Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

BOLY

K

kaohsiungwolf

I think that he'll only sign once we're guaranteed to be in the Premiership next season. If by some strange twist of fate we don't go up he'll have other suitors there. I suspect it depends on him and his family.

I’d agree, but signing a player means nothing to these players other than they and their agent get a massive great signing on fee, it’s in their interest to sign, if they leave in July, they leave far richer having signed in January.

I’d also imagine they all have a release in their contracts.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boly for me has always been the key signing to make along with Jota. If we get those two on board the future looks very bright indeed. Here's hoping.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I’d agree, but signing a player means nothing to these players other than they and their agent get a massive great signing on fee, it’s in their interest to sign, if they leave in July, they leave far richer having signed in January.

I’d also imagine they all have a release in their contracts.

Has this post slipped through a time warp from "should we sign Costa in January"? I know what you mean, but the big club challenging for trophies that Boly will be playing for in 12 months time is US!

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lescott was badly overated and quickly got found out at Villa.

I wouldn't call him overrated I just think his slide came earlier than most footballers probably due to the injuries he got whilst with us. Before his injuries he was incredible for us. At Everton he was good but never looked quite as special as he did in a Wolves shirt. Very rare we ever say that about anyone!

K

kaohsiungwolf

Has this post slipped through a time warp from "should we sign Costa in January"? I know what you mean, but the big club challenging for trophies that Boly will be playing for in 12 months time is US!

In the nicest possible way, I think you’re getting a little drunk on Nuno wine.

Let’s see how we go on for the first season, if we get promoted, before we start proclaiming ourselves title Premier League title contenders.

There’s many, many equal and better teams than us in the Prem, the problem is that we believe our own hype far too much.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score

Let’s see how we go on for the first season, if we get promoted, before we start proclaiming ourselves title Premier League title contenders.

There’s many, many equal and better teams than us in the Prem, the problem is that we believe our own hype.

A little drunk on Nuno wine! I'm ****ed as a fart (metaphorically speaking of course) :D

A lot of people (myself included to some extent) thought we got Costa to cash in (and I don't think injury was the reason we didn't). We're building something big together, Nuno is the key, he is the rarest thing in modern football a man of true talent who also has integrity. I hope I never sober up!

D

Deleted member 3604

So anything coming from the club in regards to Cav and Willy? Come on Wolves ... mind you if serious they normally tell you so hopefully no news is good news.

S

ShropshireLad

What was Cav's injury?
He rolled around in their area just before we scored (30 seconds?). Fortunately, as it wasn't life-threatening, the ref permitted play to continue. Some others may well have blown.

S

ShropshireLad

Wolverhampton Wanderers are sweating on the fitness of two key players ahead of their Sky Bet Championship clash with Bristol City on Saturday....However, the league leaders could head to Bristol without Ivan Cavaleiro and Willy Boly who both went off injured during their 2-2 draw with Millwall at the New Den on Tuesday afternoon.

The game against City will be their third game in 11 days and although manager Nuno Espirito Santo doesn't think they are serious injuries, both players are major doubts for the the clash.

S

ShropshireLad

Cavaleiro was forced off at half-time and was actually on the floor as Wolves equalised, with Helder Costa setting up Diogo Jota.
Boly, who has been highly influential in Wolves’ fine defensive record, lasted until the 68th minute before he was replaced by Roderick Miranda. It’s no coincidence that Nuno Espirito Santo’s men conceded the equaliser just four minutes after the dominant Frenchman had gone off.
However, Express & Star journalist Tim Spiers issued a positive update on the pair, revealing through his twitter account that Santo was hopeful the injuries sustained weren’t serious.
He also added that Boly was seen walking around after the game and didn’t appear to be limping.
Nevertheless, the pair are sure to be serious doubts for the crucial clash against Bristol City at Ashton Gate in three days time.

E

Essex Wolf

Bristol City have their own injury concerns and fact they have played an extra game.

loopy lupine

Reaction score
Lescott was badly overated and quickly got found out at Villa.

He was 33 when he signed for Villa. I would suggest that after his previous injuries it was more them catching up with him than overrated.
He was brilliant for us, excellent for Everton and a won the FA Cup, the League Cup and the Premier league title whilst at Man City. Overrated he was not.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if they aren't serious injuries, the chances of Boly and Cav being ready in time for Sat are very slim realistically.

Let's hope whoever comes in at the back is ready for it. Have no doubts we can do the business up front without Cav, even though he's in good form.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you're mixing them up with Sheff Wednesday who had 9 (?) players out?
I don't think so NNW. I am sure they already had injury problems and then had more yesterday. Whoever wrote it seemed to think it was partially down to fatigue after the Man Utd game.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you're mixing them up with Sheff Wednesday who had 9 (?) players out?
Odowda and Djuric won't play before February, whilst Diedhiou, Pisano, O’Neil and Hegeler are all out until next March.

They are a club in crisis - and that is before whoever got crocked on Boxing Day.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think so NNW. I am sure they already had injury problems and then had more yesterday. Whoever wrote it seemed to think it was partially down to fatigue after the Man Utd game.
The City manager has joked they will be holding open trials on Thursday due to their growing injury list. :D

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Helpfully / stupidly they keep an up to date list on their website (at least I assume it's up to date as Paterson is on it)

upload_2017-12-27_16-24-54.png

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only comment I've seen of heard from the club is Nuno stating neither was too serious in his post match. Now he may be playing games to confuse Bristol or it could be that not serious means a week or two but it didn't sound like 6 week problems.

W

we8wba

Mainly injuries to their bit part players then

Their core is still fit and healthy

S

SavageWolf

A little drunk on Nuno wine! I'm ****ed as a fart (metaphorically speaking of course) :D

A lot of people (myself included to some extent) thought we got Costa to cash in (and I don't think injury was the reason we didn't). We're building something big together, Nuno is the key, he is the rarest thing in modern football a man of true talent who also has integrity. I hope I never sober up!
If Jeff and Fosun were thick or Amateurs then someone like Lambert would have talked them in to buying Hugil, Whelan and a couple of wingers from the Scottish Prem and get rid of Costa for £20m and Cav for £10m.
Jeff knew that if we are to be successful we don't need deluded fools around. Fosun are thinking big, at the moment I think way way bigger than we can imagine because we ay used to being mega rich like Man City who I believe Fosun will be looking at in terms of a model and process to developing a football club in a short space of time to compete at the very top level.
All anyone has to do if they doubt this is look at how much Fosun earns in profit per month and year.
They may not have a blank cheque book for us but what they won't want or accept is failure, so buckle up guys and gals cause this ride is about to get faster.
I can see them smashing the transfer record in a few weeks on a new striker mainly because it's January and prices are raised (I reckon £15-20m on a new ST) then a quality RWB for £5-10m with a CAM coming in on loan with a view to a permanent if we achieve promotion

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because I said I kept reading 6 weeks... which was indeed factual as it’s been written. I answered a question with a legitimate answer. No issue they’re whatsoever. Go have a mince pie grumpy :p
Just because someone types something doesn't make it a fact.

Oh yes it is.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So does ANYONE have an update on Boly and Cav's injuries?
All seems pure conjecture at the moment.
We're all playing a guessing game with no factual evidence to back it up.
Jonzy54? PumpKing? Can either of you help us out here?
Fingers and everything crossed, that they will both be fit to resume combative action on Saturday!
We need all our main protagonists out there, to help us secure the points required to get us over the line, a. s. a. p.
Bring it on!!

Last edited:
C

Calufur

So does ANYONE have an update on Boly and Cav's injuries?
All seems pure conjecture at the moment.
We're all playing a guessing game with no factual evidence to back it up.
Jonzy54? Pumpkin? Can either of you help us out here?
Fingers and everything crossed, that they will both be fit to resume combative action on Saturday!
We need all our main protagonists out there, to help us secure the points required to get us over the line, a. s. a. p.
Bring it on!!
I wouldn't be surprised if the 1st we hear about the return is when his name appears on the official match day squad , when asked Nuno has already said he didn't think either injuries we're serious.

G

German Wolf

Helpfully / stupidly they keep an up to date list on their website (at least I assume it's up to date as Paterson is on it)

View attachment 3145

Agreed.
Nuno's approach to injury information is so professional. Giving freebie information to the airwaves whether it is in this manner above, letting lip readers follow what you're saying at the side of the pitch or having people leak your team/squad well before the match helps with the marginals, and it all gets gobbled up by a professional sporting organisation.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There’s many, many equal and better teams than us in the Prem, the problem is that we believe our own hype far too much.
I wouldn't call four to six teams better than us.

Back
Top Bottom