Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fulham Verdict

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we are told that the reason the Luton, Man Utd, Sheff Utd, Newcastle decions didn’t get overturned was it wasn’t a clear and obvious error. So tonight the ref doesent give it and what the **** Excatley is clears and obvious enough to overturn that one. ****ing corrupt.

waltononthehillwolf

Reaction score
Proper ****ed off

I thought Fulham's first wasn't a pen the second was but was it a clear an obvious error...

Ours was a pen but why didn't the defender get a second yellow at least..? Then the game would've changed - Fulham should've had 2 players booked in the first half but didnt - the ref looked exhausted by the end of the game and he was ****ing ****...

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
For me neither if the Fulham ones were penalties. Second looked like a proper dive from Wilson. The fact VAR made the ref go to the monitor is a p*** take. Attwell refresh that game not Salisbury.

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Strangely the 2 Fulham penalties were not the worst referring decisions tonight. That honour goes to the yellow card for the head butt. Where in the rules does it say serious foul play is anything other than a red card? Ref sees the head butt in real time and gives a yellow… how??? If you see it, then it has to be red. But the fact that Attwell reviewed it in slow motion and concurred with the decision is truly woeful.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty much everything you would expect to happen did happen in that frustratingly predictable way that Wolves always seem to serve up.

We went behind.
We let Iwobi score his annual goal against us.
We managed to get our two midfielders who were on 4 booking to be both suspended.
We dangled our legs out at every chance to invite the opposition to dive over for spot kicks.
We didn't save any spot kicks.
We didn't make any great fuss about one of our players being headbutted.
We were on our heels any time the ball was loose in the opposition box.
We gave a team struggling for form 3 points.

The only miracle was that Raul didn't score.

Sigh

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It all started early on when the linesman was giving throws the wrong way and ignoring the ball going out of play
3 dirty tackles and no yellow cards later no suprise a Wolves player is off injured while another left hobbling.
Good tackle by Wolves player a yellow follows
Fast forward the VAR gets involved
Throw a headbut no problem
The officials win 3.2
The sky presenter is over joyed with a vintage Fulham display and is eating Marco Silva

We were poor but **** sake I'm fuming

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR bla bla bla

Keep conceding first
Conceded 3
Conceding too many generally
Lost to Sheff Utd, still not over that
****e on the road
Keep giving refs decisions to make
And where's these famous GON tactics I'm hearing so much about?
VAR is ****e but your other points are valid. Our setup today and at Sheffield was really poor, as were the performances. It's been disappointing.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don't like football, results aside, it's just not in a good place at the moment.

Cost is insane, fixtures all over the show, oil state required to compete, ever increasing gap.

The day the bubble pops and it all fails will be great.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don't like football, results aside, it's just not in a good place at the moment.

Cost is insane, fixtures all over the show, oil state required to compete, ever increasing gap.

The day the bubble pops and it all fails will be great.
Don’t take life too seriously. Just a game we love. Treat yourself you deserve it. Enjoy seeing friends and loved ones x

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the curent rate, we're on track to have FIFTEEN league games this season influenced (against us) by VAR.

Just bad luck naturally.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR is a farce, overanalysing the game and creating far more inconsistent officiating than there ever was before.

However, it was another mediocre away performance. The initial setup (4-4-2 it looked like?) did not work at all and Fulham really should have been 2 up within 10mins. Not much of an improvement on the Sheffield game really.

Alright picking up the odd unexpected win at home but our away performances really haven't been good enough under GON.

For all of the plaudits we've received in the media at times, if not for Everton's point deduction, we would be 6pts off the relegation zone. It would be nice to start to be able to look up towards a top half push but these sort of results are going to keep us stuck among the lower midtable sides at best.

Well. If we hadn't been ****ed over by VAR so many times, we would be seeing a top half push.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to play more on the front foot in our away games like we do in our home games imho. Far too passive and allowed Fulham to just dictate the pace. They were missing their best midfielder by a country mile today but we didn't make them miss him at all.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
This is a great interview from O’Neil. Very impressive.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As frustrated as I was with the previous 4 penalties, I was prepared to accept (although strongly disagree with) the fact that once the penalties had been awarded on the field, they couldn't be overturned if there was even the slightest hint of contact. I wasn't happy about it but I was prepared to give the VAR the benefit of the slightest doubt. Quite why the referees couldn't have been sent to the monitor for these I find inexplicable.

However, when you then see a similar penalty not awarded on the field, for the VAR to then send the ref to the monitor and subsequently see that overturned is as galling as it is laughable.

It makes no sense, which frustrates me and I do not like feeling frustrated.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s GON said? I turned it off in the 191st ****ing minute.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Henry winter has hammered that decision on twitter. VAR had to force the ref to look again. Inexcusable.
Attwell is useless, we all know it.

Don't like Salisbury either but **** me, being a VAR should in theory be a pretty easy job. Get every replay possible and you're not even making the final decision, just recommending a review when relevant. It's not hard to do. No idea how they're ****ing it up so much.

Pretty clear that if VAR is to stay we need designated and specially trained VAR's because it's obvious that the current crop of officials aren't good enough to operate it.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Attwell is useless, we all know it.

Don't like Salisbury either but **** me, being a VAR should in theory be a pretty easy job. Get every replay possible and you're not even making the final decision, just recommending a review when relevant. It's not hard to do. No idea how they're ****ing it up so much.

Pretty clear that if VAR is to stay we need designated and specially trained VAR's because it's obvious that the current crop of officials aren't good enough to operate it.

There can be only one reason why Attwell makes those decisions tonight. It certainly wasn’t a fair an impartial review. It was clear and obvious bias, to throw their beloved phrase back at them.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Away from VAR, I think GON needs criticism for bring Doc on ahead of Bueno.

He completely stifled our attacks down the left, every time Doc received the ball he wanted to play back inside.

Couple that with our right hand side getting absolutely rinsed (as per usual) - the full backs didn’t have a great day.
Bueno isn’t anywhere near match fitness

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope the penalty decisions and our performance don’t get too conflated because both were shocking tonight.

GON makes some baffling decisions, especially on the road where we’re a completely different team.
We’ e been poor away from home for some time. We’ve won 4 out of 26 PL games since the start of last season, two of those wins being in the seven we’ve played so far this season. So I guess there is an improvement so far this season. But our performances, Man Utd aside, have been generally poor.

VAR aside I think a draw would have been a fair result for us. Don’t think we deserved the win. Not sure why he put Doc out on the left. Perhaps GON over thinks things.

Interesting to see Bournemouth now picking up results. They totally outplayed Sheff Utd and should have won by more.

Back
Top Bottom