Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

BOLY

T

turner845

My understanding is that ALL the loan deals conducted in pre-season have an option for Wolves to buy with the fee already agreed between the parties. It's simply up to Wolves to decide yes or no.

Jota's loan definitely doesn't have such an option as exclusivity clauses and loan (with view) to buy deals are outlawed in Spain due to their employment laws as it restricts freedom of movement. Also Vinagre has a recall clause in January.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
when he is on the ball its like slow motion as he glides past players .massive player for wolves

D

Deleted member 5635

Im of the same view, as much as Jota and Neves are outstanding players Boly to me is the one that really does look in a different league to everyone on the pitch.

I saw someone posted elsewhere that Bolys family couldnt settlle and had moved back home perhaps putting his chances of extending past this season in doubt... i hope that was inaccurate.
I have also heard this about boly which I hope is not true.

D

Deleted member 3604

Have not really seen him tested that much which is testament to the team as a whole putting in so much effort. The man is so cool and then snaps like a cobra when he needs to. An absolute colossus of a player for us, just look at him, he is awe-inspiring and easily the best defender we've had since Dean Richards.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have said it before, he stays fit and it’s ours to lose. Easily the best defender I’ve ever seen in a Wolves shirt. Composed, classy and ultimately comfortable on the ball. A country mile ahead of Lescott.

Makes everything look easy, world class in fact.

D

Deleted member 3604

Have said it before, he stays fit and it’s ours to lose. Easily the best defender I’ve ever seen in a Wolves shirt. Composed, classy and ultimately comfortable on the ball. A country mile ahead of Lescott.

Makes everything look easy, world class in fact.

Lescott was badly overated and quickly got found out at Villa.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Have not really seen him tested that much which is testament to the team as a whole putting in so much effort. The man is so cool and then snaps like a cobra when he needs to. An absolute colossus of a player for us, just look at him, he is awe-inspiring and easily the best defender we've had since Dean Richards.

+1. A key defensive player; the sort that can definitely help us progress in the PL.

Would be a big loss if he went.

Tufts back

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I heard his family (Boly's) are going back and forth at the moment as stuff going on the other end but nothing serious , a friend of his wife or someone having a baby and relatives anniversary or birthday as well as Christmas where he has to work .
We will see in the summer but it must be hard to settle in another country and when you earn what he earns he can surely afford to humour his wife if she wants to go to these things .
I'm not worrying

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I heard his family (Boly's) are going back and forth at the moment as stuff going on the other end but nothing serious , a friend of his wife or someone having a baby and relatives anniversary or birthday as well as Christmas where he has to work .
We will see in the summer but it must be hard to settle in another country and when you earn what he earns he can surely afford to humour his wife if she wants to go to these things .
I'm not worrying

On the plus side imagine how well he'll play once he's settled!

R

reanswolf

As long as we go up, we have a chance of signing them.
They must be enjoying it, to some degree anyway.

Boly is just immense, his defending yesterday was wonderful.

G

German Wolf

Lescott was badly overated and quickly got found out at Villa.

Agreed to some extent for his later years. He was very, very good and has won stuff but, for example, he often looked hurried as he got the ball to his left foot for distribution. He was not encouraged to build an attack to the same extent as Boly has and this is because of better coaching IMHO. Boly glides just a tad more effortlessly than Lescott did. Still love you, Joleon - nothing personal!

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big Willy is so important. A great defender who will be all over that **** Flint next Saturday.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boly is class, but he isnt as good as lescott was at his peak tbh. Id still say Lescott was better for us than Boly has been as well. Lescott was remarkable for us when you consider the age he was.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are some people forgetting how good Lescott was for 5 years, at Everton and Citeh? Too much Sherry I think!!

Boly is amazing though, like Stearman he has a mistake in him, unlike Stears he's good enough to recover and atone for it

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lescott was a special talent and was obviously a better player than what Boly has achieved so far in his career. Boly has been outstanding for us in a few matches this season but he is a long way from hero status.

Coffer Wolf

Reaction score
Really like Boly and hope we sign him. Not seen as much excitement in my time for a CH since Dean Richards.

Coffer Wolf

Reaction score
Let's hope he signs in January and that he will be fit for Bristol and /or Brentford.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imo, he should be the first of the loan players we sign if we can.

C

CzechWolf

Anyone know why he went off yesterday? The first thing Miranda did when he replaced Boly was chest the ball down directly to a Millwall player, putting us under pressure. Nothing against Miranda, just didn't look as solid on the left.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Flint would be an option for us as well if we go up? Flint-Coady-Boly? Good defender and is a menace in the opposition box, worth 8 goals a season

Reaction score
£6mill in today's market is probably like 2.5-3mill 5 years ago, the sort of amount we'd spent on Berra, less than Michael Mancienne would have commanded. Absolutely sign him up for that price. Providing his hamstrings aren't a recurrent issue, if he's out again for another month or so we could do without an injury prone player again.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never had confidence in Miranda. If Boy out for 6 weeks, that’s really bad news. Remember how we conceded from set plays before he came into the side ?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where has it been said he is out for 6 weeks?

K

kaohsiungwolf

My understanding is that ALL the loan deals conducted in pre-season have an option for Wolves to buy with the fee already agreed between the parties. It's simply up to Wolves to decide yes or no.

...and for the player to wish to continue playing in Wolverhampton.

In Boly’s case he was apparently hard to convince to sign in the first place, so let’s not get too ahead of ourselves. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom