Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Act your age Mixers!!

Please "vote" your age!

• Total voters
S

singwolf_1

51 now, 52 in March... but looks not a day over 50. :)
Beat ManUre 2-0 away the weekend before, didn't play the weekend after in honour of my birth and drew 3-3 against PNE the following mid-week.

Born on the same day (10th March) - Osama Bin Laden and Sharon Stone :D

Last edited by a moderator:

wolves4life

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
36, share the date with Quentin Tarantino and Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
37. So why am I going to bed now and getting up to play 11-a-side in the morning. One day I'll learn.

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
54. Where on earth all did all those years go? Actually, in my case being mid 50's is a liberating experience. I finally stopped pretending that I can still do all the things I could do when I was 24.

A mate of mine sent me an e-mail with the following extract. You've probably seen something like it before, but for the middle aged among us who haven't...

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they were pregnant. They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can and didn't get tested for diabetes.
Then after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-base paints. We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, locks on doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had baseball caps, not helmets, on our heads.
As infants & children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, no booster seats, no seat belts, no air bags, bald tires and sometimes no brakes.
We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle. We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and no one got sick.

We ate cakes, white bread, real butter and bacon. We drank pop made with real white sugar. And, we weren't overweight. WHY? Because we were always outside playing...that's why! We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we popped in for lunch and were back when the streetlights came on. No one was able to reach us all day. And, we were O.K.
We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride them down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.
We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's and X-boxes. There were no video games, no 150 channels on cable, no videos or DVD's, no surround-sound, no CD's, no cell phones, no personal computers, no internet and no chat rooms.
WE HAD FRIENDS , and if we didn't we went outside and found them! We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.

We made up games with sticks and tennis balls and, although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes. We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them.
We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all.
If YOU are one of them -
CONGRATULATIONS!

S

Swinford Wolf

Great post Japan Wulf .
I'm only a couple of years behind you , I'm 52

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
51 now, 52 in March... but looks not a day over 50. :)
Beat ManUre 2-0 away the weekend before, didn't play the weekend after in honour of my birth and drew 3-3 against PNE the following mid-week.

Born on the same day (10th March) - Osama Bin Laden and Sharon Stone :D

You do realise singwolf that that 3-3 home draw with Preston is what cost us winning, not only the double (league & cup) in 1960 but the treble, 3 league titles in a row, as well. 3-0 up with 20 minutes to go if I remember rightly and dropped a point which would have made all the difference.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
54. Where on earth all did all those years go? Actually, in my case being mid 50's is a liberating experience. I finally stopped pretending that I can still do all the things I could do when I was 24.

I'm 42 and still working that last part out. One not uncomplicating factor is that I work in a university with a lot of smart pretty enthusiastic undergraduates - and where there's a will, one certainly likes to at least imagine there's still a way too :D

Wiltshire Wolfie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I turned 60 at the end of September. Saw my first game in 1960. How time doth fly by when you're having fun or are a Wolves fan...:) I share(d) the same birthday as Peter Knowles and Alun Evans and to make things totally bizarre, at the Sheff Wed away game on Sept 30th 1967, we drew 2-2, and both Evans and Knowles scored on their and my birthdays, what a day that was..I travelled home from the game that night a very happy birthday boy.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do realise singwolf that that 3-3 home draw with Preston is what cost us winning, not only the double (league & cup) in 1960 but the treble, 3 league titles in a row, as well. 3-0 up with 20 minutes to go if I remember rightly and dropped a point which would have made all the difference.
Boo! Cullis out!

oldun

Reaction score
Also 75: born 11.7.36. First game at Molineux FA Cup v Charlton 1946, 1-1, Billy Wright Wolves scorer.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll save your bacon Hicko, 75. I know, I shouldn't even be able to use a computer! Still. I remember the good old days even if I can't remember my name!

Also 75: born 11.7.36. First game at Molineux FA Cup v Charlton 1946, 1-1, Billy Wright Wolves scorer.

Thank goodness. :D

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
mmmmm.... can you have those two together? Doesn't existence need time to exist and isn't timelessness the eternal now, the much sought after exit door from this troublesome existence?

Well, depends what you're using the word-label "existence" for I suppose.

(And how do you know what time the Everton game kicks off?)

Time is a human concept....it is created to have order in life and explain events as a sort of linear process.

I found the door and am now omnipresent.....

Arcadius

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Time is a human concept....it is created to have order in life and explain events as a sort of linear process.

I found the "door" two thousand years ago! I have watched the mighty Wolves slay the opposition in the Colosseum!

Arcadius

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
On current data and making some assumptions on the lower and upper age bracket and assumming all other age brackets reflect the mid point I calculate that the average age of us mixers is 40.64706 Years! I will calculate the standard deviation to the mean after wrapping a wet towell to my head!!

J

Jungleee

On current data and making some assumptions on the lower and upper age bracket and assumming all other age brackets reflect the mid point I calculate that the average age of us mixers is 40.64706 Years! I will calculate the standard deviation to the mean after wrapping a wet towell to my head!!

Makes sense considering the most frequent post on this site has to have been 'I was there at Chorley'.

P

Penk Wolf

I've always been below average.

Golden Moth

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Yes, the linear process of events in this material sphere is pretty much what this existence is - no? Hence my point that you can't have timeless existence.

We can be in a timeless state though (ie always being now) - as the wise have advised "be in the world but not of it".

Perhaps attempting to remain centred in the timeless essence within whilst being a Wolves supporter (especially with Mick's team selections) is the ultimate spiritual exercise.

"Omnipresent"???

D

Dorset DeWolf

28, there are a few surprises of people who I had down as being considerably older than they are

B

Beowulf

I'm 42 but I also fit into the "Handsome/Pretty and full of vigour!" category...!

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
54 a week on Friday not quite in the old farts section yet but looking forward to it, as they say "old farts smell the strongest"

dmcmaho3

Reaction score
Resembling a mature cheddar - but 60 on 6th December so thought I'd better stick with the boring old farts. Free prescriptions but no bus pass for at least another 2 years, so will still have to pay on the Metro to get down the Molineux

Back
Top Bottom