Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Forum Issues?

arooooo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No, I get the problem with nothing else running.

However, once I get the site correctly displayed, it is fine from then on. The same link produces 2 different displays, so maybe it is something to do with downloading templates? I do access the Mix from my mobile, too. The messed up screen is on the Windows 10 PC only. And the problem only started about 3 weeks ago.

So it seems to happen only when I restart the PC, on the first access. Once I've done what arooooo does and gone to the top level URL, then navigate down to the forum, it is fine. I can close and reopen and all is well...until the PC is shutdown.
I've had it go bad after starting good, i.e. when going to the next page in a thread.
But it sometimes starts up fine without the top-level-down navigating, and the above may have happened from that kind of start.
(Mac, Firefox)
[Oh yeah; the 'puter did crash lately, so I started using the latest FF, and that dun't fix it.]

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting 'oops sorry something went wrong' when trying to post and have to refresh which loses the post so unless you remember to do a copy you're screwed.

Also when logging out I get the same message and it won't log out unless a refresh is done.

Mac safari..

Oops sorry something went wrong, yep the clowns who wrote this software.

Has it ever worked since day 1 which was a long time ago?

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
there has been another update, try clearing your cache on your browser and start again

I didn't clear my cache but it started working on its own..not saying clearing cache is wrong idea but how did mine correct itself ?

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I didn't clear my cache but it started working on its own..not saying clearing cache is wrong idea but how did mine correct itself ?
a software update was done in between those times, so if some are still experiencing an issue sometimes manually clearing the cache will help.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strangely now I've cleared my cache the 'Oops Problem' is back..

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hit the little bell before starting your post, if the oops comes up, refresh first.
That's my solution anyway.
Thanks, I've just been refreshing and eventually it lets me log out.

Not right though is it?

I don't envy Bod having to sort out these perpetual problems.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Get a problem rendering on safari on iPhone latest os updates.

the css isn’t loading, meaning the menu floats above the rest of the page and I can’t easily click on anything.

after a lot of fiddling I can sometimes find a ga to click home and then it will all load correctly.

happening now so can’t see if this is a know problem or not:

7CED3159-B780-45B6-AC46-2F9227E44AD6.png7CED3159-B780-45B6-AC46-2F9227E44AD6.png

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at a post then go back to the main MM forum and it goes back beyond where it should be.

Things going wrong changes from day to day.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

yes its usually apple devices that have an issue :(

will see what we can find
I installed a different browser on my phone (Edge) and it works perfectly - definitely safari problem.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been experiencing the same problem on my 11 Pro Max (as lykos) for the past 2/3 weeks I'd guess. Cheers.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting the 'Oops' again so tried Firefox and Chrome with exactly the same problem.

Finally noticed what could be a clue for Bod....it only seems to happen when I'm doing a reply..

Mac OS..

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Getting the 'Oops' again so tried Firefox and Chrome with exactly the same problem.

Finally noticed what could be a clue for Bod....it only seems to happen when I'm doing a reply..

Mac OS..
I will try and replicate it on my macbook again, not having much luck so far.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will try and replicate it on my macbook again, not having much luck so far.

Even the quote reply 'oops' is intermittent, Its something I'll have to live with.

Strange thing is when everyone was having problems at the start mine was nigh on perfect.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hey I don't seem to be able to "like" anyones posts. Is this because I am in pre mod?

Or am i simply not clever enough to figure out how to like a post?:rolleyes:

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

the css isn’t loading, meaning the menu floats above the rest of the page and I can’t easily click on anything.

after a lot of fiddling I can sometimes find a ga to click home and then it will all load correctly.

View attachment 18280View attachment 18280
I also am seeing this pretty most of the time when using Safari on iPhone, iPad, iMac and MacBook Pro. Needs fixing please.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Mix is pretty much not usable using Safari now. A fix would be much appreciated.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
The Mix is pretty much not usable using Safari now. A fix would be much appreciated.
I will fix it once i can replicate it!

I have just tried again on an iphone 10 of a friend and cant replicate the problem.
I also cant get the problem to replicate on my macbook pro or my wife's ipad.

I occasionally get something similar happen on android but a refresh fixes it. I would appear that something is blocking the css and or a script. Do you have any blockers or plugins that may do this?

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will fix it once i can replicate it!

I have just tried again on an iphone 10 of a friend and cant replicate the problem.
I also cant get the problem to replicate on my macbook pro or my wife's ipad.

I occasionally get something similar happen on android but a refresh fixes it. I would appear that something is blocking the css and or a script. Do you have any blockers or plugins that may do this?
I use Adblock but turning it off makes no difference. Safari has also stopped 9 trackers from profiling me.

Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 12.38.26.jpg

arooooo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

View attachment 18280View attachment 18280

This is the exact same problem I've had for weeks, on Firefox under MacOS.

It used to work some of the time . . . but, now, it seems to have graduated to working NEVER.

(I can still get in, though the three-step process of going to the root site, then clicking on "The Forum", then clicking on "Molineux Mix", BUT, it certainly makes me visit this site much less often!!!!!!!!!)

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score

It used to work some of the time . . . but, now, it seems to have graduated to working NEVER.

(I can still get in, though the three-step process of going to the root site, then clicking on "The Forum", then clicking on "Molineux Mix", BUT, it certainly makes me visit this site much less often!!!!!!!!!)
i have tried it on my macbook pro on safari and chrome. i managed to get it happen to me once, i pressed refresh and it loaded again, the only time i have seen it happen is after the computer has been asleep but as i say a refresh fixes it and it doesnt come back.
i havent been able to recreate it on iphone or ipad.

problem is i cant really fix anything if i cant recreate it, i'm not saying it isnt there but i havent found anything yet. I will continue to search for a solution but i'm afraid i haven't found anything yet.

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And it's the same problem I am still getting, on Windows 10. Same solution to get it working. It is always fine on my mobile, always the wrong display on my PC, the first time I log on after restarting the PC.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
And it's the same problem I am still getting, on Windows 10. Same solution to get it working. It is always fine on my mobile, always the wrong display on my PC, the first time I log on after restarting the PC.
ok, so on your pc after the restart is that a browser window that was already open on shut down?

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
ok for those still having issues I have re-enabled the default style option in the style chooser. This can be found near the bottom of the page and will be by default be called "mm-2.1".

could you try the site on the system default style and tell me if you still get the same issues?

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm giving it a go just to see what happens as I've only had one Oops in the last week and little things I'm not bothered about, like going to last post in thread and it goes several posts back or even a previous page read.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ok for those still having issues I have re-enabled the default style option in the style chooser. This can be found near the bottom of the page and will be by default be called "mm-2.1".

could you try the site on the system default style and tell me if you still get the same issues?
Tried it and it's made no difference. Also tried changing the User Agent under the Develop menu without any success.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
using mm 21 and still getting the Ooops sorry, but is so intermittent you are unlikely to replicate.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another iPhone Safari user (most of the time). Did the Apple update last night and now permanently like this. Still works fine in Chrome.

Can see the mm-2.1 link at bottom but link doesn’t do anything.

A5C5B26D-C44F-48A1-B058-250C7E6A6A99.png

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Managed to get it working on Safari by going to Settings - Safari - Advanced - Website Data and then search for Molineux mix.co.uk, clicking Edit (bottom right), and deleting it when the red circle comes up.

Loses all your cookies, so remember to know your login!

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Managed to get it working on Safari by going to Settings - Safari - Advanced - Website Data and then search for Molineux mix.co.uk, clicking Edit (bottom right), and deleting it when the red circle comes up.

that sounds like it could be a winner,

as i say i cant replicate this in safari on the devices i have tried.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score

@arooooo , @bigbluewolf

could you try this and see if it works for you?

Back
Top Bottom