Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Yep true. Funny thing is the defender actually moved back the other side of him after the ball had been played and he still beat him which proved he didn’t need to do it.
literally-grasping-at-straws-reaching.gif

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yep true. Funny thing is the defender actually moved back the other side of him after the ball had been played and he still beat him which proved he didn’t need to do it.
Ball should have been released sooner I think

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite the goal, I thought he played like someone about to move who didn’t want to risk injury. That could just be talking **** and my mind playing tricks on me, but he didn’t seem to want to run. Real shame the goal was chalked off though, great finish.
Rubbish . He was great and linked play well

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite the goal, I thought he played like someone about to move who didn’t want to risk injury. That could just be talking **** and my mind playing tricks on me, but he didn’t seem to want to run. Real shame the goal was chalked off though, great finish.
Funny you should say that as I thought he was making a little bit more of an effort today. Other games I‘ve seen him make a lot less effort.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny you should say that as I thought he was making a little bit more of an effort today. Other games I‘ve seen him make a lot less effort.
I think he'staying. The way the whole team celebrated his goal did not seem like goodbye. Maybe I'm clutching at straws here :D
Before Traore’s goal was disallowed, the smiling Spaniard was mobbed by his teammates and Lage on the touchline.

Addressing Traore’s future after the game, Lage said: “The most important thing is the way he plays for us.
“He played again with energy and scored the third goal again. He scored last week and scored again, and the way he celebrated with his teammates and also with me.

“He’s a team player, a big professional and a lovely guy. I’m very happy with him.”

@Matt Ain't it funny how your comment is so far away from THE TRUTH and how the real experts and other Wolves fans see it lol!

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before Traore’s goal was disallowed, the smiling Spaniard was mobbed by his teammates and Lage on the touchline.

Addressing Traore’s future after the game, Lage said: “The most important thing is the way he plays for us.
“He played again with energy and scored the third goal again. He scored last week and scored again, and the way he celebrated with his teammates and also with me.

“He’s a team player, a big professional and a lovely guy. I’m very happy with him.”

@Matt Ain't it funny how your comment is so far away from THE TRUTH and how the real experts and other Wolves fans see it lol!

Making yourself look like a right **** **** :)
All over the Mix, the football world and in many other sports, different fans sometimes see an incident or a player in opposite ways. Very normal.
So maybe your profanity gloating at @Matt is a tad harsh.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All over the Mix, the football world and in many other sports, different fans sometimes see an incident or a player in opposite ways. Very normal.
So maybe your profanity gloating at @Matt is a tad harsh.
On the contrary Matt was being rather harsh on Adama Traore imo as many others on here are at the best of Adama times ;)

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please do not sell.
If we keep him and he plays like he has been this season or the last one, no better or worse, would you accept that he will walk away for free, ( with £3m wages), when we could get £15 m for him now?
Bear in mind , he’s on the bench a lot.

If we take the deal now , we’d be £18m ahead……if he stays and walks , we lose £18m.

So is keeping him acceptable?

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we keep him and he plays like he has been this season or the last one, no better or worse, would you accept that he will walk away for free, ( with £3m wages), when we could get £15 m for him now?

If we take the deal now , we’d be £18m ahead……if he stays and walks , we lose £18m.

Is that really the best you can do?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is that really the best you can do?
Is this the best question you can come up with? Please explain…..and while you’re at it, do you find it acceptable?
My post was very clear and easy and the final question was straightforward.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He's got 18 months left on his contract so not as if we wouldn't get money for him in the summer.

Bit weird for us to weaken our squad in January, but hey ho.

He's the only exciting option we've got on the bench. He goes and it looks a bit rough. Neto back soon yes, but he's been out for a year.

For me, I would definitely keep him until we can replace him in the summer, but sounds as though Spurs are getting close.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this the best question you can come up with? Please explain…..and while you’re at it, do you find it acceptable?
My post was very clear and easy and the final question was straightforward.
It came across as simple-minded in the extreme.

GavW

Groupie
Reaction score
He's got 18 months left on his contract so not as if we wouldn't get money for him in the summer.

He's the only exciting option we've got on the bench. He goes and it looks a bit rough. Neto back soon yes, but he's been out for a year.

For me, I would definitely keep him until we can replace him in the summer, but sounds as though Spurs are getting close.
Was going to reply but this sums it up.

1-0 down in a cup quarter final in March. Imagine Neto and Podence started who would you rather come on to change it Hwang, Trincao or Adama?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It came across as simple-minded in the extreme.
No it didn’t, not at all. I just took away all the noise and clutter.

it’s basically what Jeff has to decide, probably in the next few days.
Hardly simple……£18m is very serious money.

So………what would you do in Jeff’s position?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes, it's all about value.

Traore is a £30m+ player easily in the current market.

So, to sell for £20m shows we're in a poor position, even if it's more understandable due to the contract.

We shouldn't need the money, should we? Fosun are an investment firm with enough money and are here for the long-term. So why accept a bad deal?

We're in the hunt for Europe and not only is Traore going, going to harm us, it's going to strengthen a rival. It's actually incomprehensible NOW.

If money is so important, sell for £10-12m in the summer. Do we really need that money that much? As I said, we shouldn't. We made a profit in the summer.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree with you on the weakening the squad right now.
What might be ideal is if we can agree on a deal with Spurs now but we keep Adama until the summer.
Crazy idea but who knows. After all it’s already late in January. Perhaps Conte could accept that.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I would keep him, were pushing for a top 6 spot if not better, why weaken your team for peanuts, and make the team above you stronger, who knows if he carry's on the way he is going we could get more. Football is a confidence game and it looks like he has got his back

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I can't help feeling there isn't much competition for his signature currently. This is probably because clubs are quite skint, but mostly because there's a lot of moneyball thinking out there, and Traore is the absolute antithesis of a moneyball player, looks amazing, stats say he's ****. So maybe 20 more games, some more assists and goals and we can get as much in the summer as now (or even more). I'd still let him go if that's the only way to get a midfielder in, or indeed if he's set his heart on it.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would keep him, were pushing for a top 6 spot if not better, why weaken your team for peanuts, and make the team above you stronger, who knows if he carry's on the way he is going we could get more. Football is a confidence game and it looks like he has got his back
A straight answer. Thank you.
I gotta be honest, from a business point of view I’d sell him. The fact that Bruno has him on the bench a lot is what tipped my hand.
£18m now is a big deal to Wolves…..it’s a very significant amount that we might need for a CM now or in the summer.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he'staying. The way the whole team celebrated his goal did not seem like goodbye. Maybe I'm clutching at straws here :D
If he was on his way Lage would have been told not to play him surely? He could have brought Trincao on or even Chiquinho and left Traore on the bench.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we sell him and bring in Sanches or Guedes for not much more then I can understand it. If I were Wolves, I wouldn’t sell Traore until one of those guys is signed, sealed and the medical is done though.

If we sell him and bring in no one then we’re shooting ourselves in the foot for this season. We could get 20m in the summer comfortably imo. Just last season, Ings went to Villa for 30m and Lamela went to Sevilla for 20m both with 12 months left. The season before, Jarrod Bowen got sold by Hull for 20m rising to 25m and he had less than 6months on his contract.

Teams like Spurs would still be interested in the summer. Fulham or Leeds would likely bite your hands off at 20m with a fresh war chest at the start of the season. Valencia have an option to buy Helder Costa at 18m and my guess is they’d rather have Traore if Mendes presented another alternative there. Barcelona may even have interest in a swap if Dembele goes which looks likely and if Wolves seek a reduction on the Trincao fee and/or some sort of swap deal.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he was on his way Lage would have been told not to play him surely? He could have brought Trincao on or even Chiquinho and left Traore on the bench.
I don't know, the way coady pulled him to the fans, it felt like it was goodbye

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think people end up over analysing it. The fact is that 20 million for a substitute is a hell of a lot of money only a few clubs can afford.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sort out a new contract that’s acceptable to both parties.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Still think we’d get £15m for him in the Summer. And possibly even the £20m being banded around now if he has a good second half of the season.

The other benefits of keeping now include:

- Gives us more flexibility around possible exchange deals with Barcelona or ‘Mendes’ clubs in the Summer;
- Allows us to find out how Neto returns from what is a really complex injury;
- Gives us more time to assess Trincao and see if him and Chiquinho can replace him next season;
- Bizarrely, he actually looks more likely to score goals than our other forwards at the moment, including Raul (which I know sounds crazy);
- With each place being worth £2m, if keeping us helps us to stay in eighth (or even higher), the financial element pays for itself (and would result in a net profit if we made Europe);
- We don’t sell to a potential rival and weaken our squad at a crucial stage in the season.

Fully appreciate he will still most likely go in the Summer but think we’ll be in a far better place to deal with that at that point.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s the point in keeping a player who doesn’t want to stay?

As much as I want him to stay, if he won’t commit and sign the contract we need to cash in.

Look how Kane was affected by not being sold. He’s been useless up until the last 2 weeks.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes @JOSWolf and also those Adama critics / bashers will be saying he's just a super sub that's all he is now!
I think people end up over analysing it. The fact is that 20 million for a substitute is a hell of a lot of money only a few clubs can afford.
What did i tell you earlier or words to the effect above from Adama doubters being just a super sub now...

Besides loads of TOP PL clubs of which we aspire to be one too now have £20m £30m £50m and even £100m (Greasy) sub players on the bench these days ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom