Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Women - News and Info

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This afternoon's clash v Huddersfield Town is sadly postponed due to the weather

Reaction score
I have seen loads worse
Not many at the level they are at. My daughter plays West Mids so i've seen a fair few grounds over the last few years and there are women's sides playing at some decent grounds even at county level these days, sign of how well the women's game is progressing.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if there’s an possibility that they may look to eventually have a purpose built stadium at Compton for the Women’s team, could also be used by the youth teams as well.

Perhaps it could even be used temporarily in the future by the first team should we ever have the much fabled ground redevelopment.

Reaction score
We need to get to the women's premier league where money is being poured into it by sky sports .
Win the league and potentially one step away. Breaking into the elite league though would need some serious investment from the club and a new ground, Castlecroft wouldn't meet the grading criteria for the Super League.

Boon2

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Recently watched Empoli Women vs AC Milan Women.
Goalkeeping a world above what you see in Wolves matches.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a great financial opportunity. We need to get in the top league to get our hands on the sky money.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to get to the women's premier league where money is being poured into it by sky sports .

The thing is though, whenever I see it on tv, and it is on tv much more now than ever, the only teams that seem to feature are Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal , Man United - not sure the money is equally spread at all even in Women's football.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
This is a great financial opportunity. We need to get in the top league to get our hands on the sky money.
It’s not that simple though even to get promoted to the championship they need a suitable ground castlecroft isnt good enough
There’s a huge difference between National league and the super league.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
The thing is though, whenever I see it on tv, and it is on tv much more now than ever, the only teams that seem to feature are Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal , Man United - not sure the money is equally spread at all even in Women's football.
There are 12 teams so they all feature they pick more of the top teams obviously

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not that simple though even to get promoted to the championship they need a suitable ground castlecroft isnt good enough
There’s a huge difference between National league and the super league.
I'm guessing, if you look at what other WSL clubs do, that they'd look at using Kiddy.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky keep increasing the money and we have to get in there and be a part of it. It raises the profile of the club if the women's team does well.
Rent telford again if we need a ground. The women are doing so well and we have to put some money behind them.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's a good year to get promoted to the Championship, which is receiving twice the sponsorship revenue from next season on. They're trying to address inequality through the FA Cup too: lots more prize money for early rounds. At the moment most teams lose money by competing in it...

I think TV coverage is especially skewed towards the bigger sides because there's only ten teams in the WSL. And with the exception of Arsenal vs Chelsea for the title, and Spurs vs Man Utd vs Man City for the Champions League there's not a lot to play for. The difference in quality is stark between bottom and top too: Arsenal, Chelsea and City are wonderful to watch but the stuff down the bottom is pretty dire.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As well as being top, with a GD of +38, 14 better than anyone else, they appear to be walking the league. Lock down prevented them being promoted 2 seasons ago but they held on to a couple of players who could be playing at a higher level. Looks good for the future.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Here's the FA Women's footballing pyramid for those interested in where we sit in the big scheme of things.

bcfa-womens-football-pyramid-2122.ashx

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here's the FA Women's footballing pyramid for those interested in where we sit in the big scheme of things.

bcfa-womens-football-pyramid-2122.ashx

Thank you for that. With Liverpool looking almost certain to win the championship, how long will it be before the Women's super league top six looks very similar to the premier league top six? It is close now, just needs Liverpool up there with the others..

Back
Top Bottom