Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Women - News and Info

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing our ever growing Women's side don't have a permanent and regularly updated thread here and the Youth sides do: it's about time they do - knowing they are a team who are going places and the investment by FOSUN, is beginning to pay off spectacuarly.

Yesterday was a most brilliant display in the FA Cup 3rd Round, through a 4-1 THRASHING of Watford away in Kings Langley - who may I add were top of the National League South (3rd Tier) and would have been in the Championship next term, if it wasn't for it being Null and Voided.

And with 13k+ total views of yesterday's game via YouTube, the future is looks extremely bright for Dan McManara's side, who take on midtable Championship side Blackburn Rovers in Round 4 this weekend!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good piece on them in The Athletic by Spiers. It's also listed under The Athletic's women's football tag so will be quite widely read by those who follow women's football. Bodes well for the club and is in stark contrast to Birmingham's disgraceful treatment of their (top flight) women's team.
I agree that Birmingham have treated their women badly. The problem that they have is that they don't have a pot to pee in.... They are in deep financial crap to the extent that on another thread on here a sale and rent back deal for St Andrews was discussed....

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Robbed of promotion twice is rather taking the **** a bit.
Keep going in the cup ladies, 4th tier cup winners sounds like a novelty that would live long in history.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree that Birmingham have treated their women badly. The problem that they have is that they don't have a pot to pee in.... They are in deep financial crap to the extent that on another thread on here a sale and rent back deal for St Andrews was discussed....
Yeah, they're in disarray. Don't think there's any excuse for booting the women from training because the boys U12s turned up, though. (Also disrespectful to the Boys Under 12s to be put in that position).

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to see a young lady that played for a team i ran make the bench yesterday, only just turned 17 and made her first team debut last season. The amount of times we turned up for a game and you could see the other team nudge each other seeing we had a girl in the team, she soon showed them up when they couldn't get past her and couldn't stop her attacking.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, they're in disarray. Don't think there's any excuse for booting the women from training because the boys U12s turned up, though. (Also disrespectful to the Boys Under 12s to be put in that position).
To be fair if one of those under 12s does come good it’s going to pay off to the tune of millions back into the club. If one of the women’s team becomes a world beater the club gets 47p and a bag of scratchings. Simple economics.

Contrada Lupa

Reaction score
2-1 down now at HT. The two divisions difference is starting to show in terms of fitness and skill but they are still giving it their all

Silly Billy

Groupie
Reaction score
To be fair if one of those under 12s does come good it’s going to pay off to the tune of millions back into the club. If one of the women’s team becomes a world beater the club gets 47p and a bag of scratchings. Simple economics.
Maybe it's due to Neanderthal attitudes like yours that the women's game isn't growing?

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe it's due to Neanderthal attitudes like yours that the women's game isn't growing?
Or maybe it’s due to the fact that owners want a return on their investment. And if you really want to have a pop at me pal then by all means try. I gave a proper view into how this game works and you just got your panties in a bunch. User name says it all.

Silly Billy

Groupie
Reaction score
Or maybe it’s due to the fact that owners want a return on their investment. And if you really want to have a pop at me pal then by all means try. I gave a proper view into how this game works and you just got your panties in a bunch. User name says it all.
Nope you have a small minded ignorant mindset that is holding back the women's game. You have made your mind up that 'women can't play ball' so you will ridicule them at every opportunity.

Maybe if there was significant investment in their game making them professional (like tennis) they would be able to improve their standard hence improve the 'product' thus giving a better return on investment....

Not saying they should be paid the same as men as they don't bring in nowhere near as much revenue. But unless they are allowed to concentrate fully on football like men (and not the ironing like you would want) they will remain a poor standard.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
If you don’t like women’s football which clearly you don’t maybe don’t open the thread entitled women’s football then

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I watched the 2nd half today and we put up a valiant effort but fell just short against a well drilled Blackburn side. I’m sure things are heading in the right direction. They’ve got a good coach and a good squad so they will be looking to go up next season after being denied it last season in such crappy circumstances. Whatever your views on women’s football you’ve got to concede they have done Wolves proud these last few seasons.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ladies are doing themselves proud with some excellent results, and this was another. Well played indeed.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What you say may be accurate right now. However, things change - men's football didn't generate vast sums of money years ago either. It probably is not coincidental that the biggest clubs are all ploughing serious money into the women's game. I imagine that they expect a return in due course.....

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There final game of a much shortened 2020/21 campaign, could see them win the Pygott and Crone Cup, as they travel to Lincoln City at 1pm!

They only need a draw to clinch the silverware and that follows from a 2-1 win v Loughborough last week at Castlecroft; unreported due to the Social Media Blackout.

Still no news on if they get promoted, so I shall keep an eye!

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Promotion Appeal SUCCESSFUL! Dan’s side are heading for the 3rd tier of English Football next season!

very good news this for the club. I know a lot of fans might not be bothered, but it's really impressive the way wolves have done this. As Jeff Shi says on the Ask Wolves videos, it's not being done because they have to (eg Man Utd in last few years) but instead from the grassroots up and to create opportunities for local young women and girls.

This is a real feather in the cap for the club.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am pleased they won their appeal. Well done ladies.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They deserve this, clear that they were head and shoulders above everyone else in the league and would have been promoted both seasons without the pandemic

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some rather big news: Wolves’ Women and Girls’ has merged with the Academy meaning that for the 1st time, the Men’s and Women’s side are linked up at Academy level and are run under the same set-up!

And the club have appointed the first ever Full Time Head of Women’s and Girl’s Football, in former Wolves Women Assistant Manager Jemma Burke-Martin.

Wolves’ women and girls football merges with Academy

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That kit looks half decent especially without a crappy logo.

do they do the women’s kit in a men’s fitting? :D

Back
Top Bottom