Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Forest away

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big logistical issues regarding the cricket, complicated by us playing Sunday afternoon and Forest the following Saturday lunchtime. No ideal solution.
WS10, you seem to have the ear of those at Molineux; suggest they move it to Notts County? I've never been there and I could strike it off my list before I snuff it!

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
WS10, you seem to have the ear of those at Molineux; suggest they move it to Notts County? I've never been there and I could strike it off my list before I snuff it!
I’ll see what I can do!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs play in Europe on Thursday so zero chance of match moving back to Saturday given that is why it moved in the first place.
Of course . Their second team playing in Europe .

What’s the issue with Wednesday ? Just that the city will be busy ffs

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves article makes it clear they’re not happy with it being Tuesday and that EFL rejected Wednesday and ‘other options’.

I’d field the under 10s in protest **** em

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do we never stand up for ourselves with fixtures?

Been done over in the past two years at Christmas in the Premier League, and no doubt we will again, and now this. Clearly not taking it seriously, which is a real shame.

Bilbrook Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Been done over in the past two years at Christmas in the Premier League, and no doubt we will again, and now this. Clearly not taking it seriously, which is a real shame.
They tried to move the fixture, not sure what else you expect them to do? Decision isn’t in our hands

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Well my guess is that someone has calculated that it's about 53 hours from the end of our game, whereas Thurs would have meant that they only had 38 hours until Derby. The police will have ruled out Wednesday. Not sure what else could be done, they've obviously tried or we'd have known before now.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They tried to move the fixture, not sure what else you expect them to do? Decision isn’t in our hands
Try harder. As I said, it's always us.

Played United at Xmas with a 36 hour disadvantage, which is unheard of at that period. It was similar with Liverpool the year before.

Oh, and Arsenal have drawn Albion in this competition.

Arsenal, like us are playing on Sunday 22nd. Albion were playing Peterborough on Friday 27th. Guess what? They play on the Wednesday and Albion's game at Peterborough is pushed back 24 hours.

So things can get done but we obviously don't try hard enough, which suggests we don't care at all, which is a shame.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well my guess is that someone has calculated that it's about 53 hours from the end of our game, whereas Thurs would have meant that they only had 38 hours until Derby. The police will have ruled out Wednesday. Not sure what else could be done, they've obviously tried or we'd have known before now.
They could move Forest vs Derby back. They could play Wednesday in front of no crowd. They could switch to Molineux. They could play Thursday, meaning Forest are the ones to suffer, which is how it should be considering THEY can't fulfil the fixture on the day it should be played.

Instead, nope, Wolves get the short straw and we'll probably go out of the cup as a result.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
They could move Forest vs Derby back. They could play Wednesday in front of no crowd. They could switch to Molineux. They could play Thursday, meaning Forest are the ones to suffer, which is how it should be considering THEY can't fulfil the fixture on the day it should be played.

Instead, nope, Wolves get the short straw and we'll probably go out of the cup as a result.
OK, one at a time.

The police will have probably insisted that Derby play Forest as a lunchtime kick off and apart from all the disruption to fans who have already planned I doubt they'd allow it to be played e.g. 8pm Sat.

Haven't you had enough of playing on front of no fans. I'd rather go to Forest and watch the fringe players and u23's on Tues than watch it on TV with no crowd on Wed.

Forest were drawn at home, they're entitled to play at home. I'm not even sure they'd be allowed to switch it.

Forest can fulfill the fixture, it will be a police decision they can't play it.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who cares? We'll be playing u23 team + Coady so it makes no difference what day it's played.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK, one at a time.

The police will have probably insisted that Derby play Forest as a lunchtime kick off and apart from all the disruption to fans who have already planned I doubt they'd allow it to be played e.g. 8pm Sat.

Haven't you had enough of playing on front of no fans. I'd rather go to Forest and watch the fringe players and u23's on Tues than watch it on TV with no crowd on Wed.

Forest were drawn at home, they're entitled to play at home. I'm not even sure they'd be allowed to switch it.

Forest can fulfill the fixture, it will be a police decision they can't play it.
Why should we play 2 days after though? The game could be Thursday and we get 3 days rest before Man U .

Why should they get proper rest because they don’t want to pay for added security?

Whatbis even the issue of a t20 being on at the same time?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK, one at a time.

I didn't ask for it to be played at night! It could be put back to Sunday 12pm no problem. As mentioned, Albion have had there's moved back and that's more disruptive than a local derby.

Yes I have, but I'd rather Wolves get through and our chances of going through, in my opinion, are a lot worse now.

Cup games have been switched previously.

I get it will be down to the police but at the end of the day they had to either do us over or Forest over by playing it Tues or Thu and it's us who have suffered.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who cares? We'll be playing u23 team + Coady so it makes no difference what day it's played.
Me.

I'd like us to try and win something and this is obviously our best chance. And we will be playing an U23 team now, that's the point.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me.

I'd like us to try and win something and this is obviously our best chance. And we will be playing an U23 team now, that's the point.

We'd have been playing a second string team no matter when it was played.
I'd love us to win the league cup, but top two division teams rarely play a strong team in the first few rounds.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me.

Well the U23’s play Monday apparently so it’ll be the U18’s if not the first team.

I understand the point that we shouldn’t be done over but I think it’s unfair to levy that at the club. They shouldn’t be in a position where they have to fight over who is done over, the fixturing should be better in the first place!

Seems a bit stupid having a football, cricket and rugby ground all within about a 1/4 of a mile of each other to me.

Personally I think they should just **** the cricket off, if people want to watch **** all happen on a pitch they can just watch our first half instead

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
I didn't ask for it to be played at night! It could be put back to Sunday 12pm no problem. As mentioned, Albion have had there's moved back and that's more disruptive than a local derby.

Yes I have, but I'd rather Wolves get through and our chances of going through, in my opinion, are a lot worse now.

Cup games have been switched previously.

I get it will be down to the police but at the end of the day they had to either do us over or Forest over by playing it Tues or Thu and it's us who have suffered.
Yes, OK, Derby Forest is on TV and 30k will already have tickets. There will be police arrangements, it's just not going to move.

Cup games used to be switched for revenue reasons, but they stopped that.

It is a bit ****, but Forest would be much more screwed than us, plus we're the ones who should have a squad to cope (even though we probably haven't!)

Surely our u23s game will get moved?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Firstly who the hell appointed you the arbiter of when the match should be played?

Secondly not being able to play on Wednesday is beyond Forest's control. The licensing authority for the ground, on police advice, just wouldn't allow it.

Thirdly there is no guarantee, even if Forest agreed, that Wolvo council and West Midlands police would say ok to it being at Molineux. Why should Forest sacrifice home advantage? Also, just like your idea of no crowd, who would compensate Forest for their financial loss.

Fourthly Derby v Forest is on Sky so no chance of moving it. I also assume that Derbyshire police are just as keen for that to be on a lunchtime as West Midlands police would be us v the **** and for the same reasons.

Finally your whole post comes over as the sort of entitled PL BS that we would rightly, a few seasons ago, have utterly savaged. Yes we are getting a raw deal - sometimes life is a bitch - get over it!

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why should we play 2 days after though? The game could be Thursday and we get 3 days rest before Man U .

Why should they get proper rest because they don’t want to pay for added security?

Whatbis even the issue of a t20 being on at the same time?
Specially as the gate of both combined probably won’t even be as much as a capacity city ground when they play derby the weekend …

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Notts v Hampshire affects our game why exactly? Don’t get it. Football v cricket riots?

Nonsense decision.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Notts v Hampshire affects our game why exactly? Don’t get it. Football v cricket riots?

Nonsense decision.
Policing. Nottingham police would doubtless say that they don't have the resources to do both in parallel.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well the U23’s play Monday apparently so it’ll be the U18’s if not the first team.

I understand the point that we shouldn’t be done over but I think it’s unfair to levy that at the club. They shouldn’t be in a position where they have to fight over who is done over, the fixturing should be better in the first place!

Seems a bit stupid having a football, cricket and rugby ground all within about a 1/4 of a mile of each other to me.

Personally I think they should just **** the cricket off, if people want to watch **** all happen on a pitch they can just watch our first half instead
First come first served. The dates of the cricket fixture were set well in advance of the cup draw.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly who the hell appointed you the arbiter of when the match should be played?

Secondly not being able to play on Wednesday is beyond Forest's control. The licensing authority for the ground, on police advice, just wouldn't allow it.

Thirdly there is no guarantee, even if Forest agreed, that Wolvo council and West Midlands police would say ok to it being at Molineux. Why should Forest sacrifice home advantage? Also, just like your idea of no crowd, who would compensate Forest for their financial loss.

Fourthly Derby v Forest is on Sky so no chance of moving it. I also assume that Derbyshire police are just as keen for that to be on a lunchtime as West Midlands police would be us v the **** and for the same reasons.

Finally your whole post comes over as the sort of entitled PL BS that we would rightly, a few seasons ago, have utterly savaged. Yes we are getting a raw deal - sometimes life is a bitch - get over it!
Entitled for wanting to not play two games within 48 hours, something which never happens to teams outside of the Xmas period. What a load of rubbish.

You also give me all that crap and then admit we have a raw deal. Why should we accept having a raw deal? 'Just because', according to you.

They should sacrifice the home advantage because they can't play the game when it should be played. Or they should play it Thursday.

Sky have moved Peterborough vs Albion, which you could've read from two previous posts and I also said it could be played sunday at 12.

There's no justifiable reason as to why Wolves should suffer when this is a Nottingham and Nottingham Forest problem.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many people go to these silly T20 matches?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Entitled for wanting to not play two games within 48 hours, something which never happens to teams outside of the Xmas period. What a load of rubbish.

You also give me all that crap and then admit we have a raw deal. Why should we accept having a raw deal?

They should sacrifice the home advantage because they can't play the game when it should be played. Or they should play it Thursday.

Sky have moved Peterborough vs Albion, which you could've read from two previous posts and I also said it could be played sunday at 12.

There's no justifiable reason as to why Wolves should suffer when this is a Nottingham and Nottingham Forest problem.
You sound like a spoilt three year old. Why can't l have my own way, why, why, why???? Not going to waste my time anymore, ignore it is...

Back
Top Bottom