Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

BOLY

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is too long back to think of anyone else who plays at the back like him. Bill Slater was my favourite when I was a young lad because he too could bring the ball out of defence with confidence and skill; I just couldn't understand why he was ranked behind Billy Wright! Bobby Thompson was also class at distribution from left back in those days. Derek Parkin and Frank Munro had it in them too, as mentioned above, and Dean Richards exuded confidence. I think Willy Boly is up there with those 4 as the best composed defenders I've seen at Wolves, but Boly is also as physically dominant as Flowers, Clamp, and Bailey, so comparisons aside, big Willy is THE FIRST ONE WE HAVE TO SIGNIN JANUARY, because attacking starts from the back, as does winning, as Nuno knows.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I seem to fall the pre-agreed fee for big Will was £12m. Anyone?

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is immense in every sense. He and Jota are the key signings in January for me. Without them we would struggle in the Prem. With them we have the basis of a mid table Prem team at the very least. Bonatini and Vinagre would be important too but the first two are in a league of their own along with Neves. If/when Costa returns to form I would put him right up there too in terms of pure ability . Cav is very good when he is on form but highly inconsistent.

S

ShropshireLad

He is immense in every sense. He and Jota are the key signings in January for me. Without them we would struggle in the Prem. With them we have the basis of a mid table Prem team at the very least. Bonatini and Vinagre would be important too but the first two are in a league of their own. If/when Costa returns to form I would put him right up there too in terms of pure ability. Cav is very good when he is on form but highly inconsistent.
He makes things look so simple but that's his quality: he does the simple things and they come off - why take risks in a back 3 and put the team under pressure? Great player.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
E&S were saying that Jota and Bonatini will be signed in January but no mention of Boly? For me I'd put Boly ahead of Bonatini if it was a choice of one or the other. Boly will be ideal for the Prem but I think you need pace up top against the best sides and Bonatini does not have that.

Jez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Did we all notice he got an assist last night ?
It was his header back to Neves for that wonder goal.....

Some have said poor distribution??
Not for me that was a well worked training ground goal that the lads obviously worked on.

Jonny De Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Did we all notice he got an assist last night ?
It was his header back to Neves for that wonder goal.....

Some have said poor distribution??
Not for me that was a well worked training ground goal that the lads obviously worked on.
Having seen tv footage today I noticed that has we are about to take the free kick Boly indicates he wants it low and then points back implying he will head it back. Full on training ground free kick
Also noticed on footage from facing the goal (bit far to notice at the ground) that as everyone runs in to take free kick Neves is already looking where the gaps are
Pure class

D

Deleted member 3573J

He's superb, easily the most talented defender we have but he's not even our best performing central defender lately which shows how good we are defensively. Coady has been pretty much faultless, from midfield plodder to defensive linchpin who'd have predicted it?

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
E&S were saying that Jota and Bonatini will be signed in January but no mention of Boly? For me I'd put Boly ahead of Bonatini if it was a choice of one or the other. Boly will be ideal for the Prem but I think you need pace up top against the best sides and Bonatini does not have that.

Totally agree with this.. Jota and Boly should be the ones we are doing our best to sign, Boly is class and could step up no problem.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the 14 games that Boly has played we have kept 10 clean sheets so I just read. He has been outstanding and makes everything look so easy. Best defender I've ever seen at Wolves.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My one and only issue with him is his distribution - too often he tries a long pass and it goes nowhere. If he can up his game in this area he's the complete defender.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is our very own black Jaap Stam.

He is brilliant I would pay an arm and a leg to get him in permanent. A total rare commodity hence the comparison above, as Stam too was a complete one off.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My mate is an Arsenal fan and went to the Leeds game. When asking what he thought of Neves and Jota he replied that Boly was our best player.

He's an absolute joy.

Im of the same view, as much as Jota and Neves are outstanding players Boly to me is the one that really does look in a different league to everyone on the pitch.

I saw someone posted elsewhere that Bolys family couldnt settlle and had moved back home perhaps putting his chances of extending past this season in doubt... i hope that was inaccurate.

E

E is for idiot.

I would do everything I could to sign Boly. He is top *******s. He has played a huge part in the overall defensive stability we have got.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The bloke is a man mountain. Easily a premier league player.

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
Wikipedia says that his he signed for Porto with a buyout clause of €45m. No idea how accurate that is but implies they’ll demand a very large transfer fee for him.

D

Deleted member 5242

I seem to fall the pre-agreed fee for big Will was £12m. Anyone?

I don't think so mate, can't remember there being a figure discussed.

Didn't he sign for Porto for about 5m Euros and considering he failed to make an impact for them you would presume they would be happy to recoup what they paid? Fingers crossed we can get him for that kind of figure anyway, an absolute steal!

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My understanding is that ALL the loan deals conducted in pre-season have an option for Wolves to buy with the fee already agreed between the parties. It's simply up to Wolves to decide yes or no.

D

Deleted member 5242

My understanding is that ALL the loan deals conducted in pre-season have an option for Wolves to buy with the fee already agreed between the parties. It's simply up to Wolves to decide yes or no.

Correct, but I haven't seen any figure branded around for Boly

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Could not agree more - Jota and Boly are our priorities for me

wildfire_wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Im of the same view, as much as Jota and Neves are outstanding players Boly to me is the one that really does look in a different league to everyone on the pitch.

I saw someone posted elsewhere that Bolys family couldnt settlle and had moved back home perhaps putting his chances of extending past this season in doubt... i hope that was inaccurate.

That was me. It was a chap I know down the pub and I haven't a clue where he got it from so I'd treat it with a large pinch of salt. I too hope he wasn't right!

Reactions: Ian

Berks_WWFC

Groupie
Reaction score
I heard a rumour that his wife/partner has moved back to their family home in France as she couldn't settle in the UK.
Not sure how true this is, but would lessen the likelihood of him signing permanently I would imagine?

I do agree with above posters though, I feel he is the most important to sign fully first as can easily see him stepping up a league with ease.

D

Deleted member 5242

Im sure I read £10m when he signed

Can't see us agreeing a fee of 10m for Boly considering he did nothing for Porto after signing for 5m? (purely opinion) As great as he has turned out to be we didn't know that at the time. Hopefully we find out in a few weeks when he signs on the dotted line! :)

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everytime I see this thread bumped I **** myself and think his hamstrng has gone again. This guy just has to be purchased best CB in my lifetime (50)

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A look back at the sportsmole report on when he signed mentions a fee to believed to be 12m Euros which is £10.5m

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I think that he'll only sign once we're guaranteed to be in the Premiership next season. If by some strange twist of fate we don't go up he'll have other suitors there. I suspect it depends on him and his family.

W

we8wba

I think that he'll only sign once we're guaranteed to be in the Premiership next season. If by some strange twist of fate we don't go up he'll have other suitors there. I suspect it depends on him and his family.

Same thoughts from me

S

ShropshireLad

How he only managed 4 games last season for Porto surprises me. Was he injured?

Back
Top Bottom