second even more so, but both fall into the 'seen them given' category.

Also, as clear a red card as you'll see for the headbutt on Max.. Outrageous!

We were below par tonight and seem to struggle with our intensity against these lowly teams and that's something GON needs to address. But make no mistake, with competent officiating we get at least a draw.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite the dodgy decisions, poor display and poor result. Still think we are lucky there are 3 teams nailed on for relegation so the pressure on us isn't as bad as it could be.

We just need to find a way to transform our home form into away games. I feel like we are too passive away from home and allow teams to control midfield too much.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But surely if he’s on the bench he can play?

Think that’s harsh on Doc tbf. He’s also come back from a groin strain so probably about as fit as Bueno.

I mean Christ, we even had Johnny in the bench!
Bueno been out a long time and only just returned to training, he’d have been expected to play 75-85 mins.

Saw a bit of Doc at Madrid last year and since he’s been back here, he looks like pre Nuno era Doc where he’s carrying too much timber. He wasn’t quick to begin with but right now looks waaaaay off the pace

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I blame Attwell for this not Salisbury, players diving on slightest contact makes it nigh on impossible to ref. Kilman dives they get a red, it shouldn’t be like this

And me. Attwell is culpable for every decision against us tonight. The one thing Salisbury got wrong was not sticking by his decision for the 3rd penalty, but then again none of them ever do do they?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And me. Attwell is culpable for every decision against us tonight. The one thing Salisbury got wrong was not sticking by his decision for the 3rd penalty, but then again none of them ever do do they?
Only when it’s against us, was it Oliver? Refused to overturn a Leeds goal

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I felt Fulham’s attacking interplay was far better than ours . We don’t seem to be able to switch that on against the weaker teams .

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
I just don't like football, results aside, it's just not in a good place at the moment.

Cost is insane, fixtures all over the show, oil state required to compete, ever increasing gap.

The day the bubble pops and it all fails will be great.
I think a lot of people are still going despite of the football as ridiculous as that sounds. Just the chance of an odd piece of magic, a turnaround like the other week and the camaraderie/buzz of the atmosphere.

But VAR and the cost is slowly killing it, at least for the average working class supporter it seems.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Except Salisbury who did against Leeds last season.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bueno been out a long time and only just returned to training, he’d have been expected to play 75-85 mins.

Saw a bit of Doc at Madrid last year and since he’s been back here, he looks like pre Nuno era Doc where he’s carrying too much timber. He wasn’t quick to begin with but right now looks waaaaay off the pace

Even if Doc has been fit, it was completely the wrong decision to play him at LB.

Toti has been good at LB, but would’ve meant changing to a 4 which he probably didn’t want to do

Autistic Kangaroo

Reaction score
Now I’ve allowed the dust to settle and a degree of relative calm has descended I would like to make it unequivocally clear that I consider Attwell a cheat.

I also think has done this to us before.

But then again so have many others.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve reached the point now where I actually don’t care.

I don’t care if they were penalties.
I don’t care if it was a red card.
I don’t care if the ref should or shouldn’t have been sent to a monitor.
I don’t care that we’re the club most hard done by.

I just want the sport I grew up on, this brilliant and erratic and breathless game, not to be made into something completely and utterly ****.

Sadly, it’s been done and I don’t think there’s any way back for it in the 15/20 years I have left on this planet.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Subs were poor - not sure what Sarabia has to do to get minutes and Sasa is rarely threatening without wide men to deliver. Understood the Doc one though .

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The most frustrating thing is that all the other decisions have been crap on-field decisions that supposedly VAR could do nothing about. Tonight the ref actually made a very good on-field decision yet VAR intervened to shaft us anyway.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve seriously upset someone at the premier league or the refs association. Fulham being awarded two goals for that was outrageous really. They were ridiculously lucky to finish with 11 too.

SydneyWolf26

Groupie
Reaction score
this is such a hard league, but our players need an extra 10-20% just to overcome the officiating. I really hope it galvanises them, cannot fault their effort and togetherness thanks to GON. Just not at the races tonight, and that isn’t exclusive to GON or this group of players, been this way for us for years now.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
*VAR sucks
*Sarabia robbed
*Severe lack of subs is getting annoying
*3 pens in one game cause VAR sucks
*You can now headbunt players without a red.
*Traore and Doyle against Arsenal... **** me.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re too ****ing nice!

In the first half when Lemina robs Leno off the ball he tries to pulls the ball back and the chance is gone. However, when the pass is released Leno is flying in in Lemina. Lemina jumps out of the way. If he had held his ground it’s a blatant penalty as Leno would have taken him out.

Vinicius headbutt on Kilman. For me that should never be a red, but in the world of football it should have been. The problem is Mac stands up to it. Guaranteed, the other way around, Vinicius would have rolled across the pitch to get Max sent off.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if Doc has been fit, it was completely the wrong decision to play him at LB.

Toti has been good at LB, but would’ve meant changing to a 4 which he probably didn’t want to do
Exactly why it wasn’t the wrong decision. Bueno wouldn’t have lasted the remainder of the game so we’d end up subbing a sub

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also let’s talk handball, if it’s handball at Luton why isn’t that tonight? I don’t think it is, but nor was Luton, who’s making these subjective decisions? One person on VAR? 2? 3? Why is it a handball in one game but not another?? Why did we only see one quick replay not lots from slow down angles to make it look worse??

Nige

Reaction score
Didn’t deserve to win but my god, you cannot deny that people want us out of this divisio
We was poor. Did we deserve to lose? No

Bellegarde probably our best player, no idea why he was taken off.

As for the fulham penalties the first one wasn’t I can’t comment on the other as I didn’t see it.

We lacked creativity which is what I said before the game regarding the line up!!

Unfortunately we needed to get something here before the battering against Arsenal.

Tonight is clear, away from home especially the corrupt VAR team have an agenda against us. Couldn’t wait to give everything to fulham. They wanted them to win so much. The game of football was ruined.

Look forward to Burnley now as Saturday is a complete right off for me. Doyle & Bellegarde in the midfield. At least it will be creative!!

Final word about tonight. Clown officials for a joke of a league!! **** the FA & PL and their poxy agenda
Agree Bellegarde is now our most creative player To take him off was criminal. If your going to take off a midfielder it has to be Gomes. Been so disappointing this season and always gives the ref a decision to be made cannot read the game at all. another player not living up to the hype.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a lot of people are still going despite of the football as ridiculous as that sounds. Just the chance of an odd piece of magic, a turnaround like the other week and the camaraderie/buzz of the atmosphere.

But VAR and the cost is slowly killing it, at least for the average working class supporter it seems.

I think that's right. It's got to the state now, for me, that after 50 years of enjoying it, I now only watch it through compulsion. I admit it! If I had a free choice, I wouldn't bother. I will still watch, as I said, but only because of that addiction. That is different to how it was.

The game has this vague rotten feeling about it now. 90 mins of players trying to con the ref. And a mere handful of ultra wealthy clubs who just buy up every one. It's not a level playing field, not a fair, *sporting* game any more. The main argument for VAR in the first place was a few key decisions that cheating players never owned up and gained big advantage - the Thierry Henry handball v Ireland, the Maradona handball.

And the lesser cheating and diving is incessant now. If there's a way to con the ref, the players try it on. And the officials and pundits are all in on it. They are reluctant to call it out, to keep the whole illusion of a fair game that anyone could win going. You don't have to be a body language expert to spot all the simulation, yet they try and say there was contact, so he was "clever to win the penalyy". (exactly that said about Wilson tonight, a known theatrical actor yet gets praised for cheating).

It's all going professional wrestling - or Harlem Globetrotters basketball. If those running the game could have the same 16 clubs in European competion every year, playing each other every week, they would. And they seem to be pretty good at manufacturing that situation.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're still too naive.
Kilman should've been rolling on the floor.
If we don't play dirty, we will rue those decisions when they happen against us.

The ref was an absolute farce.
Tim Ream should've had 3 yellows, and Vinicius should've seen a red. Clearly.

Now on to the penalties...
Very, very, VERY soft, but again, we're sticking a leg out in the box. We need to learn from that.

What can we do when an opponent has the ball in our penalty area? Just stand there? Politely ask him to give us the ball?

Can anyone who plays the game please tell how you can get the ball off an opponent without projecting your leg forward enough for them to hurl themselves over it?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We just need to find a way to transform our home form into away games. I feel like we are too passive away from home and allow teams to control midfield too much.

Could that be something to do with weak referees being swayed by the home crowd? Both Luton and Fulham matches, noticable how many decisions went to the home team. Yet in recent home matches, most of us have been saying how fair the ref was. That has to have some effect? Is it coincidence we are just getting more even refereeing at home?

<EDIT> Oh yes, Sheff Utd, too. All these matches, had to be 60/40 siutuations before the ref even thought about giving anything to the away team.

Fulham knew early on, they could get stuck in and get away with it. Where we knew that the slightest el collapso from a Fulham player and they would get a free kick. It was like it from first minute to last.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
The only decent referring performance was spurs and Man City.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Could that be something to do with weak referees being swayed by the home crowd? Both Luton and Fulham matches, noticable how many decisions went to the home team. Yet in recent home matches, most of us have been saying how fair the ref was. That has to have some effect? Is it coincidence we are just getting more even refereeing at home?

<EDIT> Oh yes, Sheff Utd, too. All these matches, had to be 60/40 siutuations before the ref even thought about giving anything to the away team.
Newcastle was poor officiating

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle was poor officiating

Oh yes - forgot that one! It's every week. Noticed on the general internet comments, plenty of neutrals who watched tonight are asking if the league have something against us, because every time they watch us, we are on the wrong end of seriously dodgy crucial decisions.

Nige

Reaction score

Very mature, calm and eloquent interview here by Gary.
The way he spoke in that interview was brilliant .
He managed to express his thoughts that should not get him in trouble either with bans or fines.
I doubt very much any of us on here could of spoken like that . Fair play to him .
I would have throwing around quotes such as Clown world etc.
The Premier League really is in chaos right now withe level of the officials. Its like going to the newsagent and buying a lucky dip on the lottery. You just never know what you are going to get.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think the club and team are allowed to protest the PGMOL because of their position.

I do however think the fans are allowed to.. a well structured argument will either tell us we are right, or wrong.. I am fairly certain we are right, but no harm done finding out.

Back
Top Bottom