Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Forest away

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet you this would not be the outcome had Tottenham been drawn away to Forest instead of us.
This!

My issues not really with Forest but how many times have we been shafted re fixtures in favour of the big clubs in recent years.

Just field the under 8s n be done with it

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You sound like a spoilt three year old. Why can't l have my own way, why, why, why???? Not going to waste my time anymore, ignore it is...
How ridiculous. Wolves have complained according to Spiers, are they spoilt three-year-old's as well?

Also very funny that you call me childish and then announce to the forum that you're putting me on ignore haha :D :D

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Entitled for wanting to not play two games within 48 hours, something which never happens to teams outside of the Xmas period. What a load of rubbish.

You also give me all that crap and then admit we have a raw deal. Why should we accept having a raw deal? 'Just because', according to you.

They should sacrifice the home advantage because they can't play the game when it should be played. Or they should play it Thursday.

Sky have moved Peterborough vs Albion, which you could've read from two previous posts and I also said it could be played sunday at 12.

There's no justifiable reason as to why Wolves should suffer when this is a Nottingham and Nottingham Forest problem.
It's not within 48 hours, it's 52 hours between the games.

Can you imagine if we had a BCD and someone just said with 12 day's notice, that it was moving days? How many people would be on here going mental?

I'm not sure how many police are needed for a T20 and the total for that and the League Cup is probably far less than a league fixture . Still that's the police for you.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not within 48 hours, it's 52 hours between the games.

Can you imagine if we had a BCD and someone just said with 12 day's notice, that it was moving days? How many people would be on here going mental?
I gave plenty of other options. They could just play Thursday and keep it Saturday, meaning Forest have less rest, but we can't have that seemingly. I know, it would be less than the way it is, but, tough, as I said, this is a Nottingham Forest problem.

The obvious choice to me is to switch the venue or go neutral.

You talk about going mental but people should be over this because we're probably going to go out because of it. Shows how little people care about the cup.

Although, our 3/4 new 'top' signings could make their debut, so it could work out well...

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get the issue of local football teams playing at the same time.
But really, a t20 and a league cup game?
Can’t see why it couldn’t be played Wednesday. Football could even be earlier ko.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I gave plenty of other options. They could just play Thursday and keep it Saturday, meaning Forest have less rest, but we can't have that seemingly. I know, it would be less than the way it is, but, tough, as I said, this is a Nottingham Forest problem.

The obvious choice to me is to switch the venue or go neutral.

You talk about going mental but people should be over this because we're probably going to go out because of it. Shows how little people care about the cup.
I care mate, I'll be there whoever plays and whenever it is.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Forest v Derby is on Sky, hence they can’t move it. I can promise you all Wolves did everything they could. EFL turned down everything we proposed so if you want to have a dig at anyone, it’s them.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest v Derby is on Sky, hence they can’t move it. I can promise you all Wolves did everything they could. EFL turned down everything we proposed so if you want to have a dig at anyone, it’s them.
They failed though. And now we are out the cup potentially as a result. Weak

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky moved Peterborough vs West Brom, so don't say they can't move Forest vs Derby. It might be more inconvenient, but they could.

Yes, it's ultimately the EFL's fault but you have to wonder whether we are actually doing 'everything' we can when we're the biggest losers from Christmas fixtures in the past two years and now this. It doesn't happen to other clubs and that's not a guess, it doesn't, as I've looked.

Sutton

Reaction score
Policing. Nottingham police would doubtless say that they don't have the resources to do both in parallel.
Cannot remember seeing any police at cricket matches I have been to.

Anyway, hoping to get tickets for this. Anyone ideas on allocation? If we only get 2k then I reckon I may miss out as some of my group only have 1100 points.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Anyway, hoping to get tickets for this. Anyone ideas on allocation? If we only get 2k then I reckon I may miss out as some of my group only have 1100 points.
We’ll take a low/standard allocation now I bet save the hassle of sorting it all out with a week

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There may not be police in the ground but public order, traffic etc outside....

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me.

I'd like us to try and win something and this is obviously our best chance. And we will be playing an U23 team now, that's the point.
I would like to go to this but having trekked to Villa to watch our kids get beaten I'm now not so sure I'll risk it. Shame if we lose here as we can only ever win at most 2 trophies a year and this could well be the first one gone.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The police will be in the beer tent.

WS10Wolf

Reaction score
I like how some are already writing us off. Forest will make changes too and even if we make 11 changes our team will still have internationals and some very good players in it.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like how some are already writing us off. Forest will make changes too and even if we make 11 changes our team will still have internationals and some very good players in it.
It will also give us an opportunity to play our new signings Lol!

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really want us to do well in the cups but we have a paper thin squad and can’t risk any more injuries to key players. I am afraid that if the U23s are playing on the Monday night then we will have to play the U18s in this match bolstered with one or two of our fringe players. And we should make sure that everyone in the media knows why we have had to take that approach.

Reactions: Ned

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really want us to do well in the cups but we have a paper thin squad and can’t risk any more injuries to key players. I am afraid that if the U23s are playing on the Monday night then we will have to play the U18s in this match bolstered with one or two of our fringe players. And we should make sure that everyone in the media knows why we have had to take that approach.
Won’t we play mostly under 18s/and under 23s that won’t be involved for the 23s match instead

JH1902

Groupie
Reaction score
Get your boots on, Jeff Shi looks like you'll be playing in this one.

Awaiting allocation and ticket news but I'm sure I'll be going to this one.

WS10Wolf

Reaction score
They’ll play the U18s in the U23s and use the U23s in the squad at Forest.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit dramatic that.
Should still be able to play hoever, ran, ruddy, mgw, Silva, mouts or Donk. Then supplement them with u23’s.
Then supplement the u23’s with the u18’s.

Far from ideal but no need to throw the towel in.

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
Nothing surprises me anymore with fixtures, the 3 games in less than 6 days over Christmas, that included City and Liverpool was brutal..

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe. We will see. I will try and get a ticket, I think, as I don’t live that far away.
They’ll play the U18s in the U23s and use the U23s in the squad at Forest.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit dramatic that.
Should still be able to play hoever, ran, ruddy, mgw, Silva, mouts or Donk. Then supplement them with u23’s.
Then supplement the u23’s with the u18’s.

Far from ideal but no need to throw the towel in.
They moan when PL clubs don’t take the League Cup seriously and then give us very little option.
I want to take the Cup seriously and I want us to do well but we can’t risk our paper thin first team.

I genuinely don’t see why the fixture has to be moved for the cricket anyway. Yes, the cricket will be popular but hardly a riotous crowd so no need for a massive police presence at Trent Bridge, I would have thought that normal stewarding would cope.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What bothers me is that the teams that tried to destroy the very fabric of football would get four days off and a foot massage before we get anything. I am still bitter about the Liverpool and City 48 hour fiasco from a few years back

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Villa and Southampton games were the final straw with me and cup games.
Completely pointless when we never take them seriously.
I know it's new management now but with this fixture chaos it will be the same again.
I don't blame Forest for not wanting to play on Thursday or a neutral venue. Why would they do that when they have home advantage already?
This is on the police and their inability to do their jobs properly again.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to go to this but having trekked to Villa to watch our kids get beaten I'm now not so sure I'll risk it. Shame if we lose here as we can only ever win at most 2 trophies a year and this could well be the first one gone.
Thought you'd deferred for 12 months, so why this game and how you hoping to get a ticket?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or play the U18s on Mon and the U23s on Tue....

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on the current squad we expect to see

Ruddy

RAN

Marques
Kilman
Sasis

Semedo

MGW
Dendoncker

Campbell or Podence
Silva
Trinco

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on the current squad we expect to see

Ruddy

RAN

Marques
Kilman
Sasis

Semedo

MGW
Dendoncker

Campbell or Podence
Silva
Trinco
Hoping Semedo is back in for Sunday so more likely Hoever. Not sure Trincao will play as likely starts Sunday.

Is Podence near ready? Wouldn’t rush him back for this.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on the current squad we expect to see​

Ruddy

RAN

Marques
Kilman
Sasis

Semedo

MGW
Dendoncker

Campbell or Podence
Silva
Trinco
I’d expect killman saiss Semedo and Trincao to play against spurs. Hopefully Donk too.

But some will probably be ok to play both games.

WS10Wolf

Reaction score
Tickets on sale tomorrow at 10am to Gold and Silver ASTs.

Back
Top Bottom