Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bust up

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That depends on Fosun

Firstly I believe Bruno has been stitched up and not backed by Shi in the windows and the players are downing tools just like they did last season as they don’t agree with the negative tactics. Are Nuno and Bruno just genuinely negative or just playing it safe with the squad of players they have is up for debate.

However regardless of how Childish certain players are acting over training methods I think we need a manager who can instantly earn the players respect and has no issues with shipping out any big names who fail to fall in line
Is Bruno negative?
He seems to be consistently urging the players forward and gets visibly annoyed when players pass backwards or sidewards and not forwards through the lines.
I dont think the players are listening to him for whatever reason, maybe they are not capable of attacking play, but i think Bruno wants to play on the front foot.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Bruno negative?
He seems to be consistently urging the players forward and gets visibly annoyed when players pass backwards or sidewards and not forwards through the lines.
I dont think the players are listening to him for whatever reason, maybe they are not capable of attacking play, but i think Bruno wants to play on the front foot.
It’s a valid point, he certainly wasn’t negative at Benfica however we were free flowing at the start of the season.

Somethings changed.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a valid point, he certainly wasn’t negative at Benfica however we were free flowing at the start of the season.

Somethings changed.
Personally i think that three things happened:
1. Bruno realised after the first 3 games that the squad wasnt capable of playing the way he wanted them to, and win (no goals) so he reverted to a quasi Nuno approach with “higher tweaks”
2. The players realised they could not play the way that Bruno wanted to and played to their own group strengths, and whilst results were ok, the club got away with that.
3. And crucially, Bruno was not able to bring in the players he wanted to that he thought could play to his preferred system.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Very off topic ... but if I were to delve more deeply into mankind’s treatment of our home (the world) ... I dare say I’d be carted off to pre-mod or worse.

Best to leave it there.
You are welcome to discuss all that in the politics forum :)

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is true, but it’s also just as likely that he’s frustrated in himself and not being able to replicate his pre injury form.

There's frustration and then there's a behavioural change resulting in decisions and actions that haven't been present before in his career; red cards, niggly yellows, throwing himself to the floor, bicycle kicks, being miles behind the run of play, actively avoiding the ball.

It's textbook brain injury.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
1. Bruno realised after the first 3 games that the squad wasnt capable of playing the way he wanted them to, and win (no goals) so he reverted to a quasi Nuno approach with “higher tweaks”
2. The players realised they could not play the way that Bruno wanted to and played to their own group strengths, and whilst results were ok, the club got away with that.
3. And crucially, Bruno was not able to bring in the players he wanted to that he thought could play to his preferred system.
All great points. Fully agree.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's frustration and then there's a behavioural change resulting in decisions and actions that haven't been present before in his career; red cards, niggly yellows, throwing himself to the floor, bicycle kicks, being miles behind the run of play, actively avoiding the ball.

It's textbook brain injury.

Raul scored a bicycle kick on his Mexico debut

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul scored a bicycle kick on his Mexico debut
Yes and he KO'd a Slovak in the Europa League with one, but he's gone into overdrive with them this season, mainly because his positioning for headers has been so whack he's forced into the bicycles.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Agreed

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had a 90 mile drive home ,he had a lift off Nigel
beer goggles
nounINFORMAL
used to refer to the supposed influence of alcohol on one's visual perception, whereby one is sexually attracted to people who would not otherwise be appealing.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was talking to a Mate today and we both picked up on Garry Birtles on the Sky commentary saying this about the third goal " Is anybody going to close him down, is anybody going to try and get a block in, no they are not there is nobody near him and that sums Wolves up today "
Birtles was also very complimentary about Fabio's movement - making good runs but not being picked out by team-mates.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
football is always about finding that balance between attack and defence, score more than you concede and you win games. So yes think he decided early that playing out and out attacking football we probably weren't going to score enough to offset the fact that in doing so we would probably concede a few more goals, and at the end of the day it's about getting results. For a large part of the season he's been able to adjust and get the balance right and results up till end of Jan or so were pretty decent. Not really sure what the main reason things have gone wrong since then is, but something seriously wrong at the moment, Agree that with a few more players that would better fit the style he wanted we would see more of the attacking football,
It doesn't really answer the question as to why after being in a position to challenge for 4th and realistic chance of top 6 things then took a downturn andseem to have been getting progressively worse for the last 10 games or so. Players and manager seem to have lost their way

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Birtles was also very complimentary about Fabio's movement - making good runs but not being picked out by team-mates.
There was a classic one in the first half when Donck had the ball on the edge of the penalty area, Silva peeled back off marker to penalty spot and lost marker so Donck played it between marker and GK. Fabio’s movement and his vision is excellent - with Neto, MGW and Podence (if they are fit) have the chance of recreating the Cardiff goal of a couple of years ago.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I was there when Claus Lundekvam finally scored his first goal when they beat us 6-0 and they sang ‘We were there etc…)
I wonder if we will strike up a similar refrain the next time Fabio notches ?

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes and he KO'd a Slovak in the Europa League with one, but he's gone into overdrive with them this season, mainly because his positioning for headers has been so whack he's forced into the bicycles.
Seems if he's attempting bicycle kicks, the ball is behind him, right? Maybe it's the cross, not his positioning.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unsure, 4 years in a row they all turn up for the shop window games Vs Liverpool, City, United, etc then do a disappearing act Vs Burnley, Norwich, Huddersfield etc.

They're pure mercenary.
God you write some real, absolute crap sometimes. We might all be angry at recent results and we all have our perspectives, but your comment is beyond tbe pale. Our players have been an absolute credit to our club, even if we've been annoyed at some performances. They've been professional, role models and have brought us to places we could only have dreamed of 6 years ago. You have history writing stuff like that. Pure mercenary? That takes away anything of worth we as a club have achieved these years. Why support a team when you have no concept of the beauty of sport? Have you ever played?
Ok. Look at Neto. No more discussion needed, and I could go through each ayer. But he's enough. Mercenary? No. A proper player. Like Dougan. Richards. Hibbitt. Bull. Attitude and ability.
We get ****ed off, but I'm bloody proud of these players.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
God you write some real, absolute crap sometimes. We might all be angry at recent results and we all have our perspectives, but your comment is beyond tbe pale. Our players have been an absolute credit to our club, even if we've been annoyed at some performances. They've been professional, role models and have brought us to places we could only have dreamed of 6 years ago. You have history writing stuff like that. Pure mercenary? That takes away anything of worth we as a club have achieved these years. Why support a team when you have no concept of the beauty of sport? Have you ever played?
Ok. Look at Neto. No more discussion needed, and I could go through each ayer. But he's enough. Mercenary? No. A proper player. Like Dougan. Richards. Hibbitt. Bull. Attitude and ability.

They're playing for us because we play them a decent wage and offer them a platform to move to a bigger club.

No player plays for us because they have an affinity for Wolverhampton, to say otherwise would be kidding yourself.
Like Jota they'll all move at the drop of a hat.

You be proud at the players that have just dropped a 0/10 performance at home to spite their manager, in one of the more deprived cities in the UK - where fans have shelled out £30-40 on a ticket.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How is this not true?
You know looking at the fixture list the kind of performance we’ll put in

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno came in, had a look, tried attacking, lost games, went back to defensive and won some games… surely if the squad are unhappy with that they, themselves, need to be looking at reasons why another manager has come in and gone too defensive?! Surely the defence don’t think they can cope without help from a deep midfield; they must know that none of them could keep up with any attacker in the league if they get turned?! Surely the midfield know that if their area gets made bigger and gaps appear then they don’t have the mobility to get near the ball?!

Basically the players must know their limitations and the only way this club progresses is to sign players to compliment our best players and not make our best players carry the rest of them.

Richboxy

Groupie
Reaction score
Very quiet from players on social media - highly unusual
Agree. Usually get something along the lines of “bad result, but we keep fighting, on to the next one ”

But just complete silence from players and club. Bruno now the favourite to be sacked in the sack race. I think if we lose to Chelsea, he’ll be gone. Fosun seem to be ruthless when it comes to managers.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is this not true?
You know looking at the fixture list the kind of performance we’ll put in

It's alright these boomers just delude themselves into thinking that somebody that disagrees with them must be the only person on a footballing forum to have never kicked a ball - because coming on for 5 mins at the end of a dog and duck FC match has given them some sort of divine insight into the day to day running of a professional football club and allows them to delve deep into the whims and motivations of elite athletes.

Pathetic.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was on a yellow, pulled out the challenge but still stuck his foot in and caught the keeper.

If that was a challenge on Sa we'd have all been screaming for a second yellow, don't pretend otherwise.
Nonsense as backed up by the ex professionals on Match of The Day who agreed it was never a yellow card.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on. The only single word l would disagree with is "sometimes".

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Spot on. The only single word l would disagree with is "sometimes".
That’s not fair, I’m gonna go into bat for @KBWWFC

After Leicester he copped a pasting for voicing concerns in the verdict thread. Even I replied with a smarmy comment to his “papering over the cracks” line. I did not agree with his arguments and lots of posters had a crack at him for being negative after a win at a time when we had a wave of momentum but the concerns he raised turned out to be accurate. I apologise .9813EA2C-0552-4810-9D95-42ECB173C95F.gif8408621D-F568-488B-84AD-CF2BB259C887.gifA856FFC6-F8C2-4526-92D5-E8D496F73152.gifB552FC63-926F-496D-B0E1-BFDDB5D8E275.gif

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very quiet from players on social media - highly unusual
Yes it is highly unusual, however it’s the first time in a long time (probably a first for several of them) that the home fans have voiced their opinions. Overall, the home fans haven’t booed at the players. The boos on Saturday were aimed at them and they know it.

Bust up or not, fans won’t accept performances like that.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s not fair, I’m gonna go into bat for @KBWWFC

After Leicester he copped a pasting for voicing concerns in the verdict thread. Even I replied with a smarmy comment to his “papering over the cracks” line. I did not agree with his arguments and lots of posters had a crack at him for being negative after a win at a time when we had a wave of momentum but the concerns he raised turned out to be accurate. I apologise .View attachment 27769View attachment 27770View attachment 27771View attachment 27772

No no no no no this is the mix, you're not allowed to change your views on anything, you're doing this all wrong!

fleck1

Reaction score
Bruno arrived on the back of Nuno being let go in the search for a more attacking brand of football, his reputation at Benfica was fast paced attacking football and goals. The first three games although the results weren't there the style, attacking intent and fast paced football were and this had us all excited for the season ahead. But from then on it seems to have totally deserted us and never really been recaptured, surely Bruno wouldn't have abandoned his principles after three narrow 1-0 defeats in which we created plenty of opportunity, on the touchline week after week he seems to be frustrated and urging them to get up the pitch and move the ball forwards. But its become evident to everyone the football has slowly been getting worse and at this point its probably slumped below last seasons levels.
There are some big characters in the dressing room and a lot have been there 4 or 5 years now, are they they the problem? We see saw how quickly it turned for Nuno and the rumours started to leak about discontent and players not being happy with him. Things seem to be unfolding the same way for Bruno just at a quicker pace without the previous seasons successes to fall back on. We've seen in the past when managers come in to strong dressing rooms and want to take it in a different direction, we only need to look at Solbakken coming in to Micks dressing room and how quickly that turned. The guy had a decent reputation before and has gone on and done good things after us but the dressing room either didn't want to or couldn't adapt to his style so he paid the price.
You'd like to think players don't down tools and they respect the paying fans who are there to support them, but that performance Saturday wasn't a group playing for the fans, themselves or the manager. For a group with that much talent within it and European football still within reach that 90 mins was absolutely disgraceful.
I don't read too much in to the disagreements as they happen all the time in dressing rooms and training grounds, they only leak or get made anything of if you aren't performing, a bit like players are only tired after a defeat, but never after 3 wins in a week.

Is Bruno the man? is Bruno not up to it? does he just need his own players to implement his style? do the players not rate him? is the playing group past its best? are the players too set in their ways after 4 years of being drilled by Nuno they can't or wont adapt?

So many questions to be answered by the end of the season for the summer, my biggest worry is do we have the men at the top answer them and put it right?

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno arrived on the back of Nuno being let go in the search for a more attacking brand of football, his reputation at Benfica was fast paced attacking football and goals. The first three games although the results weren't there the style, attacking intent and fast paced football were and this had us all excited for the season ahead. But from then on it seems to have totally deserted us and never really been recaptured, surely Bruno wouldn't have abandoned his principles after three narrow 1-0 defeats in which we created plenty of opportunity, on the touchline week after week he seems to be frustrated and urging them to get up the pitch and move the ball forwards. But its become evident to everyone the football has slowly been getting worse and at this point its probably slumped below last seasons levels.
There are some big characters in the dressing room and a lot have been there 4 or 5 years now, are they they the problem? We see saw how quickly it turned for Nuno and the rumours started to leak about discontent and players not being happy with him. Things seem to be unfolding the same way for Bruno just at a quicker pace without the previous seasons successes to fall back on. We've seen in the past when managers come in to strong dressing rooms and want to take it in a different direction, we only need to look at Solbakken coming in to Micks dressing room and how quickly that turned. The guy had a decent reputation before and has gone on and done good things after us but the dressing room either didn't want to or couldn't adapt to his style so he paid the price.
You'd like to think players don't down tools and they respect the paying fans who are there to support them, but that performance Saturday wasn't a group playing for the fans, themselves or the manager. For a group with that much talent within it and European football still within reach that 90 mins was absolutely disgraceful.
I don't read too much in to the disagreements as they happen all the time in dressing rooms and training grounds, they only leak or get made anything of if you aren't performing, a bit like players are only tired after a defeat, but never after 3 wins in a week.

Is Bruno the man? is Bruno not up to it? does he just need his own players to implement his style? do the players not rate him? is the playing group past its best? are the players too set in their ways after 4 years of being drilled by Nuno they can't or wont adapt?

So many questions to be answered by the end of the season for the summer, my biggest worry is do we have the men at the top answer them and put it right?
The easiest question to answer is to your last paragraph and that is a resounding no.

Back
Top Bottom