Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Posters no longer on the Mix

D

Deleted member 3518

he got into a huff over the song association thread.

Glasgow Wolf was a character think he maybe banned though
OWF acted s a **** on the song association thread accusing everyone of cheating.

GW on TWF and has opened a bar in Fuengirola.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OWF acted s a **** on the song association thread accusing everyone of cheating.

GW on TWF and has opened a bar in Fuengirola.
GW living out there? Bar may be worth a visit if in the area once this damn virus thing is finally over.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Reckon it was way better and real back in the day…..even allowing for the occasional biased moderating at the time.

The impressive diversity with types and intelligence surpasses anything we currently have with the more staid and regulated stuff most seem happier to work with. Real and earthy perhaps it just reflected the uncertain juncture we (WWFC) were at with our rightfully expectant PL future at the time.

So many Knowledgeable and valid posters have unnecessarily chosen to leave the Mix over the years because they couldn’t just hold their own or accept a difference of opinion. Real sad. :(

Folk should just post their thing, screw anyone that can’t take it as par for a balanced forum.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Does anyone know who the very first poster was on the Mix and what was the subject.?
It’s a genuine question not a tease.

Golden Moth

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
One poster who’s screen name always amused me is Grubbyears doesn’t seem to be around any more.

I remember quite some years ago a visiting child, a non native english speaker, looking over my shoulder one day, seeing this username and asking which years were the Grubb years and why they were named thus. I had to explain about not very well washed ears.
Or was she right?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree.
My experience is the same.
This place wasn´t better going fifteen years back.It was worse and things have gotten better for most posters I think.
To each his own,and the so called elit clique was a knowledgeable bunch..but they were also absolutely relentless and rigid regarding the boundaries for what they felt was okay or not.I don´t think they gave it a second thought..but it was school yard bullying on an internet forum.
This place is much better nowadays IMHO.
It seems to me that the insults, demeaning comments and profanity have dropped off over the last couple of years.
So many posts had asterisks or stars.

SBDJ

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Does anyone know who the very first poster was on the Mix and what was the subject.?
It’s a genuine question not a tease.

Not sure exactly when the E&S Mix started because i think there was some primitive kind of forum that was going in the mid 90s that morphed into the mix

Id hazard a wild guess that it was a serious thread about who was at Chorley started by someone like Colin Swedewolf, Goldwolf or Prawnking that quickly became turned into a multi page thread of mud slinging including LIQ, The Prof, Sir Floyd Street and Co that ended up being locked once BAWS made a post

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he got into a huff over the song association thread.

Glasgow Wolf was a character think he maybe banned though
He is in same place as del woppio and a few others that left here over the years.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reckon it was way better and real back in the day…..even allowing for the occasional biased moderating at the time.

The impressive diversity with types and intelligence surpasses anything we currently have with the more staid and regulated stuff most seem happier to work with. Real and earthy perhaps it just reflected the uncertain juncture we (WWFC) were at with our rightfully expectant PL future at the time.

So many Knowledgeable and valid posters have unnecessarily chosen to leave the Mix over the years because they couldn’t just hold their own or accept a difference of opinion. Real sad. :(

Folk should just post their thing, screw anyone that can’t take it as par for a balanced forum.
I may be wrong here. But didn't you throw a hissy fit a few years ago?

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know.He has been open about his difficulties,and I do hope he feels better nowadays.
I don´t think he was ever the president in the Matt Doherty fanclub though..:)

He's on Twitter still as Oscillating Wildly ...

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure exactly when the E&S Mix started because i think there was some primitive kind of forum that was going in the mid 90s that morphed into the mix

The majordomo Wolves Mailing List .... was fantastic. Sending emails basically and waiting for replies. There was a daily "digest" of all the posts the day before. Maybe 94 95 for a few years ?

Some notable posters on there incl Jacqui Oatley and others in media less well known

SBDJ

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The majordomo Wolves Mailing List .... was fantastic. Sending emails basically and waiting for replies. There was a daily "digest" of all the posts the day before. Maybe 94 95 for a few years ?

Some notable posters on there incl Jacqui Oatley and others in media less well known

That was what I was trying to think of. Cheers

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GW living out there? Bar may be worth a visit if in the area once this damn virus thing is finally over.
Met him at Barnsley away a few years ago when we were celebrating promotion

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has to be Stolbakken related! :D
I was at Solbakken's first game. Home to Aldershot in League Cup. Ended nil-nil and we won on penalties. I recall after about 65 minutes Aldershot were out on their feet and he still made no substitutions.
I once spoke with an ex England manager briefly at Gatwick. When asked what he thought about Stale as a manager he replied that he was a very good footballer.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t recall doing so.

What was it over??….that’s the critical bit.
I seem to remember around the mick/stale era you started some sort of campaign? Of course I maybe way off the mark. Your avatar just rings a bell.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I seem to remember around the mick/stale era you started some sort of campaign? Of course I maybe way off the mark. Your avatar just rings a bell.

False memory syndrome re the avatar?? :)

Off the mark for sure. :)

Absolutely no campaign from myself, just an attempt to redress the general foolish and clear misapprehension of the situation at the time with us if it was anything, I would think.

Nevertheless a ‘fit’ of whatever type should not ever equate to an issue on the forum re posting. :)

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Salisbury Wolf, a mod on here for a short while, who went to live in Kiel in Germany hasn't posted for years.
Uncle Remus (Roger) and Quirkafleeg (and girlfriend) met them all in the Oscar Wilde here, ten years ago or so.
Wolfie (Brum Dave) not posted for ages but I meet up with him after games with London Wolves, a Berlin visitor over the years too.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many left here to form TWF, and what was the reason for the fallout?

Deutsch, Visage, Del and Langdale went to pastures new, but did others go with them?

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OWEI was a good poster and Billy Quiet, they’re distant memories now.

LIQ was one of the worst an absolute self opinionated twonk, with a few hangers on supporting him, I had some right ding dongs with him, that wouldn’t be tolerated now, plus I’m a lot more conciliatory than I used to be :)

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Met Jim (Dewsbury) a few times and really enjoyed his company. Last time we met at a game in Wigan I recall giving him my 1949 and 1960 cup final Pinks.
Hope all is well Jim and you are enjoying married life.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OWEI was a good poster and Billy Quiet, they’re distant memories now.

LIQ was one of the worst an absolute self opinionated twonk, with a few hangers on supporting him, I had some right ding dongs with him, that wouldn’t be tolerated now, plus I’m a lot more conciliatory than I used to be :)

LIQ disappeared to other Wolves forums and then disappeared from them too. I believe he is more active on Twitter these days

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Id hazard a wild guess that it was a serious thread about who was at Chorley started by someone like Colin Swedewolf, Goldwolf or Prawnking that quickly became turned into a multi page thread of mud slinging including LIQ, The Prof, Sir Floyd Street and Co that ended up being locked once BAWS made a post
LIQ and the Prof were the very first clique I came across when I first joined the Eand S Mix all those years ago.... :):)

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I also found there to be a massive clique when I first joined which was most unwelcoming to newcomers. They loved a catchphrase as I recall “****womble” being a particular favourite.

Del Woppio posted something about a transfer if I recall correctly that wasn’t true and, for whatever reason everyone was up in arms about it and he stropped off eventually starting/ending up at TWF.

Memories are hazy - I could be wrong - it was a decade of so ago!

D

Deleted member 3518

I also found there to be a massive clique when I first joined which was most unwelcoming to newcomers. They loved a catchphrase as I recall “****womble” being a particular favourite.

Del Woppio posted something about a transfer if I recall correctly that wasn’t true and, for whatever reason everyone was up in arms about it and he stropped off eventually starting/ending up at TWF.

Memories are hazy - I could be wrong - it was a decade of so ago!

You ****womble.;)

Back
Top Bottom