Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fulham Verdict

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What's the point in bothering. Am I **** going to the Christmas eve game... having a ref put me in a bad mood.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Totally ****ed off with the game now. Both penalties very contentious ref doesn’t even blow for one but VAR gets involved to ensure we lose the game. Kilman gets headbutted but because he doesn’t roll around on the floor it’s only a yellow? Ream on a yellow prevents a goal scoring chance no second yellow? What in the actual **** is going on? Commentators, TV, radio pundits etc are all condoning and complicit in the shambles our beautiful game has become because none of them are calling these **** refs and **** VAR out. I only ever watch Wolves because my love for the game is over except for my love of Wolves.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
We're still too naive.
Kilman should've been rolling on the floor.
If we don't play dirty, we will rue those decisions when they happen against us.

The ref was an absolute farce.
Tim Ream should've had 3 yellows, and Vinicius should've seen a red. Clearly.

Now on to the penalties...
Very, very, VERY soft, but again, we're sticking a leg out in the box. We need to learn from that.

I hope GON gives them hell in his post-match interview. We need answers ASAP from the Premier League.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Draw would have been about right, we weren’t at our best. Just seen the penalty incident again though, how is that any different to the ones against Newcastle and Sheffield, both of which we’ve been told shouldn’t have been penalties.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our level is mid table. So we're going to be involved in very tight games far more often than not. Testament to our results this season in which all but 2 games have been either a draw or decided by a solitary goal.

This means that during such close affairs officiating is going to play a big part. Would any of these penalties have mattered were we Man City? No, because we'd already be 2 or 3 goals ahead. But we're not. We're invariably immersed in encounters in which time and time again small margins make a huge difference. And by some incredible run of bad luck, we've been on the wrong side of a coin toss 5-6 times this season.

And you find yourself wishing that we'd join in with the cheating. If Kilman goes down like he's been shot then Vinicius is 100% sent off.

It's incredibly frustrating and I wish I could do something about it without getting arrested.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny how the “clear and obvious error” standard is upheld when the on-field decision is a soft penalty against Wolves, but is overturned when the on-field decision is to not award a soft penalty against Wolves. Anyone who thinks the refs don’t have an agenda against us needs their heads examining. It's like swimming against a riptide at this point, enough to make you fatigued, embittered and apathetic.

Besides that, more Jekyll and Hyde stuff from us after the elation of the Spurs game. We are still wobbly at the start of each half in these sorts of games – I don’t know what the stats are conceding in the first 15 of each half but I bet we’re right up there, and GON needs to find a way to keep us solid in those periods. Lemina and Gomes both missing for the Emirates doesn't bode well...

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR is a farce, overanalysing the game and creating far more inconsistent officiating than there ever was before.

However, it was another mediocre away performance. The initial setup (4-4-2 it looked like?) did not work at all and Fulham really should have been 2 up within 10mins. Not much of an improvement on the Sheffield game really.

Alright picking up the odd unexpected win at home but our away performances really haven't been good enough under GON.

For all of the plaudits we've received in the media at times, if not for Everton's point deduction, we would be 6pts off the relegation zone. It would be nice to start to be able to look up towards a top half push but these sort of results are going to keep us stuck among the lower midtable sides at best.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better team won….their passing a bit better, sharper, possession.
We made chances but so did they.
Sasa invisible,

and we made it too easy for the ref to award penalties and yellows.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We was poor. Did we deserve to lose? No

Bellegarde probably our best player, no idea why he was taken off.

As for the fulham penalties the first one wasn’t I can’t comment on the other as I didn’t see it.

We lacked creativity which is what I said before the game regarding the line up!!

Unfortunately we needed to get something here before the battering against Arsenal.

Tonight is clear, away from home especially the corrupt VAR team have an agenda against us. Couldn’t wait to give everything to fulham. They wanted them to win so much. The game of football was ruined.

Look forward to Burnley now as Saturday is a complete right off for me. Doyle & Bellegarde in the midfield. At least it will be creative!!

Final word about tonight. Clown officials for a joke of a league!! **** the FA & PL and their poxy agenda

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll finish below Everton thanks to PGMOL.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a pen
Just about a pen
Just about a pen ( but Wilson made sure he went over Gomez leg)
Red card head in face

No point really commenting on the rest of the game when the result is decided by the ref/ VAR

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The penalty decisions for Fulham are very debatable at best.

Fulham should've been down to 9 the ref saw the headbutt and gave a yellow card ridiculous and didn't sent the player off.

I'm more angry about the lack of sending offs than I am the penaltys.

No criticism of GON or the team at all.

It won't be long till a ref is assaulted if this carrys on.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re not big enough to be worth the bother with VAR, refs will keep shafting us as we’re not important enough to the product.

You can replace Wolves with any other club.

You can’t do the same with the Sky 6

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am struggling to understand the management of GON on that game. He has been close to impecible recently, but tonight I thought he was really bad.

Firstly, RAN injured - not much we can do about it. But why bring on Doc? Essentially RAN plays left mid, Doc looked so uncomfortable and we lacked any fluidity. When we were in the ascendency, it was crying out for Sarabia. And then, why not bring him on at all?

Then to too it off, Cunha and Bellegarde were easily our best outlet and threat, why with 20+ to go take them both off and not even bring on what I would call, impact attackers ?

Also, this Bueno scares me to death. He looks agonisingly slow and ponderous.

I don't want to talk about the obvious. I am just really disappointed above all with the performance and approach tonight.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I can't really comment on their pens, ours was softish. What I can say though is that a 12 hour day to spend 15 minutes watching a ref stand around in the middle of the pitch chatting while someone in a TV studio decides whether we're allowed a point isn't what football's about for me.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Poor start. Ok for the remainder of the first half but thought (Joao Gomes aside) that we were very poor in the second.

Very hard to win points though when you get consistently awful decisions going against you. Neither of theirs are penalties (especially seeing that angle of the first again now). And if you didn’t overturn the first, you can’t overturn the second. Genuinely awful from VAR.

Sa 6
Bueno 6
Kilman 6
Toti 6
Semedo 6
Gomes 7
Lemina 6
RAN N/A
Hwang 7
Cunha 6

Doherty 5
Sasa 6
Doyle N/A

Tonight was everything that is wrong with football/VAR at the moment. Genuinely falling out of love with the game.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Carragher and Ljungberg on Sky saying first not a pen, but FL saying second is but for Carra it’s not clear and obvious error.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't sound like a great performance from us. But there does appear to be a concerted effort to do us down by the officials. That or some serial incompetence in at least half our games this season. We shouldn't have to beat the match officials as well as the opposition. I hate what the game has become, where it seems cheats often prosper. He who cheats best is often the winner.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not good enough to win. We keep giving refs decisions to make with lazy attempts to win the ball.
As dubious as both penalties were, we need to defend much, much better. Similar to Palace away, if teams run at us with pace we really struggle defensively. For a highly rated centre back, Kilman seems to be ball watching a lot when the balls fizzed across the box. He’s not blessed with pace but needs to read the game better to make up for it. We can’t afford to keep losing to teams below us.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am struggling to understand the management of GON on that game. He has been close to impecible recently, but tonight I thought he was really bad.

Firstly, RAN injured - not much we can do about it. But why bring on Doc? Essentially RAN plays left mid, Doc looked so uncomfortable and we lacked any fluidity. When we were in the ascendency, it was crying out for Sarabia. And then, why not bring him on at all?

Then to too it off, Cunha and Bellegarde were easily our best outlet and threat, why with 20+ to go take them both off and not even bring on what I would call, impact attackers ?

Also, this Bueno scares me to death. He looks agonisingly slow and ponderous.

I don't want to talk about the obvious. I am just really disappointed above all with the performance and approach tonight.
I can possibly see why he bought Doc on, but it doesn’t mean he couldn’t have then still bought him off. Can’t understand how Sarabia didnt get at least 30 mins tonight.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was at the game.. saw 2 pens up close. Ridiculous.

We didn’t play well at all tbh.. thought Fulham were much more composed on the ball.. and yet, the few times we had the ball, we looked very dangerous.

Very annoyed.. good for a draw there.

Back
Top Bottom