Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Forum Issues?

John Richards 1974

Reaction score
Not been able to log onto mix for some time, was not receiving email verification code then received bulk of 5 ?................... Have now managed to log on at last and changed my password.

theinvisibleman

Administrator
Reaction score
Not been able to log onto mix for some time, was not receiving email verification code then received bulk of 5 ?................... Have now managed to log on at last and changed my password.
we have been having issues with the email server, that should be sorted now

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I tried that but it doesn't work for me, (the edit thing).
I have spoken with bod who tells me it's a system issue and is being worked on.

Still not fully functional on the edit.
I did 2 edits since I posted to you but your reply got me thinking. BTW, I‘m using my iPad.
try this....start a new post and a window opens up and just above where you type is a series of options for fonts, styles etc.
Right now, as I’m typing, I see that there is no smiley symbol but at the end of that line are 3 tiny vertical dots.
Press that and another line of more options, including the smiley symbol, drop down for you,(hopefully)......like this.. :)
Now I don’t have to edit after I post. :cool:

Last edited:

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did 2 edits since I posted to you but your reply got me thinking. BTW, I‘m using my iPad.
try this....start a new post and a window opens up and just above where you type is a series of options for fonts, styles etc.
Right now, as I’m typing, I see that there is no smiley symbol but at the end of that line are 3 tiny vertical dots.
Press that and another line of more options, including the smiley symbol, drop down for you,(hopefully)......like this.. :)
Now I don’t have to edit after I post. :cool:
I got it now Robbie.

It's middle set of 3 dots in the edit mode. :D

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I got it now Robbie.

It's middle set of 3 dots in the edit mode. :D
Robbie?.....really? Are you conversing with another poster? .....fine...:)

Okayyyyy......forgive me but I discovered last night by trying to help you I could post a smiley without having to post a post and then editing to do so.
So, if I read your latest post correctly, , you seem to say that only after you post and you use edit to go back in, does your smiley work.
You did try the 3 dots method before you posted, dear fellow, .....right?
You’re getting closer, old chap...... just one more step.....see if this tutorial helps....

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's just a line from the Last Waltz.
Neil Young to Robbie Robertson.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any one have issues quoting people in replies? Randomly (and it's only started the last week or so) If I try to quote someone it will refuse to post my reply and pops up a box saying the forum has encountered an error. I can then only post if I delete the quoted part of my reply, then it posts normally. Doesn't always do it though, sometimes I can quote people with no issues.

I've been trying to work out why its intermittent like that but with no luck. Decided to post and see if I'm alone with this issue?

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any one have issues quoting people in replies? Randomly (and it's only started the last week or so) If I try to quote someone it will refuse to post my reply and pops up a box saying the forum has encountered an error. I can then only post if I delete the quoted part of my reply, then it posts normally. Doesn't always do it though, sometimes I can quote people with no issues.

I've been trying to work out why its intermittent like that but with no luck. Decided to post and see if I'm alone with this issue?
Yes I had that in the u23s thread when I tried to quote a posting reply got a browser error but not every time mostly it works fine

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Golden I have none of that on your screen shots?

I don't use them anyway so doesn't matter to me.

I'm now getting different login screens Mac safari.

Can't we just go back to the old website, if it aint broke don't fix it!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I use my Samsung Galaxy S8, the reply menu changed recently and I couldn't find most options. Vancouver gave me a hint with the new 3 dot drop downs.
Each 3 dot gives different additional features.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score

We have to update the software I'm afraid to keep it more secure. But his one seems to have caused a few more issues

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have to update the software I'm afraid to keep it more secure. But his one seems to have caused a few more issues
I think if posters knew how to use it might be ok. One extra click.
My explanation may not be all that clear. :confused:

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I use my Samsung Galaxy S8, the reply menu changed recently and I couldn't find most options. Vancouver gave me a hint with the new 3 dot drop downs.
Each 3 dot gives different additional features.
A big difference between phones and a computer.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today, on my iPad, I have an ad bar across the bottom of my screen which blocks access to the up and down arrows which I took for granted and didn’t realize how much I use them.
If I click on the X in the ad bar the ad disappears but is replaced with ‘Adds by Google’.
I have cleared my history and resigned in but it’s still there. Is this just a glitch or something new on the Mix?

@bod101
edit
just noticed that there is an X outside the box /bar.?.......if I click on that the whole bar disappears but quickly returns.

theinvisibleman

Administrator
Reaction score
Today, on my iPad, I have an ad bar across the bottom of my screen which blocks access to the up and down arrows which I took for granted and didn’t realize how much I use them.
If I click on the X in the ad bar the ad disappears but is replaced with ‘Adds by Google’.
I have cleared my history and resigned in but it’s still there. Is this just a glitch or something new on the Mix?

@bod101
edit
just noticed that there is an X outside the box /bar.?.......if I click on that the whole bar disappears but quickly returns.
Has it gone now?

arooooo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Okay; here's a weird one!

For the last three days, I have been unable to read the forum in my usual manner.

When I go straight to the bookmarked link (Molineux Mix), I get unusable boomfus (partial screenshot below).

In order to get the readable, clickable, usual forum page, instead I have to first go to "molineuxmix.co.uk", then click on "Forum", then click on "Molineux Mix", and thereafter everything is fine! BUT, that page I've navigated to is the same bookmarked page as above!!!!

... any ideas ..?

Best,
Arroooooooooo!

... well, frazzle me, tried to load the borked page for that screenshot, and just now it's started working again!!!!

Oh well; I'll leave this for your entertainment.

(p.s. it only happened on Firefox and worked in Chrome but I use that sparingly)

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Okay; here's a weird one!

For the last three days, I have been unable to read the forum in my usual manner.

When I go straight to the bookmarked link (Molineux Mix), I get unusable boomfus (partial screenshot below).

In order to get the readable, clickable, usual forum page, instead I have to first go to "molineuxmix.co.uk", then click on "Forum", then click on "Molineux Mix", and thereafter everything is fine! BUT, that page I've navigated to is the same bookmarked page as above!!!!

... any ideas ..?

Best,
Arroooooooooo!

... well, frazzle me, tried to load the borked page for that screenshot, and just now it's started working again!!!!

Oh well; I'll leave this for your entertainment.

(p.s. it only happened on Firefox and worked in Chrome but I use that sparingly)
I was going to say it maybe to do with http and https but it wasnt that. An odd one for sure. :)

arooooo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was going to say it maybe to do with http and https but it wasnt that. An odd one for sure. :)
It's back!!!!

I've no idea what to do about it. Far too many clicks involved now, instead of just the one, to deliver the sweet (or acerbic!) nectar of MM.

hmmmm......

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
It's back!!!!

I've no idea what to do about it. Far too many clicks involved now, instead of just the one, to deliver the sweet (or acerbic!) nectar of MM.

hmmmm......
Do you have any ad blockers running?

arooooo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Do you have any ad blockers running?
Afraid so, though I don't think that's the issue[2], and I'm sorry about that, but I'll explain[1] —

[1]
I turned ad blocking off for MM, but my internet became virtually unusable.
I have DSL Lite, which gives a maximum of ~80KB/second download speed, and I need at least 60KB of that to watch a Standard Definition stream.
MM's ads kept up their download activity even when the page looked completely loaded, sometimes using 70 or 80KB/sec, quite often over 40. Again, I only get 80.
I love MM; but, sorry, I won't allow it to stop me from browsing entirely.

[2]
Don't think it's the issue because it sometimes works, and only started malfunctioning 3 or 4 days ago. But I'll try MM for a while quite sparingly with AdBlock (always was off) and Ublock off too, and see if it doesn't happen under those circumstances.

Now I need to close this window so I can load some other pages!

Cheers —
Dave

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Afraid so, though I don't think that's the issue[2], and I'm sorry about that, but I'll explain[1] —

[1]
I turned ad blocking off for MM, but my internet became virtually unusable.
I have DSL Lite, which gives a maximum of ~80KB/second download speed, and I need at least 60KB of that to watch a Standard Definition stream.
MM's ads kept up their download activity even when the page looked completely loaded, sometimes using 70 or 80KB/sec, quite often over 40. Again, I only get 80.
I love MM; but, sorry, I won't allow it to stop me from browsing entirely.

[2]
Don't think it's the issue because it sometimes works, and only started malfunctioning 3 or 4 days ago. But I'll try MM for a while quite sparingly with AdBlock (always was off) and Ublock off too, and see if it doesn't happen under those circumstances.

Now I need to close this window so I can load some other pages!

Cheers —
Dave
Interesting about ads using such bandwidth, they shouldn't. Will have to look into that with the ad people.

As for the adblock was just wondering as it sometimes causes issues

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now my top function bar is greyed out, no access to bold, smilies etc.
:-(
(Best sad face I can do)

arooooo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Re: my issue(s), new non-or-semi-useful info to report.

Adblock and UBlock are both turned off.
I am *not* experiencing the aforedescribed bandwidth-crippling constant downloads!
I thought I'd tested this enough before — Turn it on, Firefox saturates bandwidth. Turn it off, that goes away. Repeat. Repeat again maybe. (Though, I did not use a tool to reveal which tab was responsible.)
SO, that bit seems to've maybe been fixed by now, on your advertisers' side, if indeed the problem was theirs.

(But, I also had NoScript blocking stuff from running; that has now also been turned off.)

So, here's now:
1) MM is now failing to load ~>80% of the time, unless I first go to molineuxmix.co.uk, then click "The Forum", and then click Molineux Mix. It does work some of the time though!
2) Even with Adblock, Ublock, and NoScript all turned off for this site, I'm not seeing any ads...?? (I saw them before.)

[There is a new version of Firefox now downloaded, which may perhaps fix this bug, and I shall test it the next time my 'puter crashes. (I've many many dozens {if not hundreds} of tabs open, so, don't wanna do that on purpose until it happens naturally!)]

Cheers now!
Dave

edit: shall add borked screenshot soon; right at the moment it's insisting on working properly!!!!

Last edited:

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Re: my issue(s), new non-or-semi-useful info to report.

Adblock and UBlock are both turned off.
I am *not* experiencing the aforedescribed bandwidth-crippling constant downloads!
I thought I'd tested this enough before — Turn it on, Firefox saturates bandwidth. Turn it off, that goes away. Repeat. Repeat again maybe. (Though, I did not use a tool to reveal which tab was responsible.)
SO, that bit seems to've maybe been fixed by now, on your advertisers' side, if indeed the problem was theirs.

(But, I also had NoScript blocking stuff from running; that has now also been turned off.)

So, here's now:
1) MM is now failing to load ~>80% of the time, unless I first go to molineuxmix.co.uk, then click "The Forum", and then click Molineux Mix. It does work some of the time though!
2) Even with Adblock, Ublock, and NoScript all turned off for this site, I'm not seeing any ads...?? (I saw them before.)

[There is a new version of Firefox now downloaded, which may perhaps fix this bug, and I shall test it the next time my 'puter crashes. (I've many many dozens {if not hundreds} of tabs open, so, don't wanna do that on purpose until it happens naturally!)]

Cheers now!
Dave

edit: shall add borked screenshot soon; right at the moment it's insisting on working properly!!!!
Thanks this is useful stuff :)

arooooo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looks like this when I've scrolled down a bit, cleaner before scrolling; is it trying to render mobile to my laptop?
1603707534986.png

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm getting exactly the same problem! It's only been happening for a couple of weeks. I'd been really curious to see what arooo's "borked" screen looked like - and yes, it's the same borked as mine.

What's strange is that I have a shortcut to molineux mix with "/forum/index.php" at the end and if I select that shortcut, I get the borked screen. But if I manually enter the first part (Molineux Mix - If it's Wolverhampton Wanderers it's here. A home for all fans of the Wolves. - Molineux Mix) I get to the forum selection page, select that and it all works fine. Even though it is the exact same link as the shortcut.

I do have uBlock adblocker running. And it's only happening on Molineux Mix and only for the past 2 weeks or so - since the same time as aroooo first mentioned it.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Looks like this when I've scrolled down a bit, cleaner before scrolling; is it trying to render mobile to my laptop?
View attachment 18187
I've had that happen myself its usually when the style sheets haven't loaded up for whatever reason and a refresh sorts it.

I did however see you mention that you have hundreds of tabs open, I am also a fan of this but it can leave you with a memory problem that can lead to page elements not loading. It might not be a root cause but certainly a side effect

arooooo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeah I have 15 pages open, some work-related, others not; stuff I want to be able to get right back to...

But I don't think that's it here; Contrarian, what about you?

Here's my usage under Menu Meters (get if u use mac!); I have 16GB total:

1603760289917.png

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I have 15 pages open, some work-related, others not; stuff I want to be able to get right back to...

But I don't think that's it here; Contrarian, what about you?

No, I get the problem with nothing else running.

However, once I get the site correctly displayed, it is fine from then on. The same link produces 2 different displays, so maybe it is something to do with downloading templates? I do access the Mix from my mobile, too. The messed up screen is on the Windows 10 PC only. And the problem only started about 3 weeks ago.

So it seems to happen only when I restart the PC, on the first access. Once I've done what arooooo does and gone to the top level URL, then navigate down to the forum, it is fine. I can close and reopen and all is well...until the PC is shutdown.

Back
Top Bottom