Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Posters no longer on the Mix

S

ShropshireLad

So since when is it that when you get married you move on? ;)
Apparently, since this coronavirus thingy, what with having to stay at home from work, the pubs being shut and the football being off several older chaps have discovered that their wives don’t go out to work any more.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did.
The guy is very knowledgeable,and is good with words.
Unfortunately,the attitude that sometimes came with it wasn´t everyone´s cup of tea.
So to speak.

Indeed. I have enjoyed a drink with Dan on occasions before a game, and certainly he has great knowledge of football, and Wolves in particular. He has gone through difficult times, but is a good man.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed. I have enjoyed a drink with Dan on occasions before a game, and certainly he has great knowledge of football, and Wolves in particular. He has gone through difficult times, but is a good man.
Haven't we all?

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I know.He has been open about his difficulties,and I do hope he feels better nowadays.
I don´t think he was ever the president in the Matt Doherty fanclub though..:)

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I think there were several on here known for being a shining wit or was that a spoonerism ?:D

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if it was on that OT page then yow wow get one,as I never gew on there.

From the OT forum, post 194, update on corona virus looks like you've been hacked?

'1972 i began' that's you isn't it.

"No I want the coronavirus thread put on the normal pages so I Dow have to listen to you idiots and shut the **** up yourself ****"

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the OT forum, post 194, update on corona virus looks like you've been hacked?

'1972 i began' that's you isn't it.

"No I want the coronavirus thread put on the normal pages so I Dow have to listen to you idiots and shut the **** up yourself ****"

Yes but I only went on there as I was directed there by Mutchey.I wouldn't have posted on there otherwise as yow lot gerron my bloody tits with ya politics.If yow ay gerrin any sleep cuz I ay apologised then here it is.Sowwie

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes but I only went on there as I was directed there by Mutchey.I wouldn't have posted on there otherwise as yow lot gerron my bloody tits with ya politics.If yow ay gerrin any sleep cuz I ay apologised then here it is.Sowwie

Thanks, I thought I was going more barmy than I am or you had been hacked..

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the Mix got some bad press a few years back,with new posters getting shouted down and an almost elitist clique of posters that thought they knew it all and no one elses views counted
A lot left back then, some have returned,some not
The Mix is a far more welcoming place now and has been for some time,with good humour replacing enlarged egos for the most part
Yes we still have a few but thats life it wouldnt pay for us all to be the same would it :)
This is true in my experience and in the shared experiences of many others I have spoken with on alternative forums. I was here under another moniker a handful of years ago and discovered what others had warned me about - a group of elite posters who dominated to such a degree there was a cult-like group think that had to be adhered to. Failure to comply would result in shunning, ridicule, ad hominem accusations (usually you would be labelled a West Brom wum). The temptation would be to either become like the ruling posters or fight back.

One, who thankfully isn't here any longer, would say to anybody who contradicted him: "Mods - ban him! He's a **** fan".

He was even doing that on this newer profile years later, accusing me and others practically every week.

However, match thread aside this place is so much better than it was for me under my old profile and this newer one. With regards to match threads I think that might be the 'tipping point' reason why some longer time posters have gone. But then match threads are happening live and so people aren't having time to control their emotional outbursts - better to stay off them when things aren't going well.

As for new posters, there is far less of the suspicious behaviour towards them and the group think mentality has largely gone with the absence of a small cluster of control freaks. They did more passive aggressive moderating than any moderator has ever done and the place is so much better without them.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Often wondered what happened to Oldwolvesfart and miss the posts of Portugaletc because he offered really interesting insights. I always remember how he was laughed at for saying we would have one of the best midfields in the premiership if we bought Moutinho to go alongside Neves. He was right! And of course the great mystery that was the heron. That was indeed funny.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Often wondered what happened to Oldwolvesfart and miss the posts of Portugaletc because he offered really interesting insights. I always remember how he was laughed at for saying we would have one of the best midfields in the premiership if we bought Moutinho to go alongside Neves. He was right! And of course the great mystery that was the heron. That was indeed funny.
The two Portuguese posters were good value. Hope that they are ok and reappear (probably with details of our latest great Portuguese signings).

S

ShropshireLad

One poster who’s screen name always amused me is Grubbyears doesn’t seem to be around any more.

S

ShropshireLad

@portugaletc was a really good guy. We had a few private chats and as you say, he was very informative...and owf was a good chap as well.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember someone called Del Pablo or something like that?
Left the forum in drama as he tried to 'steal' users using his power as mod as he/she set up the other forum?

hahaha. It was al serious and angry. Could do with some thing like that now....

D

Deleted member 3518

Remember someone called Del Pablo or something like that?
Left the forum in drama as he tried to 'steal' users using his power as mod as he/she set up the other forum?

hahaha. It was al serious and angry. Could do with some thing like that now....
Del Woppio?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Del Woppio?
I reffed him a friendly a few years back .Bod played too
He wore a t shirt with the words
Bono is a **** (sounds like fat cat hat) emblazoned on the front .Everyone loved it .
He used to love winding people up as the Fans Parliament Rep.
In those days you could print and be damned without needing the club to vet the minutes first .He used to spend a couple of paragraphs eulogising about which sandwiches he had and in what order before going on to describe the sausage rolls the quiche and whether he had cream or custard on his pudding .

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is true in my experience and in the shared experiences of many others I have spoken with on alternative forums. I was here under another moniker a handful of years ago and discovered what others had warned me about - a group of elite posters who dominated to such a degree there was a cult-like group think that had to be adhered to. Failure to comply would result in shunning, ridicule, ad hominem accusations (usually you would be labelled a West Brom wum). The temptation would be to either become like the ruling posters or fight back.

One, who thankfully isn't here any longer, would say to anybody who contradicted him: "Mods - ban him! He's a **** fan".

He was even doing that on this newer profile years later, accusing me and others practically every week.

However, match thread aside this place is so much better than it was for me under my old profile and this newer one. With regards to match threads I think that might be the 'tipping point' reason why some longer time posters have gone. But then match threads are happening live and so people aren't having time to control their emotional outbursts - better to stay off them when things aren't going well.

As for new posters, there is far less of the suspicious behaviour towards them and the group think mentality has largely gone with the absence of a small cluster of control freaks. They did more passive aggressive moderating than any moderator has ever done and the place is so much better without them.

I agree.
My experience is the same.
This place wasn´t better going fifteen years back.It was worse and things have gotten better for most posters I think.
To each his own,and the so called elit clique was a knowledgeable bunch..but they were also absolutely relentless and rigid regarding the boundaries for what they felt was okay or not.I don´t think they gave it a second thought..but it was school yard bullying on an internet forum.
This place is much better nowadays IMHO.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To continue..and finish.
Seeing them strutting off was a sight to behold.
A number of precious minds setting off in the sunset,and the dust left hit no one´s eye.
It was quite pathetic the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom